The Wednesdays Of Life

March 27, 2013 in Uncategorized

http://www.dreamstime.com/-image26588640Wednesdays are that middle ground.

We aren’t at the beginning but we aren’t at the end.

We seem to be halfway.

It’s in the “Wednesdays” of life that we decide how we will view

What it means to be “halfway”

I remember when just getting out of the bed was a major ordeal for me.

I would have to start trying to push myself up on my hands

And that exertion alone would cause my heart to race

I would work on pushing myself up for awhile

Before having to take a break

I can remember when I felt at the “halfway” point

I would always be happy.

I’m halfway there, I’d think!

I can remember making it halfway to the mailbox

The first time I tried to walk to it

It was an awesome feeling.

I had made it all the way out of the bed, down the hallway, across the living room

Out the door and halfway down the driveway.

I was really going places!!

When I made it my first half-mile, I thought I had won the lottery.

But I didn’t always think this way.

There were times I would think….

“I can only walk down the hall and back—I’ll never make any progress”

“I can barely walk across the room, how will I ever make it to one mile?”

“I’ve only lost 10 pounds….how will I ever lose another 290?”

We’ve all heard that term “Glass half empty….glass half full”…

The question is–which are you?

I used to be more of a glass half empty person.

Always seeing how far I still had left to go

Instead of seeing how far I had already come.

When you look at the progress you have made

Do you see how much weight you have already lost

Or how far you still have to go?

Wednesdays take us to a halfway point in life.

They remind us we are not at the start line

But we are not yet crossing over the finish.

They are  a time where we can either say

“This week has been pointless. I’ve accomplished nothing”

Or

“Well I made it this far, I can keep going!”

It’s true that halfway points in life can make us or break us.

How many times did I get halfway there

And turn around and go back?

I felt discouraged.

Maybe I woke up to a 2 pound gain and thought this is pointless.

Maybe I screwed up on my food plan

Maybe I didn’t exercise

Maybe I stuck to both of those things perfectly

But just didn’t lose any weight

I would then get depressed and think…..

I have too far left to go

I’ll never get there

Let me just give up

Let me walk back to the donuts.

But once you’re halfway

It’s just as far to go back as it is to keep pressing forward!

So let’s press forward!!!

It’s true that the halfway points

Are neither the beginning or the end.

Neither the start or the finish.

But let me tell you who is BOTH of those things!

“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, who is, who was and who is to come”
Revelation 1:8

God is our beginning and our end. He is at the start line AND the finish line. And everywhere in between.

He created us. He walks with us. And He will be with us to the very end.

When you get halfway into the day and it hasn’t gone like you had hoped…don’t give up.

Remember what God says.

“He who began a good work in you will carry it to completion”

Phillipians 1:6

So as you can see, He has already promised to take you to the finish line.

All you have to do is keep going when you want to quit.

Don’t turn back at the halfway mark.

Don’t let the “Wednesdays” in life get you down.

Press on to the prize!

Jane T. March 27, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Thank you so much..so very inspiring and encouraging.

Marc March 27, 2013 at 2:08 pm

The Germans call Wednesday Mittwoch. Which is literally middle of the week. It sort of fits your analogy.
Marc recently posted..My exciting life (yawn…zzz)My Profile

Cat March 27, 2013 at 2:22 pm

always an inspiration. I always make a point to read your blog before I start my day for a bit of motivation! Keep at it Holly! Less than 100 pounds to go! You can do it!
Cat recently posted..Boring Diary updates…My Profile

Lori March 27, 2013 at 2:33 pm

I totally agree. The middle is often the hardest part of any endeavor.
Lori

Robyn March 27, 2013 at 2:53 pm

I just wanted to say that I watched your video and it made me cry! It’s so inspiring to others what you’re doing! Keep it up girl! You look great and you should feel amazingly proud for all you’ve accomplished!

AD March 27, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Wednesday = hump day of the week.

Once you get over the hump, the sky will look brighter on the other side. 🙂
AD recently posted..Food Journal – March 25My Profile

Pam March 27, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Even today, when I’m out walking and make the turn to come home, it always makes me feel good to think I’m half done now and with every step I’m got that much less than halfway to go!
Pam recently posted..Life is Good!My Profile

annamarie March 27, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Very inspiring Holly and thank you. Thank you for reminding me that I have done good unitl now. Lots of time I feel that I will never get all of this weight off and yes I sometimes think I just can’t go on, or I have done all I can and it is hopeless. But thinking about it more, I don’t want to turn back. Most important is that I know “HE” will never leave me to walk this path alone.

Many hugs
annamarie recently posted..ChangesMy Profile

Rebecca March 27, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Dude, once again – awesome post. Good things.
Rebecca recently posted..Why Did You Do That?My Profile

Megan March 28, 2013 at 2:30 pm

I just want to say thank you for posting this!!! I am half way through this semester at college and I am struggling to keep going, I could drop or withdraw but this little inspiration keeps me going!! Thank you once again and congrats on how far you have come so far!

Tiffany March 28, 2013 at 3:35 pm

What a wonderful post of inspiration.
Tiffany recently posted..Wow What A Wake UpMy Profile

Christine A. April 2, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Sometimes I don’t get to read your post until a different day, and sometimes I only have time to skim through it. Today was one of those perfect timing days. Its Tuesday, not Wednesday but no it hasn’t gone the way I had planned but my mouse scrolled down to the Alpha and Omega the beginning and the end and it reminded me of how God is always there cheering me on. Knowing the path He alone has set before me and He is there every step of the way encouraging me, guiding me and holding me when needed. Thank you for the reminder. As always, His timing is perfect.