Trash It!

April 3, 2013 in Uncategorized

Today is the day.

It’s time.

Whatever is bothering you or upsetting you, needs to go!

Sometimes things are out of our control.

We may be upset or depressed about a bad choice we made.

But we can’t UN-make it….so now what?

Is the bad choice accompanied with guilt?

Because God has said that guilt will overwhelm us making it very difficult to get anything else done.

My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear. (Psalm 38:4)

I’ve felt this way about everything from bad food choices

To bad financial decisions

To bad relationship choices

To  bad parenting days!

But we’ve all dealt with guilt.

And what we may not realize is this—

That bowl of ice cream you ate had guilt written all over it.

Oh sure you feel guilty AFTERWARDS

But did you realize you may have felt guilty before you scooped it out?

You may have eaten nothing more than a big giant bowl of guilt.

Because guilt is too hard to feel 24 hours a day

But it tastes much sweeter if we bury it inside of ice cream, right?

If we feel convicted of something we have done wrong then yes….

It’s good for us to feel that…

So we can turn away from that behavior, ask for forgiveness, and get back on track.

Like the Bible says “all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).

But once we’ve done that, what good does guilt do other than to keep us down?

Once you’ve been forgiven, guilt hangs around

Because the enemy wants you confused, bewildered, overwhelmed

Tired, exhausted and feeling as if you’re hopeless

That’s why our enemy is called the Accuser (Revelation 12:10)

That’s what he does

He sits around accusing you of this and that.

Telling you how hopeless you are and reminding you of all the ways you’ve screwed up.

But God says….

I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you. (Isaiah 44:22)

I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more. (Isaiah 43:25)

So who are you going to believe?

That voice in your head that keeps trashing you with guilt?

Dragging up every bad thing you’ve ever done?

If God remembers our sins no more….why are we still walking around feeling guilty about them?

Why are we still trying to hide them inside a big piece of cake?

We don’t need to do that.

We are forgiven.

No matter what you’ve done.

Small or big.

It doesn’t matter.

The cross was enough!

Stop trying to pay for your sins again and again.

Today we need to do this.

We need to “act as if” we believe this!

We need to fake it till we make it.

Maybe you still feel accused and guilty.

So hop out of that bed right now and shout to the rooftops

“I’m forgiven!!”

“This is MY day! And it’s fresh and new!! Nothing in my past will be remembered by God so I’m not giving it any more of my time either!!”

You may not believe it right now but keep saying it.

Keep acting as if you believe it.

That’s called faith…

“Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” (Hebrews 11:1)

Soon you will feel it, see it and believe it!!

Because it is the TRUTH.

And the truth will set you free! (John 8:32)

Trash the guilt!      Don’t let it trash you!!

Cat April 3, 2013 at 1:30 pm

thank you holly, truly needed this today
Cat recently posted..I needed this…My Profile

Jenn April 3, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Holly – You always post just what I need to hear. Thank you for this today. It was much needed.

Sandy April 3, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Thankyou. Also needed this reminder today.
Sandy recently posted..R.I.P. Elliot-Our Cat from HellMy Profile

Marc April 3, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I needed to read this today – thanks!
Marc recently posted..Hooping it up on EasterMy Profile

Lynne April 3, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Thank you so much! I’ve been in a bad way and was just revealing to my husband this morning about all of the guilt I feel about not taking care of myself in the past and how that makes me feel like I don’t deserve good healthcare or ANOTHER chance to get it right. He’s very understanding and tries to help me see the light, but it’s so hard in the throes of all those negative feelings. Since I’ve been reading your blog, I’ve been talking to God every day and trying to understand how I can leave all my troubles with Him and ask for guidance, etc. Based on my conversations this morning and your topic today – He’s sent me a sign – YOU! Didn’t mean to be so long-winded, it just all came out. Have a glorious day!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down April 3, 2013 at 2:24 pm

AWW!! That makes me soo happy Lynne!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with me!!

Amanda April 3, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Thanks Holly, it’s like God knew exactly what I needed to hear today, and He shared it through your blog! I love how He does that, lol.

annamarie April 3, 2013 at 2:43 pm

OMG Holly, I can’t even put in words of what your post does for me. I triple times in agreement of what the others above have said.

Even as I type this post, your picture of your beautiful smile is just shining to me next to leave a comment.

Thank you so much for your posts.

May God always bless you and your famiy.
annamarie recently posted..Stop DreamingMy Profile

Staci April 3, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Well, the kids have their bags packed. They seem rather sad, but I reminded them again that you said I needed to get rid of whatever was bothering me. HAHA!
This is a good post. I have an issue or two that I think God is dealing with me about, but I keep putting it off because my flesh doesn’t want to let go of the things! I’m sure you’ve been there, done that. So then I go around feeling guilty every time that “thing” pops up in my life because I’m hanging onto it when it’s no good for me. :-/
Staci recently posted..Had a Good Visit – Super Long PostMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down April 3, 2013 at 4:00 pm

hahahahahahahahahahah Staci you’re hilarious!!!!

Cindy April 3, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Thanks for sharing this today! Can’t begin to tell you how thankful I am for your blog.

Anita Elmore April 3, 2013 at 10:48 pm

What a great post! Thank you so much Holly for sharing your insight and words of wisdom. ♥
Anita Elmore recently posted..I Did It!!!My Profile

FreeJulie April 4, 2013 at 3:34 am

Miss Holly, I usually have to be very careful about when I read your blog, because you make me cry so often! This was a great post, thank you. 🙂

Honeybee April 4, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Perfect writeup. So encouraging and inspiring. Glad you posted.

-Honeybee
Honeybee recently posted..Kim Kardashian Maternity Fashion Disaster and March Blog RecapMy Profile

Dawn April 5, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Amen sister! Not only did I trash my guilty feelings, I “took the trash out”. Such an amazing feeling when you can feel free, mentally and physically. Love it!!
Dawn recently posted..A New Chapter BeginsMy Profile

Paulette V. Sheppard May 1, 2013 at 4:25 am

thank God for Jesus christ Who took all my sins on the cross, died and rose again that i may be saved. !! amen!
Paulette V. Sheppard recently posted..No last blog posts to return.My Profile