Meal Plan, Workouts for the week and my new Turtle necklace! Slow and steady wins the race!

February 16, 2015 in Uncategorized

So planning out meals last week went well.  Here I go again!!  Planning ahead is planning to succeed, right??   I also got a FitBit last week and wow…has it really helped to motivate me!  So here is my plan for this week with links to recipes.

Monday–Crockpot Bacon Feta Chicken

Tuesday—Crock Pot Barbacoa Beef Chipotle

Wednesday–-Kickin’ Chili

Thursday–Chicken Bacon Crockpot Chowder

Friday—- Sam’s Club Buffalo Hot Wings with Ranch Dressing

And now my workouts for the week.  All of them are available on instant download from Amazon:

Monday–– Power Mile ( I plan to do this twice splitting it up through the day)

Tuesday–Mix and Match Walk Blasters  ( I will do the 1st three)

Wednesday— 5 Mega Miles   Yes it’s hump day and I plan to do it ALL!!!

Thursday–Walk to the Hits Radio Remixes (my favorite!)

Friday– Walk to the Hits Party Songs (This is my new one and I downloaded it from the Leslie Sansone website b/c it does not seem to be available for download on Amazon)

The FitBit has  made a huge difference in helping me to get moving again. I had hoped when I bought it that it would provide me with some extra motivation and breathe some new life into me!  This will be second week using it and I have yet to hit 10,000 steps in a day.   If you have a somewhat sedentary job or one that involves a lot of sitting then trying to get that many steps in a day will not seem easy at first.  I will say, though, that the more in tune and aware the FitBit makes me of my daily progress, the closer I am getting to that goal.

So on another note, I hope you had a great Valentine’s Day!

My kids were very sweet to me this Valentine’s Day.  They got me some presents including the cutest turtle necklace because they know the turtle/tortoise is totally my thing!!

Slow and steady wins the race!!!

Here is a picture of Charlotte and me from this weekend

minime

And the necklace they gave me!

turtle

turtle2

Happy Monday!

Tess February 16, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Cute necklace! I like how you plan not only your meals, but your exercise. I need to do that, too! One more thing to check off of the to do list, which I totally love to do! Thanks for the links for the recipes, yay!

16blessingsmom February 16, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Oh I am thankful for you this morning! I had just decided that, to heck with it, I am having cookies for breakfast. Now, I have lots of kids, and yesterday ten or 12 of them were here, so I made cookies. It was bad enough that I sampled the dough…then had a few cookies with them…and believe me, I had the excuses covered: it was cold out. I was having coffee. I was sitting with my older girls. Yup, I have plenty of those excuses. So I bagged up cookies and sent them home with a few of the older kids, but still, there are cookies. Since I am nice, I won’t describe these cookies, but they are sensational. But. I read your blog this morning, and said to myself, if she can get focused, and fight this fight, I can too. I need cookies like I need a hole in the head. No cookies. Not one. Not me, not today. Thank you!!!!!!! One small battle at a time, we can do this!!!!!

Della

John (Daddy Runs a Lot) February 16, 2015 at 5:51 pm

Love love <3 this post . . . it really looks like the little bit of planning is going a long way with you, and the enthusiasm you feel is infectious.

Me, I have pulled pork for lunches through the week (dinners, this week, are damn near impossible to schedule because of musical commitments), and I just started the 300 workout for Monday/Wednesday/Friday over lunches (I actually took my morning workout off this morning, which may be why I decided to punish myself).

I’ve been toying with the idea of a FitBit for awhile . . . I’m truly curious to see how much I move – while the iPhone 5s that I have does track my steps, well, it’s not on me all the time. Nevermind that I’m curious about my sleep patterns, as well. I was holding out for the Atlas or Amiigo . . . but both have been “in development” for a really, REALLY long time, and I’m not sure they actually have a product ready for market . . . which means, maybe, the 2nd generation iWatch (or whatever they’re calling it) might make the 1st generation device worth investigation.
John (Daddy Runs a Lot) recently posted..Where I provide my take on the current crop of fitness buzzwordsMy Profile

Donita February 19, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Thanks for posting about the fitbit and how, for some people, it is not easy to get to 10,000 steps. I have had a fitbit for over a year and rarely do I hit 10,000. It is discouraging to me to see others post about how seemingly easy it is to hit that goal. I am a SAHM and homeschooling Mom and even on the good and active days it is still hard. I have a fitbit flex so it doesn’t display steps. I am thinking of upgrading after your post. I see how looking at the steps could be more motivating.

Anna October 19, 2017 at 2:55 am

Love the turtle necklace, So darn cute. I love the green stone especially. My mom would love this!
Anna recently posted..it all starts with a shiny bar necklaceMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 26, 2017 at 3:24 pm

Thank you so much!! I love it when people comment on some older posts because it reminds me of things I Forgot about. I am going to go looking for that turtle necklace in my jewelry box now!! I have another one I should post. My kids love to add turtles to my collection. It is the reminder that I need “slow and steady wins the race!!”