Happy Easter!

April 5, 2015 in Uncategorized

Happy Easter to all of you.  I hope that your holiday is wonderful!  I fully intended to make the sunrise Easter service this morning with the children—and yet here I sit!  That didn’t quite happen.  But that’s ok.  It gives me time to write a quick blog post before we head out to the next service.

Here are a few pictures of this morning.  The Easter Bunny favored our deck this year!

easter1

easter2

For quite a long time, I had a difficult time even attending church.   I struggled with walking from the car to the building and even when I could get there I couldn’t often fit in the seat or make my way down the pew.  I know a lot of people out there are in that situation.  Due to health issues or weight issues, it just isn’t possible for them to make it to an Easter service.  If you are in that situation but you wish you could go then I wanted to share with you a few things.

My daughter, Annabelle, who is 14  actually showed this to me yesterday.  It’s called a “sermon jam”.   It’s where people piece short clips of a sermon along with visuals/music and turn it into a short video.  For me this was one of the best Easter messages I’ve heard! It also speaks to those of us trapped in bondage to something where we try again and again to break free of it in our own strength.  Wow! That is totally me! So I really related to this one.

I also wanted to let all of you know that the church I attended in San Antonio (Community Bible Church) puts the service online.  In fact the Easter service can be watched live at different times.  Here is the link to get there.  I just wanted to throw that out there for those of you who wanted to go to an Easter service but couldn’t.

On another note, we are heading to the beach.  I have been detoxing off sugar and working at regaining control for the past 2 weeks.  The beach will be a mostly temptation free zone for me.  We are going into a situation where there is no pressure at all regarding food . Everyone brings their own food and does their own thing . There are no fast food restaurants on the island at all! (WOOP!)  And while we may go to a restaurant once or twice while we are there it will be seafood which is actually exactly what I need right now.  I can get salmon or shrimp and it will be perfect.  Amanda and I will spend plenty of talking walking around with the kids so I am sure I will get in lots of exercise and plenty of steps.  Speaking of steps….if you’re one of my FitBit friends I haven’t disappeared.  I just lost my FitBit charger AGAIN!  I was keeping it plugged into my computer (it’s really small) and that way I wouldn’t lose it and could easily charge my FitBit at night.  Unfortunately one of my kids (the guilty party remains yet unnamed LOL) removed it from my computer to plug the printer in.  They then failed to replace it and it walked off.  I already lost it a month ago and had to buy a replacement (not cheap).  So I refuse to buy another replacement when I know for a fact that there are 2 of those chargers somewhere in this house.  I guess until then I will just have to keep working out regardless of whether the FitBit logs it or not.  I am determined to find it though and if not I will break down and buy another one when I get back.

Well Happy Easter to all of you and I hope that your day is full of blessings!!  I love you all and I am always praying for all of you in this struggle.  We are in it together and I am so glad we have hope!!!  Always remember that.  No matter how down you feel there is always hope for you!

Barb April 5, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Happy Easter Holly! Enjoy your beach trip! The beach always brings me such peace! I swear I’m supposed to live by one! Glad you’re still doing well!

Karen P April 5, 2015 at 1:10 pm

Happy Easter, Holly! To you and your family. Please know, you are not alone if you are celebrating Easter with no processed sugar. NSNG- no sugars, no grains here.

Enjoy your vacation. Staying abstaining while on vacation and traveling is a key step in me being food sober. Glad you are planning to stay on food template. Safe travels and enjoy that seafood.
Karen P recently posted..Easter 2015- another food sober holiday weekendMy Profile

Erin April 5, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Thanks for the message about Barabbas. I never thought about it like that before. Happy Easter to you!

Alan at Foolsfitness April 5, 2015 at 8:15 pm

Happy Easter from Foolsfitness Alan!

Somehow I have yet to jump on the fitbit thing but it really seems to encourage people to stay active so if you can’t find one of those chargers maybe even a third might be worth it… just tie it to a big something to avoid loosing it someplace?

I’ve been trying to be good and avoiding most of the sweet tempts of the little bunny… but the sweet message behind the real reason for Easter you share isn’t something to be avoided!

Happy Easter from the Foolsfitness blog- Alan
Alan at Foolsfitness recently posted..April 1st Foolsfitness Returns!My Profile

Calleigh April 5, 2015 at 11:09 pm

Happy Easter Holly.
Calleigh recently posted..HIIT, Weights & Protein ShakesMy Profile

susan April 6, 2015 at 12:49 am

Holly, that you so much for sharing the Barabbas video-very powerful.
I hope that you have a wonderful trip!

Jeanette April 6, 2015 at 3:21 am

Thank you so much for that video. I truly needed to see this today. I needed to be reminded that Jesus is enough and I need to surrender my food addiction over to Him as well as all my trials. Thank you for the continued blessing you are to me.

John (Daddy Runs a Lot) April 7, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Happy Happy Easter 🙂
John (Daddy Runs a Lot) recently posted..Where I try to plan for the busy stretchMy Profile

Paige April 8, 2015 at 1:21 pm

You are amazing!! There are no other words to describe you. And you are so right- God is in control and we can do anything through Him that strengthens us. I plan on reading your blog from beginning to now. What an inspiration!!
Paige recently posted..Work schedule conundrumMy Profile

Deirdre April 14, 2015 at 4:54 am

I am 18 years old and need to lose 110lbs to get to a healthier weight. I am having a very difficult time, especially will binge eating, I plan on joining planet fitness soon. Your blog is very inspiring and I will be reading and following it closely as well as trying out your planet fitness routine. This really gave me hope. <3