Crossfit this week and my Dad’s visit

June 25, 2013 in Uncategorized

My Dad came to visit me this week

He’s 74 years old and I took him to Crossfit

Everything was scaled and modified for him to do at his level

Proving once again that anyone can do Crossfit!

It’s been great for me to be back there

I’ve lost a lot of progress since I quit

I have lost some of the muscle strength I had gained

I could get depressed about it

But I choose instead to stay positive

And look forward to the future

Sometimes we have to try different things

And sometimes we end up revisiting things we’ve tried before

It’s not a race

It’s a journey

And we’ll all get there as long as we keep moving forward!

Here’s my Dad at Crossfit!!

photo-551

Dad with my Crossfit Coach, Diana

photo-552

photo-553

photo-559

photo-554

photo-555

Happy to be back working out with Merrily—this woman inspires and motivates me SO MUCH!!

photo-558

photo-556

Pam June 25, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I would have guessed your dad was 10 or 20 years younger than the 74 years old that you said he in today’s blog. He looks great! I guess he shows us all what keeping a lean, trim, fit body can do for you. I used to get offered a senior discount in stores, and this was when I was in my 40’s. I know I still don’t look any younger than my 62 years, but hopefully NOT too much older than that, like I did when I was morbidly obese.

GO HOLLY’S DAD GO!!
Pam recently posted..InsuranceMy Profile

Losing The Rolls June 25, 2013 at 9:53 pm

How fun that Dad was able to attend one of your workouts. I like the headband. Hey Holly, your legs are looking great! You are the incredible shrinking woman. I would love to do Crossfit someday, but it will have to wait a while. Even with scaling back, I don’t think my body is ready or could do much.
Losing The Rolls recently posted..It worked well last weekMy Profile

Nikki Mohamed June 25, 2013 at 10:17 pm

YAY, Dad!
Nikki Mohamed recently posted..And Now What You’ve All Been Waiting For…..My Profile

Linda Sherwood June 25, 2013 at 11:36 pm

You look tiny next to your dad!
Linda Sherwood recently posted..Troubling TuesdayMy Profile

Linda Kuil June 26, 2013 at 12:13 am

LOVE that rowing machine!!!!

joy June 26, 2013 at 5:06 am

Your Dad rocks!! He looks in good shape and looks a lot younger πŸ™‚ I am happy to hear you are back at Crossfit and your are right it is a journey!
joy recently posted..One down two to go πŸ™‚My Profile

annamarie June 26, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Absolutely awesome with your dad, he looks fantastic as also you too.

And yes it is and always will be a journey.

Many hugs
annamarie recently posted..Time waits for no one………My Profile

sunnydayz June 26, 2013 at 3:42 pm

I LOVE that you and your Dad can work out together now! AWESOME! πŸ˜€
sunnydayz recently posted..No ExcusesMy Profile

Beth June 27, 2013 at 6:28 pm

I would love to take my dad to CrossFit sometime!!
Beth recently posted..Mini-goal ReachedMy Profile