Joy Walking

October 1, 2014 in Uncategorized

So remember the other day when I said that I was going to try and bring some “joy” back into my workouts?

Well I decided to try that Saturday morning by taking a walk outside for pure enjoyment.

I didn’t care about my pace or my distance.  I just put on my shoes and went exploring.

Since we just moved here not long ago, there is plenty to explore.  Especially since going from city to country life.

I shot some video from the phone of my little adventure along with some pictures.

For some reason my phone made this video small but you can click that box to enlarge it if you want to actually see it in a normal size!

(and excuse all my coughing and sniffing during the video!)

IMG_3328 IMG_3342   IMG_3366 IMG_3368 IMG_3371 IMG_3378 IMG_3348 IMG_3352

IMG_3344 IMG_3347

Natalie October 1, 2014 at 11:44 am

How lovely! I didn’t watch the video but all the pictures are gorgeous, especially the little creek. I’ve done some walking for joy too. Not pushing myself to walk faster or further, just enjoying it. And it reminds me how much I love walking.

Jessica October 1, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Awesome, Holly! You are so lucky (from my concrete suburban jungle) to be so close to nature….what a way to experience joy! Keep it up – movement is movement is movement

Teresa Smith October 1, 2014 at 2:00 pm

You are such an answer to prayer…thank you for inspiring me to keep going forward and not get sidetracked..I have decided I am staying away from sugar…this won’t be easy but all things ARE POSSIBLE with God’s strength…I have put losing weight off long enough!

John (Daddy Runs a Lot) October 1, 2014 at 3:49 pm

That looks like a truly tremendous exercise bout 🙂

Anneli October 1, 2014 at 6:18 pm

How beautiful!!! I’m in love and jealous of your route already.

Anneli
Anneli recently posted..Feeling fat/thinMy Profile

Startingoveragain October 1, 2014 at 8:43 pm

According to my friend who has a farm in Missouri, that fruit could possibly be an Osage Orange, which is only consumed by a few small animals and some birds. Indians used the wood (from the trees) for bows. However, when I forwarded the photo, he thinks it is a walnut shell beginning to crack. The Osage is larger. I bet it is the walnut, since you saw the ladders. Looks like you were near a small farm/orchard. Walks are amazing.
Also, I saw a great recipe on “The Chew” today that you may want to try. It was geared towards kids and eating veggies. Basically, you split a butternut squash, scoop out the seeds, brush with a little olive oil, and bake (not all the way). Then you make a basic turkey meatloaf and put it in the cavity of the squash and continue baking. You can find it on their website.
Now, if I could just stay strong. My weight has not moved for three weeks and it is baffling.