Day 8–30/30 Challenge

March 12, 2014 in Uncategorized

1. 30 Crockpot Meals in 30 Days

Today I decided to try a recipe I found on Food.Com

Philly cheesesteak casserole- low carb

By chia on April 07, 2004

PhotoPhoto by Kathy at Food.com
20 Reviews
  • timer
  • Prep Time: 15 mins
  • Total Time: 6 hrs 15 mins
  • Servings: 6

About This Recipe

“perfect for low carb diets, this is a double bonus, as it cooks in the crockpot all day so you can come home to a great meal.”

Ingredients

• 2 lbs chip steak or 2 lbs cube steaks, cut into strips
    • 1 green pepper, cut into strips
    • 1 red pepper, cut into strips
    • 1 onion, thinly sliced
    • 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced more to taste
    • 1 tablespoon olive oil
    • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    • 3/4-1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
    • 1/4 lb pepperoni, thinly sliced
    • 8 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced

Directions

1. saute mushrooms in olive oil until softened and light brown, about 5 minutes.
  2. add to crockpot along with the rest of the ingredients, except the provolone.
  3. cook on low for 6 hours.
  4. stir well, add to 6 bowls.
  5. cover with provolone and add some cooking juices to each bowl to melt the cheese.

Nutritional Facts for philly cheesesteak casserole- low carb Serving Size: 1 (307 g) Servings Per Recipe: 6 Amount Per Serving% Daily ValueCalories 540.6 Calories from Fat 26649%Total Fat 29.6 g45%Saturated Fat 12.9 g64%Cholesterol 165.1 mg55%Sodium 954.6 mg39%Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g2%Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%Sugars 3.0 g12%Protein 60.1 g120%

I didn’t snap a pic but this was pretty good!

2.  30 Minutes of Walking/Jogging for 30 Days

Today I went to the gym with my friend, Krystal.  I am extremely thrilled that Krystal has finally moved back to San Antonio!!

I wrote about her in a blog here once and she also has her own blog called Sugar Iz Crack (aptly titled…yes?)

Krystal has lost close to 100 pounds following my sugar detox plan and starting with the 30 Seconds to Victory program my brother gave me.

To be honest, Krystal has become an inspiration to me now because she has done so well and I think having her back in San Antonio will help get me remotivated!

(On a sidenote, just now my auto correct tried to turn the word REmotivated into DEmotivated! Even the auto correct is out to get me sometimes! LOL)

SO….Krystal came with me to Planet Fitness today and got signed up.

Photo 1 3

I upgraded to the black card which means we get to use the tanning bed (never done THAT before) and the massage chairs.  Oooh la la!  I can FIT in those now!!!

It’s going to be awesome having a gym workout buddy!

Today we did 2 miles on the treadmill

Photo 3 2

Photo 4 2

Then we did 1 minute on some machine of which I am unsure about.  It felt like it was making us do high knees.  It was a butt kicker! We are going to work on that a little at a time!!

We also did 5 minutes on the elliptical and plan to add a little at a time to that every day too.

Photo 5 2

Look at Krystal going so fast she’s a blur!!

AND it appears I sweat more when I have someone with me!!

It was fun having someone to work out with.  It’s nice to have someone other than myself to talk to LOL

I mean….I do have GREAT conversations with myself and all of my various personalities…but it’s still nice to have outside input  😉

Photo 1 4

We followed this up with our shakes

Photo 2 4

AND a pedicure as a reward for our first workout in the gym together!  We can both fit in pedicure chairs.  WOO HOOO!!!

Photo 3 3

3.  30 Minutes of Bible Study for 30 Days

So yesterday I studied this verse in Romans

”…for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.”

Romans 14:17

I was still thinking about that today.

About Peace and how when my focus gets OFF the food, it has time to actually focus in on what brings me true peace

Peace is something that has often felt elusive to me.

Something I strive for and can’t always obtain

I struggle with anxiety and depression at various times in my life

And these episodes cause me to have a true lack of peace

Admittedly much of the time that I worry about things it is a result of my own mind going in circles

Rather than real problems, it may just be things I tend to overanalyze

Photo PNG 28

But then there are the things that are real solid reasons to worry

Or better yet…the situations I CREATE that cause me to worry

Regardless of how I end up there….

It steals my peace

So  I looked up the biblical definition of Peace in a Bible Dictionary

And it was interesting because it looked at it from 4 viewpoints

Often we think of peace as simply being content or tranquil

But the biblical definition of peace has the Hebrew root ‘slm’

That means “to be complete” which is a lot more than just content

The noun itself has different facets to it which mean different things

There is “salon” which means a “wholeness of life or body” as in your health

Now THAT is something a person seeking weight loss and fitness looks for!!

It also means to be at harmony and without conflict

Oh how I would love not to be conflicted!!

Then there is also the meaning of “prosperity and success”

Yes we need a lot of that as we move from 30 seconds and up in our workouts!

And finally it means VICTORY over our enemies

An absence of war

Well for me…this life IS war

War with cupcakes and chips and the desire to stay in bed instead of work out

I had no idea the word “PEACE” could mean so much!!

I intend to seek more of THAT!

4. 30 Minutes of Cleaning for 30 Days

So today we cleaned out kitchen cabinets.  I have no pictures but trust me…it happened!

5. Daily Blogging for 30 Days

Still struggling to make this happen but I’m trying!!

Now…how are YOU?

LHA March 12, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I am so enjoying your posts! Frankly I am struggling daily right now, but I have my three daily goals and am working on them. Thanks for inspiring me to at least try this.

Glad to see your friend Krystal. I have missed her since she hasn’t posted to her blog lately. I am so glad to see her doing so well. How great that you all have an exercise buddy now!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 12, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Good job continuing to work on those 3 goals. Little by little we will get there!!! Krystal moved and hasn’t had internet but when she does I know she will be back to blogging away!

Beth March 12, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Workout buddies are awesome!!
Beth recently posted..Dinner and the sunMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 12, 2014 at 10:11 pm

I agree Beth!

Christine March 12, 2014 at 7:30 pm

I remember Krystal! So glad she is doing well! Awesome that you have a workout buddy now too.
Christine recently posted..Pizza! SSW3D3My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 12, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Thanks Christine!

Leah March 12, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Love the updates. Walked 53 minutes Monday and 51 minutes Tuesday.

My husband’s brother passed away and I find myself losing focus at times but still determined. My heart is broken for him and his family.

My mom texted me something last nite that really hit deep. She said- “What you have been doing for yourself does not mean you don’t care about anyone else.”

I am saving that message for times like this. When I will do anything to find an excuse not to walk and not to focus.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 12, 2014 at 10:10 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your brother in law. I know this must be very hard for your family. I like what your Mom said. It is SOO true. Keep doing those things for yourself. My brother always says that in the plane they tell you to put on your oxygen mask first before anyone else’s. That’s bc if you pass out, how can you help anyone else? So true, right?

Steelers6 March 12, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Hey, it’s Krystal! I was reading/supporting her blog. I am SO glad to hear she is doing so well–wow, 100 lbs! When a WL blogger doesn’t update, I’m always hoping it isn’t bc they gave up. Well done, Krys!

And well done Holly. 🙂 You are blessed to have a workout buddy for sure. How far a drive is PFitness for you?

I am trying to do squats every day for my challenge, as well as doing my workout DVD’s, & walking regularly.
Chrissy

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 13, 2014 at 12:45 am

So glad you all remember Krystal! She has done awesome. Thank you so much for supporting her! I know she can’t wait to get back online so she can blog again. Planet Fitness is super close to my house. It is literally about 3 minutes away so I have no excuse at all not to go!! Awesome job on your squats, workout DVD’s and walking. That is awesome!!!

Natalie March 13, 2014 at 3:29 am

Hey Holly,
Tanning beds are now banned over most of Australia and in the process of being banned in the rest of it. Not safer than a suntan – not safe at all! So please do a bit of research on them before you get into one. You’ve done all this work on your body, keep looking after it!
You are doing a fantastic job on your goals this months! Great work.
Natalie recently posted..Losing weightMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 13, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Thanks Natalie!

Lorenda March 13, 2014 at 4:59 am

The machine you were describing might be called an arc-trainer. My daughter goes to Planet Fitness and talks about it. The YMCA I go to doesn’t have them so I have never tried it. She says it’s really hard and she can only do it for a few minutes.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 13, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Maybe that is what it’s called. Thanks Lorenda!!!

robin March 13, 2014 at 10:31 am

truthfully how am I doing? Well 2 days earlier in the week I binged. Had to figure out why, still unsure but last night resisted so feel good about that.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 13, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Robin,
I understand this very very well. What you did was the right thing by just trying to move right on from it. I also try to analyze my binge episodes to see what happened. But at the end of the day we also have to just get up and move on as if it didn’t happen. Don’t let yourself feel bad about it either. You just wake up and let the new day shine!! You can do it!!

Ginger March 13, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Sweet one, I am so thrilled for you that you have a workout buddy and your friend is back in the same town. (I view her blog too!) I enjoy reading your posts and specifically came to you today because I am struggling in daily life with five adopted kids and just needed some inspiration. I am in the process of a 40 day Lenten fast and blogging about my devotionals each day, and Satan has certainly been on the attack. Today it got to me and I needed a little sista time! My two best friends that truly “get” my life, moved last year and I have really, really missed them! So, as I’m so thrilled for you to have your buddy back, it certainly makes me miss mine all the more! Green is not a good color on me so I will move forward and simply say, “Thanks for the inspiration. Thanks for writing what I usually feel. Thanks for being honest and sharing your life with others. You DO make a difference! Even way out here in Eastern North Carolina. Thank you and keep on keepin’ on!” Sending love, Ginger

LN March 13, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Your comments on the biblical meaning of peace were so inspirational and encouraging. I am also a follower of Krystal’s blog and am glad that she is still working on her goals although she is not blogging regularly. Hope she will continue with her blog to inspire others. And, peace and joy to you and your family.

Paula March 13, 2014 at 9:39 pm

I am so glad you are doing so well and your friend Krystal moved back in town. It just takes one good friend exercising with you to increase your success.

I am a hot mess since Sunday, when we went to Epcot. I really thought my walking downfall would be my knee or my hip, but I ended up rubbing blisters between my big toe and the second one… even under the side of the nail. So, I am sitting here now with both toes wrapped in gauze and tape and my hand slapped by my doctor for popping blisters.

Obviously I am not walking, but I have babysat the twins twice this week while their mom worked and will do so tomorrow… I wish there was a way to know what kind of workout that is.

I will do your Bible study tonight. The scripture you started with reminded me of this old worship song that we used to sing in church…

Jesus be the Lord of all
Jesus be the Lord of all
Jesus be the Lord of all the kingdoms of my heart..

I guess I only fool myself
For I said I have yielded all
But in a secret corner of my heart
Was a kingdom that didn’t fall
I surrender now, make my heart your throne
Rule it’s kingdoms, great and small
For if You’re not Lord of everything

For if You’re not Lord of everything
Then You’re not Lord at all

Paula March 13, 2014 at 9:42 pm
Susan March 15, 2014 at 4:19 am

Susan’s Day 8 of 30 Day Challenge

Start 3/8/14 welcome

So glad you have an exercise buddy! I have a friend that I walk an hour twice each week. We consider it our therapy sessions. It helps so much – you have to go – now it is for your buddy’s benefit as much as for your benefit. Peace is elusive – it can be state of mind. For example…. a lady I worked with loved, loved, loved the beach. She moved there. Living there everyday was not like being on vacation. Then huracaine season came. So she packed up the family and moved back to the foothills. Puala that was a peaceful hymn too.

Drink a minimum of 30 ounces water every day – done
Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes every day – done
Love myself where I am and plan to meet my challenge – done
Clean house for 30 minutes each day – done
Overcome my craving to eat before bed – done (would have slipped on this if not for the 30 day challenge)
Use MyFitnessPal everyday to log my food – done
Eat more whole unprocessed foods – crock pot today cubed steak, fresh cooked carrots, potatoes