Pictures of me across 3 Mays

May 2013 (Today)

photo-424

photo-425

Well we are coming up on my almost 2 year anniversary of starting this journey

I was in a size 34/36 pants

A size 5X

And today for the first time in literally decades

I bought a size 14

I just about wanted to cry

And not because of the number on the dress

But because today I crossed my legs

Walked up and down stairs

Sat in a chair without worrying if I would break it

I played baseball with my son

Jump rope with my daughter

And I got down on my knees to clean out the tub

This is what it’s all about

It’s about LIFE

BEING ALIVE

Even if it’s just cleaning the toilet without back pain!!!!

It was never the size of the dress

But the size of my pain

And for the first time in a long time

I feel really free

Staci May 14, 2013 at 4:01 am

You look gorgeous, Holly!!!
Staci recently posted..Don’t Forget Your PillsMy Profile

Cindy May 14, 2013 at 4:09 am

So inspiring, Holly!!!
Cindy recently posted..No paragraph breaks…ugh!My Profile

Karin Canazzi May 14, 2013 at 6:01 am

You need to remember that you have come a long way from where you were and just not weight wise! So proud of you and happy to see you becoming the woman you were meant to be.

tucking_fwit May 14, 2013 at 6:24 am

One very pretty lady! It’s hard even to reconcile the pics, even from just looking at your face.

Leigh Costa May 14, 2013 at 9:41 am

Wow! Just WOW! You are amazing:)
Leigh Costa recently posted..The Chocolate Race 2013My Profile

FeeIsMe May 14, 2013 at 10:06 am

Beautiful!

Audrey May 14, 2013 at 10:45 am

You look amazing!! I too haver been on this journey and I have lost 137lbs. No one understands it when you tell them it’s not about the size, but about how well you can do certain things you never have before. So proud of you!! Keep up the great work!! And keep encouraging others.

Dee May 14, 2013 at 11:05 am

You are truly amazing!

Sara Minck May 14, 2013 at 11:14 am

Good morning! I am sure you hear this all the time but I need to tell you that that it seems sometimes your thoughts are exactly what is going on in my world. I look forward every time I get the notification that i have an email from u. I am just 4 months post op and have lost 64#. The hardest part of this whole journey is the mental game. I seem to be my own worst enemy. Hopefully someday i will accept this new me. I just want u to know you are a huge inspiration to me. I look forward to hopefully getting to know you and hopefully becoming friends. Blessings to u!

Tina May 14, 2013 at 11:34 am

Amen! It is the freedom that feels so great. I keep thinking it is like a rebirth…I was literally killing myself slowly, suffering every day. Now I feel reborn and I have God to thank for it all!
Tina recently posted..NSV Monday!My Profile

Jane t. May 14, 2013 at 11:39 am

Incredible! Amazing grace…:)

Samantha @ 24to30 May 14, 2013 at 11:41 am

You look amazing and you are SO inspiring!
Samantha @ 24to30 recently posted..Mother’s Day From the Perspective of a Mom and Step-MomMy Profile

Courtney May 14, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Looking at the pictures and reading what you wrote I can’t help but think how the you as I recognize you today (both physically and personality-wise) was trapped two years ago. Certainly it was a physical prison, but I also think it was a mental prison. It makes me so happy to see you experiencing freedom, and I have hope that whatever other chains might be holding you back still will be broken as well! 🙂
Courtney recently posted..It’s Time!My Profile

Joan May 14, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Just gorgeous!

annamarie May 14, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Words can not describe the beauty that shines through your smile. Just looking at your face, you can see through each picture the freedom/happiness that you now have. I can’t even imagine how it must feel. I pray that someday I may share that freedom with you.

Thank you so much for sharing and being such an inspiration to so many including me.

May God continue to bless you and your family
annamarie recently posted..Need to get back to reality againMy Profile

jennxaz May 14, 2013 at 12:54 pm

You look amazing..its the little things, right? BIG HUGS()

Tracy @ My Tiny Tank.net May 14, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Holly you are so lovely! thank you for sharing your inspiring pictures! Your daily blogging has helped me tremendously. I need to take a bit of your inspiration and keep up my daily blogging. HAPPY MAY!!
Tracy @ My Tiny Tank.net recently posted..Shake’n it Up a BitMy Profile

Trish @I_am_Succeeding May 14, 2013 at 2:36 pm

You are rockin’ gorgeous!!

I am sooo proud of you.
Trish @I_am_Succeeding recently posted..What A Difference!My Profile

Linda May 14, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Holly,
You look incredible! Reading your post today brought tears of happiness to my eyes!!

Heather C. May 14, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Welcome home & I hope you have some peace of mind! Thank you for sharing the intimate details of your life with me & everyone else to read. Your courage, strength and love comes from the inside. Don’t let anyone (most especially yourself) tell you otherwise! God Bless You Holly.

Doing A 180 May 14, 2013 at 3:04 pm

So inspiring!!

Pam May 14, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Freedom from the constraints of obesity is wonderful! Not only are we no longer constrained by our size, we aren’t limited by our lack of energy. I think that’s the BEST part about losing weight. Sure, I also got a whole lot healthier and may live longer….but to be able to do anything and go anywhere and have the energy to do it, is truly GRAND! You look gorgeous!!
Pam recently posted..Busy Mother’s DayMy Profile

Julie May 14, 2013 at 4:11 pm

I LOVE this post. Congratulations! You are free!

Faith May 14, 2013 at 4:15 pm

So so beautiful! <3

Gio C. May 14, 2013 at 6:13 pm

I have just recently started reading your blog and you are a wonderful writer and such an inspiration to me. As a single mom I can really relate to you! I just started my journey and in the process of getting approved for WLS. Congrats on all your accomplishments!
Gio C. recently posted..NSV’sMy Profile

Vertical Mom May 14, 2013 at 7:01 pm

GIRL! You look AMAZING! Good job…GOOD JOB! I have been reflecting on Proverbs 27:7 and this is a perfect picture. You are beautiful 🙂 Keep going, Holly…keep going.
Vertical Mom recently posted..An Important DistinctionMy Profile

Kristy May 14, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I like you honestly sharing the good days and the bad days. It makes you more real. Thanks for your honesty. You are inspiring! You have worked so hard. Great you are enjoying new freedoms. The journey continues…

linda May 14, 2013 at 11:26 pm

AMAZING!!!!!

Cindy May 15, 2013 at 12:07 am

Whoo Hoo and Yippee!!! You are amazing:)

suzanne May 15, 2013 at 12:33 am

You are inspiring!! Never forget that we all go through rough patches.

Losing The Rolls May 15, 2013 at 2:22 am

Some people cannot relate to your before but many can. I am living it now and just about the same size as your start. I can identify with the struggles that you have overcame. To hear you speak about crossing your legs, jumping rope and getting on your knees gives me hope. These are things I would like to do someday too.

Holly, you are amazing and so BEAUTIFUL. Your smile can brighten anyone’s day. Congratulations on your success. Enjoy every minute.
Losing The Rolls recently posted..Classic MistakeMy Profile

Lorenda May 15, 2013 at 4:33 am

You look great in the dress!!

Melissa May 18, 2013 at 3:18 am

Inspiring. Great job.
Melissa recently posted..5kMy Profile

MandaPanda May 20, 2013 at 1:37 pm

It’s never about the actual sizes…it’s about what those sizes REPRESENT! The day I could buy clothes at a regular store without having to resort to Lane Bryant, I was ecstatic. Not because of all the more choices or the fact that they’re cheaper or the fact that I could try things on and find things that actually fit, it was because I felt NORMAL. And when you haven’t felt normal in such a long time, being able to buy a size 16 at any store you go into…it’s truly liberating!
MandaPanda recently posted..I LiedMy Profile

Cathy Jones May 23, 2013 at 6:22 pm

You are a shining star!

Alicia@ eco friend;ly homemaking May 28, 2013 at 3:00 am

I agree you look awesome and congratulations on your amazing journey!!