Magazine Article and Updated Pictures (a size change!)

May 29, 2013 in Uncategorized

Awhile back I got a comment on this blog

From Kim Lyons

She is a former trainer on NBC’s hit show, The Biggest Loser

And Dr Phil’s Ultimate Weight Loss Challenge

I knew exactly who she was right away

Because I watched that season of the Biggest Loser

Here’s a clip of her on the show “The Doctors”

I’ll be honest

When I saw this comment

I thought to myself….hmmmm….that can’t be HER

Here is the comment that was left on my “About Me” page

Kim Lyons January 7, 2013 at 2:13 am [edit]

Hi Holly,
Can you please contact me! I would like to interview you for my GNC column. I’m so proud of your success and would love to hear more about your story.
My best,
Kim Lyons

I thought…WOW…. Kim Lyons contacted me!

But I hesitated to contact her back

Was it really HER?

The personal trainer I had seen on that season of Biggest Loser?

But  guess what??

It was the real deal!!

That was back in January and this morning

I woke up to a text message from a high school friend

Saying her father was in the break room at work

Picked up Muscle and Body Magazine

And I was in it!!!!

WOW

I couldn’t believe it!!

A real magazine

Kind of crazy, huh???

photo-423

You can read it online here if you’re interested

Muscle and Body Article Online

Honestly I have to say

I didn’t feel quite worthy enough to be in

A magazine titled MUSCLE and body

Maybe because my arms still look like bat wings

My stomach hangs down

My boobs only remain where they belong thanks to the power

Of Spanx making bras!!! (who knew???)

But the bottom line is this

We have come a long way since the first post

Since the day I wondered if I could even lose 5 pounds

And it’s so hard for me to believe

That we can accomplish things

Even 30 seconds at a time

If we just have faith

And don’t give up on ourselves

Because I’m not always “up”

I’m not always feeling like a winner

But I’ve learned that it’s ok

Because we all get that way sometimes

We struggle

We fall

We regroup

And we rise again!!!!!

At the time the article was written  I’d lost 220 pounds

And currently I’ve lost 237

Now I am still having a love/hate relationship with my arms

If you shove your arms back in just the right way

And carefully slide them forward

You can kind of hide your arm fat

It’s tricky but it can be done!!!

Well….at least some of it 🙂

I’ve noticed that while I continue to lose weight

Some areas of my body are determined to let the fat hang

My arms being one of those areas

My arms are so much smaller now

But I don’t feel I have muscle there or that it is toned

And for someone who was just featured in a Muscle magazine

That is unacceptable!!!! 😉

All this has made me rethink my decision to abandon Crossfit

Because when I was going there, I was getting stronger

And when I am struggling to lift that big dog food bag from Sam’s Club

And the case of water

I know it might be time….to go back to Crossfit

But whatever we do

Wherever we go

We just have to remember one thing

NEVER LOSE HOPE

Because if I can go from a size 34/36

200VictoryFinalRun.047

photo-91

may2013.001

To a size 14 in less than 2 years

Then miracles are alive and well on planet Earth

Because here’s a miracle for you

Yesterday I walked into Ann Taylor

And bought a size 14 right off the rack

My eyes look a little funky in this pic (sorry)

I need to wear the spanx that go down to your knee

Because I feel like you can see the cellulite on my thighs through the pants

(Haven’t picked out the shoes for this outfit yet…any suggestions?)

photo-444

But the blouse and jacket were a size LARGE

LARGE !!!!!

Not 1X or XL

BUT LARGE

photo-445

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!

And the point is….

I did it

I made it

I’m out of the plus size section

And I’m shopping in the regular clothing section!

I’m not done yet

But one thing I know

Miracles can happen

And not just for me

FOR US ALL!!!

Amanda May 29, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Thank you for blogging! this is such an encouragement to me!

Leigh Costa May 29, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Awesome Holly! Congratulations. You totally deserve to be in that magazine. You have worked just as hard as anyone else featured in it! You look gorgeous as ever! My suggestion for the shoes, nude colored pumps or sandals. Goes with everything!
Leigh Costa recently posted..The post about students; past and presentMy Profile

Mari May 29, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Yay for you! Being interviewed by Kim Lyons and being in that magazine is a big deal!
You are an inspiration for sure.
Mari recently posted..Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

Amber May 29, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Yes, orange strappy/sexy heels! 🙂

And you are such an inspiration! xoxo

Staci May 29, 2013 at 1:23 pm

You look amazing in that black and white dress!!!
Staci recently posted..Rich People Use Reynold’s WrapMy Profile

MyFatPublicSecrets May 29, 2013 at 1:24 pm

I <3 Holly! You go girl!!!!!!!! Absolutlely HOT mama. As for the shoes, I'd go with white sandals or strappy summer (small) platform type shoes hahaahaha does that even make sense? LOL I'm so proud of you. LOOK that is YOU!!!! YOU HOLLY!!!!! AHHHH-Mazing! Be proud girlfriend!

Kelly May 29, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Holly-you go girl! That’s what I’m talking about!

Steph May 29, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Super cute! Can you come be my stylist??

Samantha @ 24to30 May 29, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Congrats on the magazine and the smaller size! You are so awesome and motivating. They just recently opened a Crossfit place right around the corner from me and I want to go, but A. I’m scared and B. I hear it’s expensive. I would go with orange sandals if you can find some, or maybe some gold strappy sandals.
Samantha @ 24to30 recently posted..Teaching Kids Healthy Eating Through GardeningMy Profile

Lady Amanda May 29, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Love the new pics! AWESOME!!! I can’t believe the even when you have tennis shoes on Charlotte is almost up to your shoulders! She is really growing! Can’t wait to see all of the new pics from Crossfit! 🙂

Jen B May 29, 2013 at 2:09 pm

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!

Depending on how dressy you want the outfit, I would go with nude heels (maybe kitten heels), or a neutral strappy sandal!

Tess May 29, 2013 at 2:14 pm

YAAAAAY!!! Such a cute outfit!! Isn’t it great, buying things off the rack and feeling confident it’ll FIT?! Super great job!! And congrats on that article, what an inspiration you are! Love ya to bits!! <3

Joan May 29, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Totally fantastic!

Heather C. May 29, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I’m drinking the shakes you recommended & am hoping that I too can go into a store and know that a size “L” will fit me off the rack.

You are also an amazing friend to Krystal, and ‘paying it forward’ will always come back to you in remarkable ways. God bless you!

Trish @I_am_Succeeding May 29, 2013 at 2:59 pm

I am so proud of you and am so so very inspired following your journey!
Trish @I_am_Succeeding recently posted..VIDEO: UpdateMy Profile

Sheila May 29, 2013 at 3:12 pm

You look gorgeous! I’m struggling with the loose skin etc. also, but haven’t decided yes or no to plastics. I love your cute outfits, and I would go with a gold flat sandal. I think heels should either be worn with pants that extend long or a cute look is capris and heels. And while these pants could be rolled up to be capris then you lose the cute orange cuff. So go with flats!
Sheila recently posted..What I Ate Today (Recipe Too!)My Profile

Rhonda May 29, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Congrats on the magazine write-up.. so proud of you and you are just doing fabulous. The new outfit looks great (I’m thinking strappy light brown sandals) and I love that new pic of you in the black and white print dress. I know what you mean about arm flab… I have it and loathe it… but even worse is my thighs. The loose skin there drives me nuts. I’m seriously considering having surgery at some point. I figure if it bothers me every dinig dong day that it is something that I should fix. Sending warmest wishes to you from the rainy Oregon Coast, Rhonda

Lori May 29, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Wow! Congratulations to you all the way around.
Lori
Lori recently posted..Hello, Again!My Profile

Pam May 29, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Love the orange! I’m a huge fan of orange–as evidenced by how much of that color is in my closet! I love fitting into a Large–not even an EXTRA Large!!! I was always at the top size–5X. A lot of clothes didn’t come as large as 5X, they only went to 4X, and I remember losing 40 pounds and being so thrilled when I could buy all those pretty things (from the mail-order catalog) that only went up to 4X–cause now they fit! So to be able to wear a LARGE, and not even need the Extra Large anymore, means a lot to me. There’s a size beyond what fits me–even in the regular size clothing!
Pam recently posted..No-Guilt DaysMy Profile

suzanne May 29, 2013 at 3:57 pm

You look fabulous!! And yes you totally belong in that magazine 🙂
suzanne recently posted..A strange day!My Profile

Alesha May 29, 2013 at 4:25 pm

You go girl!!! Congrats on the magazine…that is wonderful! You are such an inspiration to so many people! Love love love the outfit! Orange is a great color and looks good on you! Good luck finding shoes…such fun to put together an outfit. Especially a smaller size!!! WHOO HOO!!

Faith May 29, 2013 at 5:00 pm

That is awesome, Holly 🙂 Im so proud of you and I think that being in that magazine is going to be an inspiration to anyone who picks it up and reads it.
I was looking at your photo of the new outfit (love it btw), is the hemline of the pants “rollable”? Say into capris? It was just a thought I had because I think that style looks adorable with strappy heels. I second that nude colored shoes go with just about everything but I think the commenter who suggested some strappy gold heels was spot on. It will bring out the gold in your necklace and it’s kinda spicy looking! Whatever you decide to pair it with will look great because you look awesome in all of your photos. 🙂

Sandi May 29, 2013 at 5:49 pm

You look beautiful Holly! Congrats on the magazine article, you deserve it! I remember the first time I could buy pants in the regular size section, I got so emotional I almost cried in the middle of Kohls 🙂

Jane t. May 29, 2013 at 5:56 pm

You look so cut in both outfits. I think a flatter shoe would look best with that length pant. What about some “dressy” white flip flop style sandals. I agree also that metallic gold would be pretty.

Jane t. May 29, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Ah, geez..I meant to say “cute”, not cut, lol.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down May 29, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Hey if I look “cut” that’s awesome too!!!!! ROFL

Denise May 29, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Congratulations. You do deserve to be in that magazine. Did you actually get to talk to Kim or an assistant. You are such an insporation to everyone. I wholeheartedly agree with you going back to Crossfit. You will get cut by going there. Then you will have the guns to rock any look.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down May 30, 2013 at 9:58 am

Thanks!! And I actually talked to Kim on the phone and she even texted me afterwards!! Plus she’s on twitter. It was awesome!

annamarie May 29, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Congrats with you being featured in the magazine. How wonderful is that.
You look absolutely beautiful. All the suggests above are great. A little nude heel to dress it up, or casual with a pair of sandles. No matter what your inside is shining outward and you have worked so hard for all of this. Enhance the moment, you deserve it.

BTW I really like the white and black dress, real sassy.
annamarie recently posted..Where did my determination go???????My Profile

sandie May 29, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Way to go I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you and so happy FOR YOU! sandie
sandie recently posted..Wednesday HodgepodgeMy Profile

Joy May 29, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Congrats on the article!! That is one my dreams is to be in shape magazine once I reach my goal weigh :). You look fabulous in that black and white dress :). Looking very skinny mini :).
Joy recently posted..Racing with 8500 other RunnersMy Profile

Danna May 29, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Bless your heart you do to deserve to be in that magazine! What you have accomplished is nothing short of heroic and don’t you ever forget that! You’re a role model to more than just your children. Here’s to continued success!

Kelly @CurvyFitGirl May 30, 2013 at 12:25 am

You deserve all the wonderful things that are coming your way, Holly! If it means going back to CrossFit, then go. Up to you. 🙂
Kelly @CurvyFitGirl recently posted..Nesting.My Profile

Cindy May 30, 2013 at 1:33 am

Congratulations!!!! You have done a marvelous job and it is so exciting to see you reach your goal. You are truly an inspiration and who knows who you will encourage by the magazine article!! I am sure that not everyone who reads it is at their correct body weight and muscular!

Lisa May 30, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Congratulations!! You deserve every bit of attention and accolades.

I personally know what a journey this is. I was 385 4 years ago, now I’m about 170. You are brave beyond my imagining. I could not have put my journey on line. Go YOU!!!

Linda May 30, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Sometimes words escape me – but all I will say is you are truly incredible!!

Carrie May 30, 2013 at 7:06 pm
Shay May 30, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Oh, you are definitely worthy!! Congrats, and the new pic–WOW!! If you ever want to dish about workouts, shoot me an e-mail. I’m not a personal trainer and I don’t even work in the fitness field, but I love working out and have tons of suggestions that I give my friends when they ask for advice about what they should do to mix it up and keep it fun. (I only mentioned this b/c you said you were unsure about going back to Crossfit–which I do happen to think is an AWESOME workout!) Anyway, feel free to shoot me a line–I love talking workouts. 🙂 And everything else. I’m a blabbermouth, if you can’t tell. Haha
Shay recently posted..Family PictureMy Profile

Anna May 30, 2013 at 11:06 pm

You are such an inspiration. I am a VSG post op as well, I orginally had Lap Band surgery but it slipped and I was forced to revise. I love my sleeve so much more, but it has been a struggle (much greater the second time around). I have lost 55 lbs total (this time around, 68 since my pre Lap Band weight) in 19 weeks. I have 46 lbs to go and I feel like I will never get there. You have done an incredible job, I am so impressed with the weight you have lost in such a short time. I am also so impressed with your honesty and willingness to keep it real. I just wanted to let you know that you inspired me to kick it back into high gear and take my weight loss more seriously. I had gotten so lax and had been just getting by. Something you wrote really got me thinking. So thank you!

Jane May 31, 2013 at 1:25 am

Great Post. Very inspiring. Cute new cloths and just FYI…Zulily has a HUGE spanx sale today. I think it goes for three days.

Paula May 31, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Yay!!! I am so excited for you…

Sue June 11, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Wow! I am so inspired by you! Thank you for sharing your journey! Wow! Nice! You are beautiful.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 12, 2013 at 3:24 am

Thank you Sue!

Sheryl C. July 31, 2013 at 2:57 am

You know what I wear under white pants to hide my cellulite? I wear black workout capris. It’s kind of hot during a Texas summer, but otherwise, it works great!
Sheryl C. recently posted..Master Hospital VisitorMy Profile

Beth March 30, 2016 at 4:37 pm

Im so happy I found your blog. Im in the middle of my weight loss, I like you started out at a very heavy weight (510 pounds) Im down 130 pounds and still going. It’s hard to find other people like myself who start at such a high weight. Thank you for the inspiration on the days I need it most.