Disney Half Marathon

January 16, 2013 in Uncategorized

No….not me

Not yet at least!

But my brother and his wife, Beth

Went back to Disney this weekend

To run the Disney Half Marathon

My brother has already conquered many things

To make his dreams come true

He weighed 454 pounds at one time

And was on oxygen

Near death

Before having weight loss surgery

And beginning to exercise

30 Seconds at a time

You can hear him discuss that here

AOL ON Health Clip

Or if you want to hear more in depth about it

And a bit more about how Beth came back into his life

When he was at his largest weight of 454 pounds

You can hear his interview on the Revolution of Health here

His interview starts about 18 minutes in

Now Lee is running Triathlons

And this past weekend

The Disney Half Marathon!!

I wanted to share with you the pictures

They sent me!

Along with a few of the text messages

Lee sent me as well

photo-271

photo-37

photo-38

photo-25 photo-26 photo-27 photo-28 photo-29 photo-30 photo-31 photo-32
photo-273

photo-33 photo-34 photo-35 photo-36

photo-272

You can follow Lee on twitter @30sectovictory

You can follow Beth on twitter @bethtrains4life

Linda Kuil January 16, 2013 at 11:14 am

Congratulations to Lee! Running a race at Disney is on my bucket list!
Linda Kuil recently posted..The Final StretchMy Profile

Jane January 16, 2013 at 11:38 am

Congrats to Lee! Soooo much amazingness in one family. Awesome!!!!!

Lee Ann January 16, 2013 at 12:44 pm

A huge congrats to them! Seeing the pictures makes me really want to do the Goofy Challenge next year.
Lee Ann recently posted..Treadmill TuesdayMy Profile

Courtney January 16, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Way to go Lee and Beth!

Jen B January 16, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Wow. That is really amazing! Congratulations go out to your brother and sister in law!

Staci January 16, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Yay to your brother and his wife! I am so happy for him to have a LIVING life. :)
Staci recently posted..Didn’t Do the MathMy Profile

Tess January 16, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Awesome and inspirational!!! Cool medals, too! :D

Tasha Cantrell January 16, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Oh! How inspiring! Well done brother! :) 30 seconds at a time…

Fee January 16, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Awesome! Congrats to Lee & Beth!

Lori January 16, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Congratulations all the way around!
Lori

Robyn January 16, 2013 at 7:34 pm

My daughter was there this weekend too. This 1/2 was on her list. I think it is exciting for anyone to meet their goals- one at a time.
Look how far your brother has come. If that is not an inspiration- nothing is!
Robyn recently posted..Blogger ProblemsMy Profile

Cathy January 16, 2013 at 9:52 pm

I have a picture of my grandaughter after running at Disney! She had so much fun running with her dad that day! My daughter runs too. It’s a family event! So much fun to see the pictures. Some day I’ll be looking at you and your kids finishing your races! Your brother’s love story is amazing as well as his weight loss. They look so happy!

Pam January 16, 2013 at 11:57 pm

VICTORY…indeed! So proud of you and your brother–you have made great changes in your lives and give inspiration to many who have given up! Keep it up you two!!
Pam recently posted..Ballerina/Granddaughter TimeMy Profile

Christine January 17, 2013 at 3:56 am

Very cool! Congrats!
Christine recently posted..munch, munch, munchMy Profile

Tom January 17, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Thanks for sharing this. I enjoyed living your brother’s half marathon through the photos. This year I set a goal to run a half marathon. I am a poor runner and just have a year with 6 5Ks under my belt. I know it will be a struggle for me, but I have to do it for myself. In John the Penguin Bingham’s book, “An Accidental Athlete”, he made an excellent point that the true victories in a race are fought at the back of the pack. Those in the front run for glory, prizes, money and recognition. Those at the back are running for their pride, self confidence and for themselves. I run for myself and that just about sums it up. — Tom
Tom recently posted..Tom’s 2013 Wellness VisionMy Profile

Valerie January 17, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Congrats to Lee and Beth! I really enjoyed listening to Lee’s interview on the Revolution of Health. He has such a nice, kind voice – just like his sister. I have loved hearing about Lee and Beth ever since you first mentioned their story on your blog. Your brother sounds like such a wonderful and loyal man – to have always known that his one true love was Beth. Beth is such a lucky lady! And it is just incredible that Beth was able to *see* Lee and give him unconditional love during one of the hardest times in his life. Lee is such a lucky guy! Your family really seems to be filled with awesome people, Holly. :)

Joyce January 17, 2013 at 6:21 pm

I am still playing catch up (been MIA for a bit) and you and your brother have manage to blow me completely away!!!! Your recent pictures are amazing. WOW!!!! and these pictures of him and his wife. I had not seen any pictures of him for a bit and WOW!!! Ok, I can only seem to utter WOW!. :) Thank you for all yours and his wisdom and inspiration!!!!