Are You Worn Out?

June 29, 2013 in Uncategorized

I think the world underestimates the struggle that losing weight can be

Perhaps for some it’s not

But for many out there–it’s become their entire world

Trying

Restarting

Attempting yet again

And then there’s the process

The work

The stalls

The Plateaus

The screw ups

For many food is a pull that goes far beyond anything they dreamed it would be

And then there is the attachment we put on food

It’s embedded in our society

So when we change the way we eat

Even the people around us often feel affected by it

It’s a tangled web at times

Then there is the success

And within that we have to learn how to live in a new body

If we finally make it across that bridge

For so many of us the weight came on for more reasons than simple calories

It came through loss and divorce

It came from losing people

It came from stress and depression

Maybe it came through abuse

But however it got there–it’s on us now

Weighing us down more than physically

The weight loss journey can be difficult and tiring

And sometimes

You just feel WORN

Tired

And hopeless

Wondering if there ever really will be a day you see fruit from your labor

Wondering if your body can bounce back after all these years

If there really is any chance at redemption

I’ve been there

Felt all those things

And I can tell you

That after divorce

Losing my job

Having my house flood

Death of my mother and Nana

Living life alone as a single mother

I felt worn

At 417 pounds, I never thought my body could redeem itself

I’ve felt tired and worn out

I’ve given up completely

And lost all hope

But now I know the truth

And the truth is this

No matter how worn out and broken you feel

No matter how many shattered pieces your life may be broken into

It can be put together

As long as you’re still on this earth—there is time

There is a chance

You’re never too far gone

You may feel worn out

But there is a sunrise around that corner

I love this song on the radio right now

Because it clearly shows how I’ve felt many days in my life

But the best part is in the end

We see redemption

We see hope

And we find rest from the worn out life we’ve lived

Remember that

And know you will find rest

You can make it through this

And hope is waiting for you

Losing The Rolls June 29, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Great post Holly and always nice to get a push to keep hope alive. Have a great rest of your weekend.
Losing The Rolls recently posted..It worked well last weekMy Profile

Loretta June 30, 2013 at 12:41 am

“As long as you’re still on this earth—there is time
There is a chance”

Okay, you got me. In tears here. Yes, this IS my biggest battle lately. Feeling like it’s too little, too late. Just when I think I’ve conquered those lies, something happens and they pop up, like weeds I thought I had gotten rid of.

Thank you for a wonderfully hopefully and encouraging post. I truly appreciate that.
Loretta recently posted..JUNE 28th Compassion & RespectMy Profile

Etta Mitchell June 30, 2013 at 1:20 am

Wow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this. I have lost 80 pds, August 2011 to May 2012. Then my mother died and I gained 30 back. I am fighting this slide. It feels so slippery. Thank you for encouraging everyone. I am worn, but it is not too late!

Christine June 30, 2013 at 1:51 am

I am feeling worn out. I feel like I am working so hard to lose weight and not just to look good but so I can get control of my diabetes. I have surgery coming up and it is important for it to be under control. I’m just tired.
Christine recently posted..pushing myself too farMy Profile

Jenny June 30, 2013 at 2:08 am

Thank you for posting this. It’s exactly what I needed to hear. I feel stuck in old habits and completely overwhelmed with my life right now.

Ren June 30, 2013 at 3:50 am

Oh, this helped today.:
Ren recently posted..Faith on fire.My Profile

Stacy June 30, 2013 at 5:19 am

This was so beautifully written!! Oh how I know this struggle. I have lost 240 pounds and now struggle to maintain and adjust to this body! But the fight is well worth it and important is not to let others talk you out of what you have accomplished. From 391 to 150.

Betty Taylor June 30, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Great motivational post from someone who has been there!
Betty Taylor recently posted..Is Sugar Killing Us? Sweet Suicide!!!My Profile

Cindy June 30, 2013 at 8:27 pm

I am so there! I lost 72 pounds over 10 years ago and kept it off for 5 years, went back to eating sugar and put it back on. I keep reading your blog posts and am encouraged with your progress but I’ve not got myself quite motivated to get back to MFP and the gym. I am so exhausted from the yo-yo dieting and knowing the effort it takes to lose this 72 pounds once again. Boy, does that sound like a pity party or what!

Nicola July 1, 2013 at 12:07 am

So true Holly, as long as we keep trying we will get to where we want to be! Never give up, never surrender 🙂

annamarie July 1, 2013 at 1:40 am

As always a beautiful post. And also well needed.

Sally July 1, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I have to admit that after losing 100 lbs and regaining 60 by eating sugar, I feel like a failure. It helps me to read your optimistic and motivational blog to help me realize I can get this off again and that I’m not alone in this. It helps to hear someone else say that sugar is an addiction because that’s hoe it feels to me too.

I don’t have 240 lbs to lose. I have ‘only’ 60. I’ve done it before and I can do it again. I’ve just had to accept that I cannot eat sugar and stay slim. I just can’t. Now that I’ve been off it 2 weeks, I’ve lost 6 lbs. so I’m on my way. Again.

sunnydayz July 3, 2013 at 6:30 pm

What a beautiful, inspirational post. Thank you.
sunnydayz recently posted..Long Weekend 🙂My Profile

Karen July 4, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Thank you for such encouraging words. I recently started my weight loss journey and was doing good until things started to fall away as challenges hit me. I started to regain and depression became my enemy. My answer? To eat. I’ve re-gained part of my loss, but after reading this post I am encouraged. As long as I’m alive there’s still time to fight for myself. You are a gem that shines bright in the world!
Karen recently posted..Reasons For RejectionMy Profile

Melissa @ Pass Go and Be Below July 27, 2013 at 9:03 pm

i’m feeling really worn out i’m 2 1/1 years post op and i’m stuck between 189 and 199 lbs due to some outside health issues. i need a restart. i’ve got this huge challenge of not letting this surgery being a a failure and yet…i feel like one. i’ve regained, but i want to stop the trend. i want to pull my pants back up and get back on the on the road to losing, to being a good WLS patient, to knowing that I can take the challenges by horn and do it. I don’t feel like I can. I’m having one of those down days….and I feel it
Melissa @ Pass Go and Be Below recently posted..Vacation Day #1: Baking AdventuresMy Profile