Audio Recording–Visualization Technique: The Circle

July 12, 2013 in Uncategorized

Heather C. July 13, 2013 at 3:05 am

I don’t know if I can recommend any “strategies,” per se, but I definitely think you hit the nail on the head when you stated that it’s all about your thoughts. I have to remind myself not to believe everything I think because the devil has very sly ways of getting into my head. Your strategies are consistent and many. That is clearly taking you far in your journey. I believe you will be one of the few who keep the weight off forever. This blog is not only one of YOUR strategies but a strategy and comfort for others like myself as well.

Sandra July 13, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Have you read Geneen Roth’s book Women, Food and God? It’s awesome. Made me think of it.

Sheila July 13, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Thanks for your tip! I like it! Something that has worked for me before is to tell myself “I’ve had that food before, I KNOW what it tastes like and there is no reason to eat it because it won’t taste any different this time than it has in the past, and further more I know it’s NOT good for my body and so the momentary pleasure of eating _______ is not worth the risk to my body.” It doesn’t always work but it has helped me before. 🙂
Sheila recently posted..Vacation Recap with PhotosMy Profile

Sandra July 13, 2013 at 4:15 pm

And I look forward to more audio messages. LOVED it!

Courtney July 13, 2013 at 4:29 pm

I think I can understand why this technique is so successful for you, and I’ll definitely give it a try when I find myself in those situations. The circle seems to create a place where we can acknowledge the draw we have to certain foods or actions, but then in stepping outside of the circle one can assess the situation more objectively. As long as I avoid keeping the outside of the circle as a place where I judge and condemn my struggles inside the circle I think this would be a really positive technique for tackling cravings.

Thanks for sharing!

Paula July 13, 2013 at 7:09 pm

I loved hearing your voice! Sort of rounds out my mental picture of you. Thank you so much for this; you continue to be a blessing in working my way to wellness.

Debbie Harper July 13, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Thank you so much for this audio piece. I definitely am going to try this visualization technique because I have a big problem with cravings & giving into them . I am also a Christian & I feel so defeated because I can’t seem to withstand the cravings. Following your blog has given me hope that I can change, with God’s help.

Stacy July 19, 2013 at 12:48 pm

It was amazing the mental battle I had with myself just trying this out while I listened. I just wanted to jump through the circle and devour the things I had just debated eating for breakfast. The thoughts alone were eye opening. But when you started talking about visualizing Jesus, the struggle started to fade and I felt more calm. It was almost like “wow, he is here, too. I felt at peace with being on the outside because he was there. I’m going to continue this. Very powerful!