Things I’m Loving This Week

February 19, 2014 in Uncategorized

So…I’ve been reminding myself lately of the habits that really work for me

Like Drinking Water and  Working Out

And it occurred to me that one of the best habits for me to remain positive

Is the habit of Gratefulness

There was a time when it seemed everything was going SO wrong

That in order to see the light, I had to learn to look for the little things

Any small speck at all in this world from which I could glean a smidgen of joy

It was then I began noticing everything I could that added a little happiness to my day

From someone who held the door for me at Walmart to that elusive parking place up front that made walking less traumatic for me when I weighed 417.

Maybe I’ve gotten out of this habit

So it’s time to renew it!

In that spirit, I’d like to add a post of Things I’m Loving This Week!!!

And I hope that every week I will do this so I always remind myself of the little things that add joy to each and every day

1.  This Mug

I love coffee mugs.  Especially mugs that inspire me or make me feel in some way positive about the day.  Since that is how I start my day, I really appreciate a coffee mug that starts it off with a positive spin!

photo-2

2.  This Show

I love Kevin Spacey.  He is one of my favorite actors.  I also love Robin Wright because when I was in middle school she played Kelly Capwell on Santa Barbara!  That is a soap opera for those of you that don’t know.  She also was the princess in the Princess Bride.   I always thought Robin Wright was an under appreciated actress.  So I feel some kind of strange pride that she has now landed such a great role.

I watched the British Version of House of Cards several years ago….long before anyone seemed to really have heard of it.  I was really excited when I heard they were making an American version with two of my favorite actors.  Season 2 is finally out.  So you know what….yes I am grateful for that!!

photo.PNG-8

3.  This water bottle

For the same reason I love my coffee mug–it’s a positive way to start the day.

photo-4

4.  This Experiment

Here is my successful experiment at freezing two dark chocolate Atkins shakes in a freezer safe rubbermaid container.

It takes a long time to eat this frozen and it feels like a special treat minus the sugar!!

photo-3

5.  These slippers

Just as I like to begin the day on a happy note with my coffee mug and water bottle, I like to end it the same way if I can!

And these slippers just make me smile 🙂

photo-7

6. This Book

I’m reading this book in a class I am taking at my church.  He has written an entire series of books and there is a class for each one.  I am really looking forward to each week and I enjoy the people I have met there.  I am grateful for this series!

photo.PNG-7

7.  This Bracelet

I totally bought this for myself!  I love turtles/tortoises and the message of “Slow and Steady Wins the Race!”

photo-8

8.  This Set Up

I’ve had a lot of progress this week combining the Kindle and the treadmill.

I’ve increased my distance every day as a result of getting lost in a book.  Now if I only could get my gym to give me the wifi password so I could watch House of Cards on the treadmill too.  Then I’d for sure go another few miles!

photo-5

9. These Kids!!

My oldest is not in this picture but add her in and you have the 4 joys of my life!!

photo-6

10.  This Story

My brother’s story was on CNN this week.  Give it a read if you haven’t seen it!

photo.PNG-10

11.  This Blog

I’ve fallen totally in love with this blog/website.  It is called Nerd Fitness.  I highly recommend checking it out.  The advice is solid and delivered in a humorous but helpful way.  It’s become one of my favorite blogs to read!

photo

What are you grateful for this week?

Kelliann February 19, 2014 at 4:42 pm

I LOVE NerdFitness!! 🙂
Kelliann recently posted..Finding the BalanceMy Profile

Pam Holmes February 19, 2014 at 4:42 pm

I am grateful for feeling better this week–no bouts of stomach cramps for almost two weeks! HOORAY! I am grateful that husband is still feeling well enough to go to work, even with Stage Four Prostate Cancer, so we still have health insurance, and things seem normal–for now. I am grateful for my boys and their families and my glorious grandchildren. I am grateful for a couple of spring-like days we have had, it’s so nice not to freeze my tail off when I walk outside! I am grateful for you and your blog Holly–you inspire me and motivate me every single day!
Pam Holmes recently posted..If not for DuMy Profile

Erin February 19, 2014 at 4:46 pm

I also love NerdFitness. And I am also grateful for you and this blog! Try Fitocracy, it’s awesome.

Lynne February 19, 2014 at 5:05 pm

What a wonderful entry on your blog! Sometimes it’s easy to forget about all the things to be grateful for when all you can think about is wanting/needing to lose weight – it seems there’s nothing to be grateful for until that happens. You’ve shown me otherwise! While healthy living is important and needs to be worked on daily – obsessing and punishing myself in its name is not the answer! Be grateful – that’s the answer 🙂 Love your turtle bracelet – I’ve always like turtles and I think it’s time I adopt their attitude too 🙂 Slow & steady. (I’m throwing in ‘imperfect’, too) Thanks for the time you take to write your thoughtful blog!

Luka Beth February 19, 2014 at 5:53 pm

i have the exact same turtle bracelet. My best friend sent it to me for my brithday a few years ago—I am also a lover of all things turtle–ever since I was a kid.

And I loved your post today. I’m going to try to find something every day to be thankful for during my journey to a healthier me.

Thank you for coming back, and for recommiting to the fight. You were missed!
Luka Beth recently posted..The choices we makeMy Profile

Lori February 19, 2014 at 10:15 pm

I keep a bucket in my bedroom and every time I am grateful for something I write it on a slip of paper and put it in the bucket. At the end of the year I take them out and read them. It is cool.

BTW, I listen to books when I exercise too. It is the only way to go.
Lori
Lori recently posted..A Trifecta!My Profile

Faith February 20, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Holly, ask your gym if they have a guest WiFi or if they wouldn’t be opposed to creating one. Love me some House of Cards!!!! 😀

Holly from 300 Pounds Down February 20, 2014 at 5:43 pm

I actually did ask them and they told me that they have an internet connection but they “can’t get corporate” to give them the password!! That’s what they said! I even tweeted planet fitness to see if they might respond but no such luck. Perhaps I am only meant to read on the treadmill lol

Linda Kuil February 20, 2014 at 7:06 pm

I am grateful for the chance to wake up and try it all over again today! Two friends lost their spouses WAY too young the last 6 weeks, and it’s really hit home that tomorrow is NOT guaranteed for us! I’m glad to be alive.

Tara February 24, 2014 at 4:20 pm

I am a huge fan of your blog, and I didn’t realize that CNN story was YOUR BROTHER! I read it last week and thought it was a good story, so it was so funny to read that you are actually his sister!

Great post. These roadblocks are tough. I’ve regained about 30 pounds and am back to trying again. It could always be worse!