Weight Loss Update: 222 Pounds gone so far

March 11, 2013 in Uncategorized

So we’re 20 months in to this journey!

This is where I started

Ò

photo-96

BeforeHollywithCJandchar

BeforehollySIDE.jpg

couchholly

It felt overwhelming.

I started with 30 seconds of walking.

I walked to the end of the hallway and back

Then I added more laps as I could

I made it to the mailbox outside and the one next door.

Step by step I made progress

Ò

Ò

hugs

Holly150GONE.jpg

Crossfit4months

Fit on the plane !!!

photo-81

Disney!

photo-142

200VictoryFinalRun.058

I can do matching pajamas now with my girls!

photo-217

photo-279

1st 5K with my brother!

photo-307

Today…222 Pounds Gone….74% of the way there

photo-328

after222lbs.001

The Top 3 most critical things I have done in the past 20 months to keep myself on track:

1. Pray daily for God to help me
  2. Eliminate sugar to get rid of uncontrollable hunger and cravings
  3. Start walking 30 seconds at a time every day consistently

I know that it is hard not to get overwhelmed.  But make a decision to not quit on yourself.  Even if you fail today, tomorrow is brand new.

Don’t carry today’s mistakes into tomorrow.

If you make every day a new beginning and vow to not give up on yourself…..Then you cannot fail.

photo-223

Trixie March 11, 2013 at 9:58 am

Amazing. Simply amazing. Congratulations on your incredible success (that comes from hard work, discipline and commitment to your health)!

Lee Ann March 11, 2013 at 10:34 am

Way to go Holly! You have come extremely far in those months!
Lee Ann recently posted..Weekend Wrap-upMy Profile

Linda Sherwood March 11, 2013 at 11:10 am

Did you have your surgery in July 2011? I’m trying to do the math. I had my surgery in August 2011. 🙂 It is amazing how much change has happened. I love that picture of you with your girls in matching pajamas.
Linda Sherwood recently posted..Fit Friday: MaintainingMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 11, 2013 at 12:48 pm

yes! Thanks Linda!

Natalie March 11, 2013 at 11:12 am

The difference in less than 2 years! So amazing. Congratulations on all your hard work and never giving up.
Natalie recently posted..I can be a zombie if I want so shut upMy Profile

Mari March 11, 2013 at 11:24 am

Hooray for you – you’re are amazing!
Mari recently posted..Happy Birthday Mom!My Profile

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh March 11, 2013 at 11:50 am

Great job girl! So proud of you!
Anele @ Success Along the Weigh recently posted..Sodium bombs, new duds and open house loveMy Profile

Adelyn March 11, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Holly, All your accomplishment are amazing. And inspiring. And real.

What I love most is the change in your family. I have been reading for a long time…but look at the face of your little ones in the first picture and then again in the last pictures. THAT is the reason I can not stop crying this morning.

I ran a 5K this weekend and toward the end I saw my daughter’s face and I started crying. I do this for me…completely. However, having kids watch their mom do hard things is extraordinary. They love us no matter, but the joy is powerful.
Adelyn recently posted..5KMy Profile

June March 11, 2013 at 12:52 pm

You look so happy! And I especially love the picture of you in the matching pj’s with your girls. So sweet! Congratulations!
June recently posted..Friday FavesMy Profile

Courtney March 11, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I love the newest picture!
Courtney recently posted..Finding Rest When TroubledMy Profile

annamarie March 11, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Absolutely amazing. You are so beautiful, not only on the inside but outside too. I love the picture with your girls with matching PJ’s..how cute is that.

If anything I am certainly thankful to our blessed Lord that he has allowed me to find you for your strength, hope and generousity for sharing your journey with so many.

Thank you for your inspiration and mainly hope.

Many hugs
annamarie recently posted..Can almost smell SpringMy Profile

Fee March 11, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Congrats! I feel very thankful to be able to follow your amazing journey!
Thank you.

Fionna

Kelly @ Curvy Fit Girl March 11, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Oh Holly, I am SO proud of you! I am SO SO SO VERY happy for you! You just keep doing it, without fail, being consistent every single day, letting the little things that bother you just slide right off. Do you realize that in 3 months time, when I see you at Fitbloggin, you’ll be so close to your goal? Have you picked your goal weight yet? Have you shared it on here? I can’t remember if you have or not. KEEP GOING.
Kelly @ Curvy Fit Girl recently posted..Running & Major NSV!My Profile

Alesha March 11, 2013 at 1:33 pm

You are an amazing, inspiring woman! Congratulations to you! I love how in each picture you can see more and more of YOU coming out. You are beautiful…thank you so much for sharing! I look forward to reading each new post you put out there. Keep up the wonderful, hard work!

jennxaz March 11, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Wow great job and I love the PJ picture..so darn cute all of you together like that !

KAREN March 11, 2013 at 2:35 pm

What an amazing transformation.. Congratulations on your weightloss journey!

Marc March 11, 2013 at 2:45 pm

The incredible shrinking woman is looking younger and happier everyday!
Marc recently posted..Today’s walking – 8.5 milesMy Profile

Staci March 11, 2013 at 2:58 pm

In the pic of you 3 in matching PJs, my 8 year old said “which one is Holly, Momma.” 🙂 Now I thought you would love to hear THAT. Congrats to you!
Staci recently posted..Finally a Food Picture PostMy Profile

FreeJulie March 11, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I am so impressed with you and all your success! You have done fabulously!! Keep it up!

leigh March 11, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Brava!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
leigh recently posted..Collage show at New Seasons Progress RidgeMy Profile

calama March 11, 2013 at 5:29 pm

You look awsome in the last picture!
Your shape is like mine.
Try those sand-clock shape dresses, they will make you look very feminine and charming. Works for me!

Linda Kuil March 11, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Amen! We are worth it and we should never give up on ourselves! YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!

Elizabeth March 11, 2013 at 7:14 pm

You look amazing but what I love watching this most is the progression of the happiness on your face as the weight comes off! You are beautiful!

Faith March 11, 2013 at 7:53 pm

You look fantastic! I’m so happy for you, Holly, thank you for being such an inspiration. 🙂

Inga March 11, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Congratulations! You are breathtaking.

Tracy @ My Tiny Tank.net March 12, 2013 at 12:29 am

Amazing! You are truly an inspiration. And it is amazing the power of prayer. I love love love that you included your daily prayer in your critical list. I have found great strengthen and peace in putting myself in Gods hands each day. I love the matching Pajama picture how GREAT that is to share similar outfits something not possible just a a short time ago, you look childlike!! ENJOY! Love your way!
Tracy @ My Tiny Tank.net recently posted..A Few Bites Technique in ActionMy Profile

Anita Elmore March 12, 2013 at 12:43 am

What an amazing transformation! You look wonderful and you are such an inspiration! ♥
Anita Elmore recently posted..WI Let DownMy Profile

Ginger AKA iadopted5 March 12, 2013 at 2:13 pm

You know what I noticed? A few pics into your post, your eyes changed. They began to sparkle. You were feeling the joy. So proud of you. So happy for you. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your journey with us all! Blessings!
Ginger AKA iadopted5 recently posted..Mount Airy, NCMy Profile

Holly March 12, 2013 at 5:31 pm

WOW! You are a true Rock Star!!! I’ve lost 140 over the last 2 1/2 years, and it’s incredibly difficult. Congratulations your transformation!

Amanda March 12, 2013 at 6:06 pm

I almost skipped working out today.

Thank you for being a constant inspiration.
Amanda recently posted..a song for pennyMy Profile

Sheila March 12, 2013 at 7:50 pm

The pictures don’t lie and I’m glad you let the photos do (most) of the talking for you. The tranformation is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Congrats Holly!
Sheila recently posted..What I Ate in PhotosMy Profile

Jane March 14, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Wow! Awesome! So very happy for you!

Sarah Newman March 20, 2013 at 10:47 am

Hugely inspirational post.

The transformation in the way your face looks is amazing. You look like a completely different person as if the real you has come out.

Please keep at it and never give up!