10 Miracles

May 3, 2013 in Uncategorized

10 Miracles happened to me last week!

Crazy…I know!!

1.  Fit in that small space between the bleachers at kids Karate practice!!

photo-341

I was even able to bend my leg!!! That NEVER would have happened 225 pounds ago!

photo-342

2.  Fit between 2 very tightly parked cars (AGAIN!)….Yes this is getting downright fun.

I used to live in fear of this.  Now I get excited when I see a car parked too close to me because it just means another miracle!!

photo-351

3.  Built a fort with my kids in their room and…

I GOT IN IT!!!!!

If this is not a miracle…then I don’t know what is.

I FIT IN THE FORT !!

My kids were so excited!!!!!

photo-353

4.  I wore my seatbelt in the car!

I’ve been able to do this for quite awhile but it NEVER stops being an absolute miracle!

I could not wear a seatbelt for almost 7 years!

photo-354

5.  Took my kids to the movies to see GI Joe!  And it didn’t matter that we only had 5 minutes to spare

I could squeeze in pretty much anywhere

Before we would have to go VERY early to make sure we could find two seats for me to fit in on the end of a row

AND if the arm did not go up between the seats then that would not even work

But now we cruise in like it’s no big deal!!!!!

photo-357

6.  I set up the pool for my children and had a water balloon fight!

I can’t even begin to describe how IMPOSSIBLE it would ever have been for me to fix the pool in the backyard up for my children

Even with help, I would not have been able to do one bit of it because it takes way too much physical exertion and strength

Even filling up water balloons and tying them off takes energy, strength and effort that I did not have at over 400 pounds.

That has all changed !!!!!!

photo-358

photo-359

photo-361

7.   Cleaned out my entire closet! And that was YEARS worth of plus size clothes I no longer need

I kept a few items that I will never get rid of because I want to remember where I started and how far I have come.

I had so many clothes in my closet that I can no longer wear it was practically empty by the time I was done.

My daughter, Savannah, helped me and it was a big job.

The exact kind of thing that takes strength, stamina and energy I did not have before losing weight

photo-362

photo-363

8.  Fit into an XL shirt!

After we cleaned out the closet, we took the clothes to Goodwill

I even gave away my most beloved blouse from Catherine’s.  I wore this blouse so many times because it always made me feel comfortable.

It is hard to feel comfortable and confident in your clothes when you struggle with your weight but this blouse always made me feel that way.

I don’t know why–it just did.

It was a 5X and I had this blouse for years but it was time to let it go to another home.

I never thought I would see the day that I would go from a 5X to an XL

It’s surreal

I went to visit my blouse at Goodwill a few days later.  Part of me felt like buying it back b/c I wore it for so many years

But I don’t need it anymore.  It’s time to say goodbye 🙂

photo-364

photo-365

And now that I’ve said goodbye to the 5X blouse,  I bought an XL blouse

photo-366         photo-368

9.  Fit in a booth…in the MIDDLE between both of my kids!

photo-394

10.  Laid on my stomach!  I cannot even begin to describe how impossible this would have been before.

You don’t lay on your stomach when you’re over 400 pounds because it’s virtually impossible

Now I can lay on my stomach with no problems and no pain.

photo-391

The truth is this

Every day is a miracle

Everything from waking up in a bed instead of a recliner

To walking to the mailbox without effort

Every SINGLE day of my life is one miracle after another

And I will never take anything for granted again!

Katy May 3, 2013 at 10:27 am

This is wonderful!! I smiled at each one! So happy for you!! You’ve got some shopping to do girl!! Yay!!!

Emma May 3, 2013 at 10:33 am

I too kept 1 item of clothing … 1 giant pair of jeans … just for a nice little reminder.

Also 1 question, do you have any of what I call fat habits? Like pulling the car seat back and forward when you get in and out? ha ha I have no need to but I still do it. Also tieing your shoes a certain way or anything?

Isn’t it funny how we appreciate the small things when we can’t do them for so long?

Keep up the great work 🙂

Heidi May 3, 2013 at 10:45 am

You are such an inspiration for me, not just for your weight loss, but for your general attitude towards life. 🙂 I appreciate you sharing your tough times and thoughts as well as your victories. May God continue to bless you and your family. 🙂

jennxaz May 3, 2013 at 11:40 am

So good to celebrate the NSV’s everyday I see something I couldn’t or wouldn’t do before and I celebrate this weight loss! I don’t ever want to take it for granted!

Samantha @ 24 to 30 May 3, 2013 at 11:42 am

You look SO young. Like young enough to be their sister in some of these pictures! Way to go 🙂
Samantha @ 24 to 30 recently posted..NSV: Fitting Down The SlideMy Profile

Lynne May 3, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Brilliant and Beautiful!

Courtney May 3, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I agree with Samantha! When I saw that last picture I thought, “well that’s nice that Savannah has her friend over, but shouldn’t Holly be in this picture showing off her stomach-laying skills?” You’re a sneaky woman Holly. 😉
Courtney recently posted..CSA’s & Seasonal EatingMy Profile

Carrie May 3, 2013 at 12:44 pm

YOU are a miracle.

You’re love shines. Way to go, sister!
Carrie recently posted..I have inspired someone of God knows what and oh, look…there’s my foot.My Profile

Misty May 3, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Cherish all those miracles… I think it’s so easy to be excited for them and then slowly things happen and we take them for granted again. (hence the yo-yo experience). I think you are awesome btw.
Misty recently posted..I got a case of the sickiesMy Profile

Valerie May 3, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Seeing the “Mother of all Things” shirt in your closet made me smile. Your kids are so lucky to have such a wonderful mother. God bless you and your family, Holly.

Gail Blain Prather May 3, 2013 at 1:40 pm

ONGRATULATIONS!! I’ve lived some of those miracles being down 1/2 my body weight — what a feeling!!

Blessings!
Gail
Gail Blain Prather recently posted..Orange-Pecan SalmonMy Profile

Paula May 3, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Yay.. a virtual celebration! Congratulations to you, and praise God for His abiding faithfulness.

Mimi @ Irresistible Icing May 3, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Congrats Holly! I feel so happy for you. I can truly appreciate these miracles. Until you’ve been really overweight you don’t realize how much just the “little” things in life become so difficult. It’s amazing to actually LIVE again! Keep up the great work!
Mimi @ Irresistible Icing recently posted..The Invisible ElephantMy Profile

Rhonda W May 3, 2013 at 2:28 pm

I think it is great that you like it when people park too close. That drives me crazy! lol I’m always worried my car doors will get banged up. Thanks for sharing the miracles.. xoxo

Barbara May 3, 2013 at 2:28 pm

YOU, Holly, are an amazing woman and I love reading everything you write!

Alisha May 3, 2013 at 2:37 pm

since losing 145 pounds. I know exactly what you mean about miracles every day. Things that I’m amazing that I can do, or how I feel. I recently moved to the 5th floor of an apartment building, and walked up the stairs, and my son was out of breath and I wasn’t!! 🙂

Sheila May 3, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Okay I love everything about this post. I love what you have accomplished and I love that you are again enjoying the little things in life that “most” people take for granted. I love that you put pictures to your “list” and I love that you visited your blouse at goodwill but let it go. And I love that you celebrated letting it go with buying a new blouse. Thanks for the smile today!
Sheila recently posted..2.5 Years Ago TodayMy Profile

Karen P May 3, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Totally awesome, Holly. You look so happy. I had to laugh- I’m am the same way- the kids are swimming and I’m wearing a sweatshirt. 🙂 Love it.

Great NSV’s and motivation for yourself and to others to get to those places. Cheering you on for the next steps. Love your progress photos.
Karen P recently posted..15 month check-in for weight maintenance and 2 years food sobriety!My Profile

Tasha May 3, 2013 at 3:19 pm

LOVE this post!!! My favorite miracle was when you built a fort with your kids and were able to get in!

I loved so much about this post… 🙂

Kristy May 3, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I have been reading your blog for a few months now, and I just wanted to tell you, that I think you are amazing and beautiful.. I am so happy for you. I need to find the strength to lose weight. I need to loose about 90 lbs. I want to run and play with my kids, but I hide to often. You are an inspiration, thank You for sharing!

annamarie May 3, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Congrats Holly

These are such wonderful acheivements, even if others may think that they are small ones.

For me, one of my goals is to be able to tie my sneakers in the middle as oppose having the tie on the side. Sounds silly but that is one of my goals. After losing 60 pounds so far, my tie is getting close, someday I will get there.

Love your posts, thanks so much for sharing.

Many hugs,
annamarie recently posted..Stop DreamingMy Profile

Caron May 3, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I believe in miracles. I loved hearing about yours. 🙂
Caron recently posted..The Best Laid Plans…My Profile

Faith May 3, 2013 at 5:51 pm

My face hurts from smiling so much through this post. 🙂

Sydnie@life encouraged May 3, 2013 at 6:16 pm

You look amazing! You should be so proud of yourself.

Fee May 3, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Woo Hoo!

Karin Canazzi May 3, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Lose all made me smile!
Focus on all those miracles and the sadness is lightened.
k

Heather C. May 3, 2013 at 8:08 pm

and you put yourself “out there” and had coffee with the preacher (aka “yard”) man…..we want a pic of that too! *ha ha ha ha!!* Ok- I’ll be SUPER patient ;O) Happy Weekend Holly! May more miracles come your way because you have E-A-R-N-E-D every single one of them.

melanie May 3, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Thank you for sharing this. You have worked so hard to get where you are and you have earned all of your victories!!!
I also need to thank you for the inspiration you provide to me, I am pre-surg- waiting for insurance approval. I have been reading your archive and I just want you to know that you have helped me alot! Thank you!

Cheri May 3, 2013 at 11:13 pm

So happy for you Holly. Thanks for the reminder to be always grateful. xo

Pam May 4, 2013 at 12:09 am

Wonderful Holly. I never want to forget the miracle of fitting into the world again and having energy to spare!!!

Staci May 4, 2013 at 4:34 am

I notice in the parked cars pic that your pants have room in the thighs. To me, that’s a big deal! I have some honkin’ thighs! Lol Also, it was nice of the man in the booth behind you at The Egg & I to bow out of the picture. Haha
Staci recently posted..The Golden SlipperMy Profile

tucking_fwit May 4, 2013 at 12:44 pm

I wanted to address some of the BS you were talking in a previous post when you went on about “not being anything to look at” or “I know I’m not attractive.

Excuse me but you are actually very pretty. Please get some new glasses!

Inga May 4, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Holly, you look young enough to be your kids sister! You give me hope that I can lose that last 75 pounds!

shelle May 5, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Inspirational is the only word I can think of. Sometimes when you are at your heaviest, you begin to lose perspective on what is important and what you are truly capable of. I am almost 300 pounds (could be more I avoid the scale but I never thought that “30 seconds” could make a difference. After reading, I had to comment, and this is the first time I have made a commented about anything on the internet.
Just sharing your story is a blessing to others who are in similar situations.

Sue May 7, 2013 at 10:00 am

“I could not wear a seatbelt for almost 7 years!”

Whoa!

Just shows that everything was worth it. I think its important not to lose sight of the things we often take for granted as they are often the most important.

A great and inspirational post – thank you for sharing.

MandaPanda May 7, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Love this list!
MandaPanda recently posted..Rain is Gone…For NowMy Profile

Jackie elmer May 14, 2013 at 8:09 am

Wow, ive lost 15 stone now and totally relate to all u say, well done, isn’t it great having a life now. xx