30 Day Walking Challenge

June 2, 2015 in Uncategorized

I almost got this up on the 1st of the month!  Leslie Sansone put out a great idea with My Fitness Pal for a 30 Day Walking Challenge in the month of June.

I’m hopping on the bandwagon and would love for you to join me!!

I have absolutely loved my FitBit and it has helped motivate me a lot.  I lost it and after spending a month searching for it, I broke down and bought a replacement.   Now I need to get back to hitting my goal of 10,000 steps a day and then moving up from there! I think this challenge is a fantastic idea.

I’m going to attach the chart I will be using over the next 30 days.

intermediate training plan

Source: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-30-day-walking-challenge/

But if you’re just starting out, pick any goal!!  If you don’t have a FitBit that’s ok too.  Just think of 5 minutes of walking as about 500 steps.  Count it with minutes instead!

walking challenge steps metrics sidebar

Source

Here are some 500 Step/5 Minute walks free on YouTube to get you started!

I’ll be posting on my Facebook Page every day about the challenge.   Feel free to hop over and post your steps or comment on how you’re doing if you want to join in!!!   300 Pounds Down Facebook Page

Also feel free to add me as a friend on FitBit if you have one.  Here’s the LINK to my FitBit profile

On a sidenote….we made a homemade Slip N Slide with a tarp!  Originally I had bought one from the store but it was so small that the kids wanted to try to make one themselves.  Again I have to tell you that going to get the materials, hauling them outside and setting it all up is NOT something a person who is over 400 pounds would have an easy time doing.  Every time I am able to do these things, I am reminded and thankful all over again for the weight that I have lost.  It motivates me to keep going.  To not give up trying to reach that ultimate goal.  And to remember that losing weight is about so much more than the size of clothing.  It is about making our life easier.  Easier to walk.  To breathe.  To participate fully with those we love.

11147239_10207107884114898_8313500446078382972_n

11295763_10207107885314928_2410683554274915863_n

JustKeepGoing

Mrs Abella June 2, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Awesome! I saw that on Leslie;s site yesterday, and think I’ll be joining you!

I put 8 pounds or so back on of a 70 pound drop, so got some work to do!
Mrs Abella recently posted..The Sun Returned!My Profile

John (Daddy Runs a Lot) June 2, 2015 at 5:11 pm

I use my iPhone 5s as a tracker . . . not nearly as accurate as a Fitbit, but certainly better than nothing.

And I’ll say that hitting 10k steps/day is a whole lot easier when, first thing in the morning, there’s an exuberant dog who doesn’t rest until you’ve walked, at least, a mile with him.
John (Daddy Runs a Lot) recently posted..Where random happensMy Profile

Calleigh June 2, 2015 at 8:41 pm

I started using my Fitbit again to get back on track, it’s worked wonders. Way to go Holly, stick with it.
Calleigh recently posted..Day 1 B210KMy Profile

joni June 4, 2015 at 10:24 pm

I am a few days down but will start this today I will try to catch up with an extra 200 steps for the next few days I need a fitbit it sounds awesome

Pixiebelle June 5, 2015 at 6:56 am

Its good to see you are still using Your fitbit, when you 1st mentioned it I got so enspired I went and bought one myself. I have used it everyday for 3 months now and it has really made a difference, I walk a lot more that I used to and push it to 15000 steps on some days. Its come to a point where the day is almost ruined if i forget it at home – like the steps do not count 😉
Best of luck to you on Your June challenge 🙂

Colleen June 10, 2015 at 2:52 pm

I think I will do this too! As for the FitBit, I have been asking those who have one what they think of it. I’m seriously considering getting one. Would you say it’s an accurate pedometer?
Colleen recently posted..4 Pounds Down! Transformation Tuesday 6/9, with PhotoMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 11, 2015 at 12:55 pm

It’s not perfect but pretty accurate I’d say!!

joni June 12, 2015 at 2:17 am

I have walked every day this week and I have added extra steps for the days I missed, I love walking so it’s not so bad for me it’s really finding the time. in the morning is too early before work so I walk on my lunch and eat at my desk,,, what ever works!
joni recently posted..Hello world!My Profile

joni July 2, 2015 at 12:11 am

well I started with the challenge but I took it a bit further and down loaded the couch to 5k app. I am trying to start running a couple days a week. I love to walk so I will do that always I have more energy and want to use it up LOL
joni recently posted..Hello world!My Profile