Exercise Update

September 17, 2014 in Uncategorized

Oh exercise….why are we constantly at odds?!  I try so hard to be consistent but lately I haven’t been.   I go through swells.  I’m all into it.  And then I’m not.  This is no way to behave!  Consistency is the key.  Of all people I should know this.  It almost doesn’t matter what you do so long as you do SOMETHING and do it REGULARLY.  Even if you walk 30 seconds, 10 minutes, 15 minutes….but do it DAILY….then you’re really accomplishing something.  Its those big exercise spurts out of no where followed by riding the couch that really are nothing but dead ends.

It pains me.  It really does. I totally want to be one of those people who goes from a completely sedentary lifestyle to running marathons.  I want to be that girl who carries around her yoga mat and water bottle and posts things on twitter about how many miles she ran this morning.  Instead I struggle STILL even after losing a few hundred pounds to force myself to exercise!

I AM RIDICULOUS

My 400 pound self had more backbone then I do lately!  I wonder how did she do it?  How did she haul herself around the block at that weight in that heat and then get up again and do it the next day without fail?? I was so on it back then.   Yet now I mentally I struggle to make myself work out every day.  I keep hoping that one day I will stumble upon some form of exercise that I just LOVE.  Something that will not feel like exercise.  It will just be so fun I will want to do it all the time.  But so far that hasn’t happened.

The closest thing I have found to that is walking.  I still continue to go back to my Leslie Sansone walking workouts.  She is just simply the only one I can stick with.  And I have to admit when I am doing them consistently I start to really look forward to it.  I feel better.  I feel more positive about the day.  And she has made enough of them now that I never get bored.  I own probably 20 of them!  I have several of her videos already downloaded in my Amazon library.  Sadly, though, my Roku isn’t working and I can’t get them to come up.  What a lovely excuse.

But I never do more than 2 miles lately.  And that is totally fine except that at this point in the game I am capable of doing more.  It’s just that I literally get bored SO easily that I have a hard time continuing on after that.

I’m thinking about buying a treadmill but I owned one once before and it became a clothes hanger.

I lost 240 pounds without the use of a treadmill so why would I need one now?  Maybe I’m just doing that thing where I tell myself…..”If I just had a treadmill!”

I joined the YMCA but I have only gone twice.  It’s just too far for me to go regularly.

Then the other day I heard about rebounding.  That peaked my curiosity.  From what I can gather it’s jumping on a mini trampoline. Does anyone know about this?  Does anyone have a mini trampoline?  Is this just me trying to find another diversion so I don’t have to just go for a walk already???

In researching information on mini trampolines, I actually stumbled onto two different blogs where the people incorporated rebounding (mini trampoline workouts)  as part of their way to fight cancer!

Both of the posts do a great job of outlining why they feel this is a good exercise for all people.  Here are the links:

The Best Exercise for Your Immune System: Rebounding!

Detox–Jumping Around!

All this really made me think I should give it a try.  I just wonder if it would be a waste of my money for me to buy one of these.  I’ve never had great balance.  I get dizzy VERY easily.  I don’t like any kind of activity that jars me.   And even though I’ve lost a few hundred pounds I still have a bra size that is probably not conducive to a lot of jumping.  This is why jogging for me continues to be a problem even when I strap them down!  That makes me wonder if this is a good idea.

Even if I do decide to buy one and try it out.  Which one?!

Everything I’ve read says the Bellicon is the way to go.  But even that is highly confusing.   You have to select what kind of bungee cords to get with it and that determines how soft or hard your bounce will be.  And how soft or hard SHOULD my bounce be? I don’t know! I’ve read that it depends on what you’re doing.  What if I get the wrong one? The wrong kind?  They say you can switch the cords out easily but let’s face it—it’s ME.   And I’m not good with instructions.  So odds are if I have to redo the bungee cords it won’t get done.  And there I will be with some piece of equipment I can’t use that turns into nothing more than a bouncy toy for the kids. Not to mention the price.  Sheesh! This is how I got paralyzed when considering the purchase of a treadmill.  Which one to get? Too many decisions!!  For me, too many choices are not good.  I have a personality that is easily overwhelmed by choices.  I get trapped in indecisiveness and that leads me to making no decision at all.

For now—I will just stick with my walking videos.  At least they are easily accessible and I actually like doing them.

But if anyone has an experience to share or suggestions on the mini trampolines or treadmills–send them my way!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

jess September 17, 2014 at 12:59 pm

I’m in a similar boat. I lost weight, felt great, and now I can’t get motivated to keep going.
I find that my newest favorite machine at the gym is the bike. I can read while I ride. Not the best, most strenuous workout, but at least it’s something. Maybe a stationery bike would be good for your house? Just a thought!

Jessica September 17, 2014 at 1:32 pm

I’m with you, Holly. I struggle with the exercise issue…I can come up with every excuse in the book (my husband travels a lot, so why start a routine of walking when I won’t be able to do it consistently, because I can’t leave the little ones at home while I walk the neighborhood, and taking them with me doesn’t “work” – this is my latest). I need to get out of my own way. I’ve found that if I walk at work – for 15 minutes or so 2 times a day – at least it’s something! As for the bouncing stuff – I have the same “issues” with the chest. I’ve lost 60 pounds, but the girls have stayed the same cup size – like towards the middle of the alphabet size…so that wouldn’t work for me either. My advice (if you were asking for it 🙂 ) would be to keep it simple with the walking…Love reading all you write, Holly!

Erin September 17, 2014 at 2:13 pm

With fall coming, it might be a great time to shake things up by walking outside! Maybe with some music?

Theresa September 17, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Hi – i have been following your blog and most of the time find it very enjoyable. After reading today I think you are so proud of the weight you have lost, and you should be, that you have put the rest of it on the back burner. You refer to how much you have lost frequently. Trust me I get it, its GREAT! I lost 140 lbs 4 years ago and gained back 75lbs. I have recently lost 27 lbs and am back on the road to recovery. I have to come to terms with the fact that I will never be able to eat like normal people. I cant eat just 1 chip…I have to watch everythng I put in my mouth and look ahead and compensate for what I am going to eat. I havent gotten back to the gym yet either. Like you, I am struggling terribly to go. Yes, there are many stressful things going on in my life right now. My 84 year oldm other is staying with me and 2 of my sisters for 4 months at a time. Its very difficult and stressful but life is stressful. Your move to VA (which I am from and love), your divorce, your children but just remember ‘Everyone has Something’. Im trying to focus on me for the first time, when is it your time?

Rhonda W September 17, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Hi Holly, I actually do have a rebounder and used it regularly when I wanted to ramp up my walking to jogging. You can do intervals on it and watch TV or even do the Wii. It doesn’t have the impact on your knees that regular jogging has and it can be done indoors when the weather isn’t cooperating. I even took a rebounding class in NYC and it was a blast. Another idea… Have you ever tried Wii “Walk it Out”? That is a fun little game and it takes hours and hours to work on building your “town” step by step. I got it on Amazon. You can do it girlfriend! Let’s go!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down September 17, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Hey Rhonda! What rebounder do you have? Can you recommend one?

Rhonda W September 17, 2014 at 7:38 pm

The Urban Rebounder through Amazon looks like a good deal at $120. It also comes with a stability bar and a workout dvd. I have a Cellerciser which is more expensive but very well made.

Gary from weightpsychology.com September 17, 2014 at 4:09 pm

The statement that jumps out at me is the one about one day “stumbling upon an exercise I just love.” It’s been my experience, personal and professional that this is important for consistency. I have also found that nuances are important – there’s a world of difference for me between me taking a walk alone (which is boring and feels like work) vs taking a hike with my wife and our dog (which I thoroughly enjoy). Another activity I love is cycling, but recently found myself off the bike for about 6 months. So, a couple of months ago, I texted a cycling bud knowing that if I set up a ride with him, I’d get back on my bike. Worked like a charm.

I also have a lifetime of experience. If I understand correctly, this is relatively new for you. Give yourself some time to figure out what works best; it will come to you. Your intuition about it being something you enjoy is spot on – just keep exploring; you’ll figure it out.

Oh, and you’re not ridiculous …this is tricky to get built right.

Anneli September 17, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Boy, do I hear you. Boredom is the big problem with exercise for me, that, plus I never want to take the time to do it. I’m a long way from perfectly consistent, but I do have three things that help.
1. The local library. I like to check out exercise dvd’s–that helps a lot with boredom–because I’m usually excited to try something new, and there is lots of crazy stuff out there that’s fun to do once or twice.
2. Just building it into my day. To walk to work or to the store –it doesn’t feel as much like exercise, because I’m going somewhere to do something. Plus, once I’m there, I HAVE to walk back because I have no car.
3. A challenge. I once figured out that Mt. Rushmore was about 650 miles away. So I made a chart and anytime I rode the exercise bike I filled in the little squares. Once I reached Mt. Rushmore, I ordered myself a sweater from their gift shop. Another crazy one I’ve done several times is “The Lazy Man Iron Man”. This is a full triathalon. 2.5 miles swim, 112 or 115 bike (can’t remember offhand) and a marathon. But instead of doing this all in one day, I have a full month to finish. I’ve gotten friends and co-workers involved in this one–and I order medals for all the finishers.
Good luck!!!
Anneli recently posted..Successful dinner!My Profile

John (Daddy Runs a Lot) September 17, 2014 at 5:18 pm

I have spent the past several years coming up with the “best bang for my buck” exercise routines. Now that I’m no longer in a position where I’m actively trying to lose weight or body fat (I’m in maintenance, which is….absolutely foreign to me, though I’ll admit that there’s a vain side of me that would love to convert 5-10 pounds of fat to muscle, I’m looking good, if I allow myself to look), I’m doing a LOT less cardio.

And I wish I had been doing less cardio all along.

I plan to post this all to my blog sometime in the very near future, but my pillars are: no calories until I’ve done some form of strength training (I allow myself one cheat a week), one press for every pull, and unless I plan to run, one leg rep for every push/pull combo. In 5-10 minutes, as my coffee brews, I work myself pretty hard (and, because it’s before coffee, I’m only partially cognizant of just how badly the exercises I’m performing suck), and, if that’s all the exercise that I get for the day, that’s fine.

Over lunch? I might try to walk, or I might head to the gym for more strength training (basically, if you get your heart to REALLY, REALLY pump, you’ll burn calories for well after the time that you’ve finished your workout, as opposed to most cardio which is great as you do it, but the benefits end when you’re done — so, again, I’m looking to maximize benefit with amount of time spent sweating).

I do still run, of course, but that’s been cut back — I try for one long run (2+ hours), once a week, and 45-60 minutes of running a time or two. I just adopted a new dog (literally, last night), so I’ll have 20 minutes of walking every morning and many nights.

As someone who speaks to a lot of new runners, many of whom are, ahem, well-endowed women, the double sports-bra is the way to go for any exercise where you’re worried about giving yourself a black eye.

I feel like I’m just throwing random advice at you, though:

– if you think you’ll enjoy trampoline-based exercises, go for it.
– be wary of a treadmill — many people get bored with them, quickly, and they turn into laundry-drying racks. I, personally, won’t even touch one – even if it’s pouring outside and I have a race that I must train for on the horizon
– give serious consideration to strength training — I do an entire bodyweight circuit, but I can point you to many resources who will tell you the benefits of power-lifting, especially for women, if you already belong to a Y.
John (Daddy Runs a Lot) recently posted..Where I present unsolicited advice for your next raceMy Profile

Startingoveragain September 17, 2014 at 8:29 pm

First of all, you are not ridiculous-it is easy for us to beat ourselves up and start the negative self-talk. I “only” walk 2 miles, also, but I do it consistently. Alone. Outside. I do a Walking Meditation, where I obseve the beauty around me and try to stay in the present. I also thank God and the Universe for my blessings. At home I have 1,3, and 5 lb. dumbbells, which Iuse when I can (fibromyalgia issues).
Besides sugar issues, I now have aging to contend with. I get very overwhelmed easily, too, so I have to keep everything simple.

Tess September 17, 2014 at 8:57 pm

You’re not ridiculous, you’re just (like you said) bored! I think I’ve told you that I have a treadmill. I bought it used a few years ago so start a couch to 5k program. I still have it and even though it’s kinda broken right now, I still use it. I find the convenience of it is awesome. I can walk/run in the morning, late at night, while watching a movie/tv, even while reading a book (walking VERY slowly!!). Some days I know I have to exercise in some way but just don’t want to, so I make a deal with myself: walk on the treadmill while watching ___ tv show, and then you can be done. Sometimes before I know it I’m running! Anyways, I highly recommend a treadmill. I’d start out cheap and/or used, just to see if you like it and to see what features you’ll like/dislike. 🙂 But more importantly, “Exercise…just DO IT!”

Bev September 17, 2014 at 10:06 pm

I love the mini trampoline. I’ve had mine for years. I should probably upgrade to a nicer one, but this has worked for me. I wear a Fitbit and get a minimum of10K steps a day. The trampoline allows me to make up the steps I didn’t get during the day – while watching tv as a distraction. There are exercise videos online to change things up.

Simple…I lose (or maintain) when I exercise. I gain when I don’t. I hate it, but that’s how it is.

Vicki W September 17, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Back when I wasn’t as fat (270 then, 430 now) I tried a mini-trampoline. Used it maybe twice. Like you, I easily lose my balance & never felt really safe on it. I also have a treadmill that I detest. I’d rather walk in the snow than just walk on that hamster wheel. Now that you live out in the country, it seems biking & roller skating would be ideal for you. Your kids are probably doing it anyway; Why not join them? Yeah, you may feel silly skating again like a kid- but who cares? You’re having fun spending time with your kids and MOVING. Win-win-win. From a fellow exercise-hater, I wish you the BEST!

Lyn September 17, 2014 at 11:19 pm

I bought my mini trampoline from Walmart years ago ($28). My little girl liked to use it too! I was trying rebounding, which is great in theory, but if you’re my age and have birthed several children you may find out real quick that jumping on a trampoline reveals a previously unknown urinary incontinence problem!
Lyn recently posted..The Insanity of Binge Eating Disorder, and the Long Path to RecoveryMy Profile

Kristy September 18, 2014 at 4:08 am

– partner dancing (so much fun and you’re single, so…)

– buy a fitter things that can go on your everyday bike to make it stationery so you can cycle while you watch tv. No big deal investment.

It’s really all calories in and out, the fitness needs to be about your mental health. Mixing things up all the time works for lots of people you’re not the only one who gets bored. X

Eunice Capps September 18, 2014 at 9:03 am

As soon as you lost motivation in working out and maintaining your figure, it really gets boring. Personally, I think that’s really normal. I’ve been on that same situation years back. What I did was, I took some time off and get myself some breather, then after 2-3 weeks I went back again to my workout and diet plans. And iI felt like it’s my first time again to do those stuff. Don’t go beyond 2-3 weeks, though, because you may never come back again, thinking that you’re all good now.

Ben September 18, 2014 at 10:24 am

The secret to consistent exercise is to stay motivated, something I learned the hard way. Do whatever you have to do to stay motivated (watch inspirational videos on youtube; read weight-loss transformation stories of celebrities, there’s a lot of them; join a walking/exercise group or any group of like-minded people; reward yourself with a new dress, trinket, etc). The only thing you shouldn’t do is use food for motivating yourself, but you know that already. You’ll find that if you can keep yourself motivated it doesn’t matter what the form of exercise is, you’ll do it. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Lori September 18, 2014 at 5:36 pm

I once owned a elliptical machine. I would listen to books as I worked out. I would only allow myself to listen to the book while on the elliptical. It kept me from getting bored. Who wouldn’t, staring at the wall for 30 minutes or more??? It also kept me motivated because I wanted to hear my book. For me, mysteries and intrigue really kept my interest the best. Sometimes, I’d go past my time limit on my work out to hear what happened next. Maybe it will work for you too.
Lori
Lori recently posted..Mini UpdateMy Profile

Danna September 18, 2014 at 8:16 pm

I’ve lost 180lbs in the last 2.5 years. I’d like to lose 40 more. For the last 1.5 years I’ve been exercising consistently. Here’s what worked for me….1st spend a little money on a good sports bra or two. Now, ladies let me tell you when I started I was a 42J yep, 42J. Go to enell.com and they can hook you up with a sports bra that will fit and control the bounce. I am now a 32DD, which is equally hard to find. However, if you go to a running store or to enell.com you can find good solid sports bras for the chesty gal. I’ve come to accept that I’ll never be able to pick up a sports bra at Target or any mainline retailer that sells S-M-L. My cup size is to big and my band size is too small. My non-sports bras have to come from a bra shop because with the exception of Victoria’s Secret, chain retailers and department stores don’t carry a DD cup size in a band size smaller than 36.

When I started exercising, the exercise physiologist at my surgeon’s office (I had RNY) told me not to expect any results at all for 6 months. Wow was that hard to hear. But it did set expectations. I committed to myself that I would exercise 5-6 days a week for 6 months, no matter what. I tried lots of different things. I tried different exercise classes, Zumba (hated it), Yoga (really really hated it), all the cardio machines in the gym, Spin class (LOVED it), weight training, etc. I’d do one routine for a while then switch it up or add in something new when I got bored. I did see some results before 6 months. Then I set the goal to run a 5K. I did the couch to 5K plan and it took me longer than the plan laid out. But, I did it and then signed up for some more 5K’s just so I wouldn’t stop running. Last spring I signed up for a RunDIsney 1/2 marathon at Disneyland for this November. I’ve been training since. It’s really hard, it’s really terrifying, I’m super nervous that I won’t be able to complete it or that I won’t make the pacing requirements…..but I’m doing it anyway. I’ve done a mud race/obstacle race just to see if I could and am doing another one on Sat. Next month I’m doing the Bisbee1000 – a 4 mile race with 1000 stairs in the race set in Bisbee AZ (I live in Phoenix AZ). Setting these races as goals helps to motivate me to go to the gym every day. Right now I do boot camp 4 days a week and run 3 days a week. I’m adding weight lifting back in next week and am thinking about adding biking —- I might try a sprint triathlon. I really recommend picking some races or events in your area and sign up, it can motivate you to train. Groupon and Living Social often have reduced rates for entry. I’ve done a couple of color runs which are also fun. Don’t worry about speed and don’t beat yourself up if you can’t run the entire race. The goal is to finish.

After 6 months I didn’t have to force myself to get up and go to the gym (I have to go VERY early in the AM before by family wakes up and my husband heads to work, I have small children still at home and they hate the gym daycare). After 9 months I didn’t hate the exercise anymore but I still didn’t love it. After a year I liked it. Now I really don’t like the way I feel on the days that I don’t exercise. Through it all I still haven’t developed a love for running, but I don’t hate it as much, which is good since my long run days training for the 1/2 marathon now require me to run 8-12 miles in a single run (sooooo boring especially here in Phoenix in the summer because it’s all treadmill – our overnight low is around 90 degrees in the summer here.. it’s Sept and we’re still in triple digits daily and will be for another 3-4 weeks so way too hot to run outside).

Set improvement goals for yourself, like I’m working on being able to do decent full on push ups, and to someday be able to do a chin up, to run a 1/2 marathon (just to finish it, don’t care about time), and maybe to do a triathlon.

Set up a reward system, 5 workouts = a pedicure, 10 = a new book, whatever works for you.

Meg September 19, 2014 at 12:45 am

I don’t know if this will help you, but I spent a year or two “prayer walking” every morning. I actually read a book, I believe it was called “Prayer Walking” and she talks about how she got up and walked 45-60min. every morning before work to pray for her family. It was part of a big life change for her (losing weight, changing her heart, etc). I loved it!!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down September 19, 2014 at 1:08 pm

I will look into that Meg!

C September 19, 2014 at 4:46 am

Rebounding – tried it, messed up my knees even more than before. Orthopedic surgeon said forget it. Definitely not burning enough calories to be worth the knee damage.

Have you run across Diamond Dallas Page (DDP) Yoga? Which isn’t yoga at all – he calls it “not your Mama’s yoga.” http://ddpyoga.com/ Watch the “Arthur” video if you want to see how it works.

I didn’t even want to check it out because I wasn’t interested in yoga. It isn’t yoga – at least, not traditional, or anything close. I’ve read that people who “do REAL yoga” are offended that DDP Yoga shares the name, which is rather funny.

First exercise I’ve enjoyed, seen benefits from right away, not had to do every day, and not gotten bored with. The videos of the transformations are pretty amazing.

For me, three days a week – about 25 minutes each – has been enough to see very noticeable changes. May increase it at some point, but may not because it’s already working.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down September 19, 2014 at 1:07 pm

I have actually tried DDP Yoga before. In fact, I own it! I don’t think I gave it a fair try though. Maybe I was doing it wrong. I hear so many good things about it though it makes me think I should give it another whirl! Thanks for bringing that up.

Debbie September 24, 2014 at 6:22 am

Holly,
No doubt in my mind that we are kindred spirits. I read through every post, not a one I haven’t thought of before except for the prayer walk…that one caught my attention, but I know me pretty well and it would be short lived as all the others are/have been for me.

But I think I’ve found a solution! Do you have a dog? I have two golden retrievers (I’m a seriously over the top dog lover) and one of the many reasons I got them was because I know how much they love to walk, and my dogs are no exception. They go insane when I even glance at their leashes in the morning. That’s how I want to be!!!! What is it that puts them over the top at the slightest thought of getting to exercise? What ever it is, I’m going to get it someway, somehow. Even if it entails peeing on a fire hydrant! (oh my!) 😮

Have you ever been to a hypnotist or do you know anyone that has been hypnotized? I’m like that frustrated with my mental/physical inability to be motivated to move more than I do.

Your thoughts?

Lori September 24, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I am in the same boat…lost 130 lbs, now have put back on 30 of that, which by the way I hate. I have been really struggling to get back to the exercise. I really feel it is a mind over matter thing, and I will do it. I need to for myself, so today I told myself I am starting again. I will not give up, I will do it. It is hard I feel since my whole life I have been heavy and it is just so strange to be smaller. I want to though and I will. We just have to set our mind to it and do it. Sure hope I can keep it up, really want to anyway. Love the walk dvd’s too. Gotta do it!!!!

Lori September 24, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Well I know exactly how you feel. I lost 130 lbs. about 2 yrs ago. The first year after I gained a little back, maybe 7 lbs. but my doctor went totally crazy. So this year I quit smoking and took an office job and have since gained about 25 more lbs, with the new job comes less time for exercise,,,my excuse anyway. I am determined to take it back off, it just is not easy. I told myself this am I was going to start back walking, and did so. I want to start doing it every day. I have always been heavy so this whole adventure has been just that an Adventure! I will do it, and I know you can too. I love the walk dvd’s I think they are great. I wish you all the luck in the world, and will keep prayers going for myself and you. WE CAN DO IT!!!!!

Regina September 24, 2014 at 10:17 pm

I love Leslie’s DVDs also. She is the absolute best. Congrats on your amazing weight loss. You look fantastic! Keep it up! I know from experience that it can be hard keeping it consistent. I’ve fallen off the wagon lately myself. I’m getting back at, taking it one day at a time. I know you can do it

Channie September 25, 2014 at 12:41 am

I have been doing Leslie’s walking videos for 2 years. Lost a good
Bit in the beginning!!! But have to really
Cut back on food. I usually do 2 or 3 miles a day, 5 times a week.
My daughter in law is into Isagenics, but
It is pretty expensive. I love to eat at night,
Maybe I need to cut back again to 2 meals a day.
Eating those small meals does not work for me.
I usually do my praying when I am walking
So that makes the time pass faster. Have been at my daughter in law
For 3 days. No caffeine, so am really tired. Thank you Leslie,
I really like your videos, they are easier on my 22 year old
Hip replacement. It is time for miracles!!!
This is the New Year!!!

MaryAlice Sears September 25, 2014 at 12:56 am

Hello!! How about starting Neighborhood Watch in your neighborhood while you’re walking…being out consistent and such builds the neighbors confidence and gives you incentive to go out…meanwhile get in touch with your local police department and find out if they have an officer in charge with your area. Then start passing out little flyers that advertise the meeting and location…it worked years ago…now I am chair of our map area and have not been able to exercise but and returning again and spoke to some new neighbors. Just an idea. Multi tasking…altruism…

Kate Owen September 25, 2014 at 12:58 am

My thoughts about the treadmill – at first I was so excited about walking on it. It was new and bright and shiny. It has a wide belt and long stride. I would watch TV while walking and found that I became really bored with it because the darn commercials. I then started watching movies during the walk and I would stay on it longer because there were no commercial breaks. Recently, I’ve fallen in love with one of my Leslie Sansone walking DVDs. I’ve been doing it for months in my living room. It helped me become a lifetimer with Weight Watchers and I’ve stuck there. I will go back to the treadmill (which is in the basement) later in the fall to change it up a bit. Maybe switch from the walking program to the treadmill just to keep it fresh. I love Leslie Sansone’s upbeat personality and motivation.

I applaud your hard work. Keep it up!! Look how far you’ve come!!

Cassie September 25, 2014 at 6:41 am

I get so bored easily as well. But I ordered some inexpensive wireless headphones that are Bluetooth and wifi enabled. I have used these at work to keep me focused (use with pandora) and IT WORKS! I am going to try with Leslie’s videos and with my music.

Anonymous September 26, 2014 at 11:27 pm

My favorite exercise is Leslie’s 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk and when she jogs during the last 2 minutes, I jump for 2 minutes on my Bellicon! I Love both!
You won’t need to figure anything out if you call the woman (I think her name is Silvia) at Qibounding.com – She will figure the rest out for you. I would suggest the bigger one though. It’s a purchase I’ve never regretted. Good Luck to you. God Bless You.

Grace October 14, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Good Morning;
What inspiration I have found in the above post and your amazing accomplishment.
I use a rebounder but after injuries to both my ankles have only used it sporadically. I like to do the walk away the pound videos on my rebounder.
The past year has been challenging I quit taking a host of anti-depressants and pain meds have had a weight gain but was determined not to go back on the drugs. Motivation and self discipline have been my most challenging obstacles.
Today I watched a walk away the pounds video while using my ancient weslo cardio glider which is effective and I don’t mind using it.
I watch videos from GIAIM TV a subscription internet service which I stream using ROKU they have hundreds of great fitness videos a true value if you get bored easily. They must have 20 of Leslies videos plus so many others.
I liked the prayer walking idea I have done it in the past too.
Last but not least speaking to body image is a big one, it seems whether I’m 5lbs or 50lbs off the mark the self talk can be extreme and it’s challenging to love ourselves for the amazing creations we are.
Best wishes for a day filled with love and peace.

Loretta October 29, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Hi Holly, did you ever get the info you needed re mini trampolines? Or decide if you want one or not?
If you’d like more info, I’ve used one on and off for about 30 years! The one I bought for when I was at my highest wt (460) was an extra sturdy built one. Please do NOT get a Wallymart one. Just trust me on that. Anyway, if interested, shoot me an email, and I can tell you the one I bought, why, the bounce hard/soft thing, links to credible articles, all that jazz. No, not selling anything, ha ha. But your posts have encourage me over the years, so wanted to give back, if you still are interested or need some info.
Loretta

Eli November 19, 2014 at 3:48 pm

thanks for inspiring me .. I need to lose around 25 kilos.. piled on this weight after a hysterectomy … been watching what I eat for the past few weeks .. started walking today 🙂 .. will keep you posted …

Beth Lopez November 24, 2014 at 1:26 am

Hey, I too like Leslie Sansone videos but I love walking outside much better. I had to go to a physical therapist for a back injury a few years ago, and she told me to start Nordic walking. She told me to order from Exerstrider (walkingpoles.com). I did, and I can honestly say that “exerstriding” is my favorite exercise I’ve ever tried…and the one I’ve stuck with most consistently. Try it! It’s so enjoyable. I felt like a dork at first with my poles, but now I don’t care! I try and do Leslie videos when the weather is bad but I’d rather be walking with my poles! Check out the website and all the research behind it.

gail April 10, 2015 at 3:52 pm

hi i’m also a too much thinker and not enough doer. i can understand about the not liking exercise its not my favorite thing either, i am trying to start a walking program something to do consistinenly. how did you start. i think you look great you have accomplished so much… keep it up you can do it.