Day 7–30/30 Challenge

March 10, 2014 in Uncategorized

Ok so I fell off my challenge a bit over the weekend.   Things got busy and I have to say I only did about half of the things I intended to do.  But a new week is here and it’s time to get down to business!

1.  30 Crockpot Meals in 30 Days

CHILI!  This was very easy to make.  I just cooked the ground beef and threw it in the crockpot with some cans of tomatoes and kidney beans.   We like to put shredded cheese and sour cream in this afterwards sometimes.

photo-23

photo-24

2. 30 Minutes of Walking/Jogging in 30 Days

This is going very well.  I am jogging in 2 minute spurts after every 5 minutes of walking.  This is going very well for me and I will continue to do this.

I also have discovered that wearing spandex type underwear is the only way to go if I’m going to jog!    One day I did not wear this type of underwear and it was all bad news.  I don’t know if you’re like me or not but this girl right here has ISSUES.  After having lost a lot of weight, things are deflated and hanging all over the place.  I know that was an attractive picture!   But when I wear this type of underwear everything stays where it is supposed to and it makes a HUGE difference in my ability to jog. My back hurts less as a result too.

I think I got these for maybe 10 bucks at Walmart.  Worth every penny!

photo-25

And yes…I just showed you the tag to my underwear.  Well it’s Monday and that’s one way to start the week!

3.  30 Minutes of Bible Study for 30 Days

Today I found myself in Romans

“…for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.”

Romans 14:17:

When we struggle with overeating, it is hard to believe that there could ever come a day that food would not be our primary focus.

We are either eating or thinking about eating.

We are often obsessed with thoughts about food.

It can consume our minds to the point that we wonder if anything else will ever be able to take its place.

God does not want anything to be above Him.

God wants to remove from us anything that takes the focus off of Him.

He wants to clear our minds.

He wants to free us from the idols that often replace Him.

Paul tells us in Romans 14:17 that the kingdom of God is not about eating and drinking.

But in my world it has often times been ALL ABOUT THAT

This scripture tells me that the Holy Spirit provides righteousness, peace and joy

But it’s interesting to me that this verse places that as something OPPOSITE of “eating and drinking”

It’s as if the verse is saying that the opposite of peace and joy is a life where you are obsessed with eating and drinking

I realize that what we are talking about here is a worldly focus but for me it carries special meaning

Because these two things have indeed stolen my peace and joy in life more times than I can count

I must be reminded that I will never find peace and joy in what I eat or what I drink

At least not any kind of peace that lasts

Instead I need to continue seeking after the Only One who can give me what I truly need

4. 30 Minutes of House Cleaning in 30 Days

Oh boy….this one has fallen by the wayside one too many times.  I need to get with the program!!

photo.PNG-23

photo.PNG-24 photo.PNG-25 photo.PNG-26

Now to the most important thing of all….

How are YOU?

Christine March 10, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Oh I love me some chili, and cheese, and sour cream lol. Great job on the running! LOL on the picture of your underwear.
Christine recently posted..Super Shred weigh in #2My Profile

Gaby March 10, 2014 at 10:04 pm

What a great blog entry for a Monday. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I have been following you for about 2 weeks now and you have become a bright spot in my day, I look forward to each new post. I really appreciate your focus on God…Romans 14:17 nailed it for me too. Wow. It’s amazingly disgusting the time we allocate regarding what we put into our mouths. No wonder it’s a constant battle. You have a heart of gold behind your beautiful smile. Thanks again for sharing.
Gaby

Calleigh March 10, 2014 at 10:12 pm

I’ve read your blog for years, you continue to inspire me. I wish you so much joy Holly. You are an amazing person 🙂
Calleigh recently posted..Still TryingMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 12, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Thank you so much Calleigh! I wish the same for you!

Leah March 10, 2014 at 10:50 pm

That chili looks delicious.
Love the pic of your undies!
That bible verse and your take on really hit home for me. So true.
You are doing fantastic!! Keep going. It’s worth it.
Saturday (day six) went for a 3.5 mile walk/hike. Ran a couple spurts of it. Then went to a different park and hiked 20 more minutes.
Sunday (day seven) weighed in- 3.6 pounds lost for the week. 6.8 total loss for the last two weeks.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 12, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Thank you Leah!!

robin March 11, 2014 at 10:24 am

had a rough couple days with the food department. Trying to get back on the wagon myself. Funny how when people start to appreciate what I am doing for my body it throws me into a tailspin and I go the other direction.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 12, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Self sabotage? I know it well!!! LOL We can turn it around though. Yes we can!

Taryl March 11, 2014 at 1:53 pm

I’m laughing at the Pinterest joke, it’s so true!

I don’t struggle with organization very much, but I do struggle with being diligent to do things in a timely fashion. God has been so gracious is growing me in this area but as with all things there’s always room for improvement 😉
Taryl recently posted..Definite progress! 150.4My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 12, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Oh I struggle with being on time too Taryl!

Melanie March 11, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Holly- I fell off the wagon over the weekend into Monday as well 🙁 Will be blogging about it later today!
We also made Chili in the crockpot yesterday!
Melanie recently posted..30/30 Challenge: Day 5My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 12, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Glad we fell off the wagon together, Mel, so we can get back on together!! LOL

tb March 11, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Dear Holly, I find you very diligent. Don’t worry about missing those days over the weekend, except that I was sad to not see any new posts, ha ha! I am trying to do the same as you, daily writing, prayer, cooking, cleaning, and exercising. Right now I have a foot injury, so I do what I can. I have posterior tibial tendonitis. I am bad at praying though because God and I don’t agree on things. Truth be told, it sounds crazy I guess but I have been praying to God about something for twenty-seven years now, no joke at all. I feel like there is still no answer to my prayer. This cannot wait forever, it really cannot. Anyways, I like your goals. By the way, you don’t look overweight to me at all. I like the photo of you in the white suit with your daughter in the yellow dress. Very cute. I like your bible study. I wish I could make myself do that. Crock pot meals? Seem good, but I use the oven and stovetop since I don’t have a crock pot. But that is okay though. Cooking good meals sure takes time, and I don’t know how you manage since you seem to have a full-time job outside the home, although I am not sure about that. However you have kids and that is a job in itself!! Cheers to you!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 12, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Thank you so much!! I do understand what you mean about praying to God for something forever and wondering when your answer will come. I try to hold on to the fact that God’s ways are not our ways. It is hard though. Trust me I really relate to this!!!

Denise @ Do you have that in my size??? March 12, 2014 at 1:10 pm

I’m right there with you in the “what am I supposed to do with all of this extra skin?” department, so thanks for the supportive undergarment recommendation. I’ve been adding jogging into my routine lately, too, and the flappy skin thing with loose running shorts was not something I was looking forward to!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 12, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Me too!! The spanx-like underwear makes the difference!! LOL

Susan March 14, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Susan’s Day 5,6,7 of 30 Day Challenge
Start 3/8/14 welcome

I can see why you skipped the blog – it was a gorgeous weekend. Sounds like you still kept your challenge. The underwear tag did make me laugh even before I got to the cleaning cartoons.

Drink a minimum of 30 ounces water every day – done x3
Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes every day – done x3
Love myself where I am and plan to meet my challenge -done #3
Clean house for 30 minutes each day – done DQ
Overcome my craving to eat before bed -done x 3
Use MyFitnessPal everyday to log my food – done x3 AND done 3 pounds!!!
Eat more whole unprocessed foods – done

Living 400lbs April 30, 2014 at 11:31 pm

Hope you don’t mind a late comment – I saw the Flexees and yup, I have some of those! They help with back support when I haven’t kept up with core exercises & reduce jiggle when moving around a lot. Leggings or bike shorts can work too.
Living 400lbs recently posted..Anybody watch the Bill Cunningham show?My Profile