200 Pounds Lost!!

December 17, 2012 in Uncategorized

My 200 Pounds Lost Video is at the bottom of this page

It’s official!

I’ve lost 200 Pounds!!

200VictoryFinalRun.058

A picture of me at the beginning of this journey

BeforeHollyFront.jpg

A picture of me today….200 Pounds lighter!

photo-168

I’d like to thank each and every person

Who has Β taken the time

To leave me comments

And send me e-mails

Your support and encouragement

Has made all the difference

These past 16 months

I’ve shared many things

My past

My tears

My sorrows

My joys

And you’ve all come along for the ride

Every bit of encouragement you have given me

Has helped me get through the ups and downs

Of this journey

And I will never be able to thank you enough

For the amazing support you have given me

I understand the pain that obesity brings

And I know how much we all long for freedom

So please know this….

It doesn’t matter how far you have fallen

It doesn’t matter if you’ve failed a thousand times

You may feel like a lost cause

You may even feel

That you are beyond help

Like you’re so far into the darkness

That you will never find the light

I’m here to tell you

We can win this fight!

One step at a time

30 Seconds at a time

Whatever it takes

We can overcome!

My 2oo Pounds Lost video

I would love it if you would:

Like the 300 Pounds Down Facebook page

Share my video with those who need hope

The Fight Continues…..

For the Next 100 Pounds….

beforeafter200pounds.001

Marc December 17, 2012 at 6:39 am

Wow! Congratulations!!!
Marc recently posted..The Amazing Grace Christmas HouseMy Profile

Staci December 17, 2012 at 6:42 am

Shoot… I can’t get the video to play for me! Bummer!!! Will try again later, I guess. CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!! You are unreal, Holly. Wonderful!
Staci recently posted..Take a Hint, SistaMy Profile

Karen p December 17, 2012 at 8:02 am

Congrats!!! Doing the happy dance for you. πŸ™‚
Karen p recently posted..Narrow carb window in weight maintenanceMy Profile

Angel Rodriguez December 17, 2012 at 8:27 am

CONGRATULATIONS to you! Finding your story has given me real hope for me, too. Thank you for sharing!
Angel Rodriguez recently posted..I want to be GREAT!My Profile

Mari December 17, 2012 at 11:47 am

Congratulations! What a huge accomplishment. You are truly an inspiration!
Mari recently posted..Another family partyMy Profile

Linda Kuil December 17, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! You look amazing (especially in that running shot!!) but first and foremost, you must FEEL amazing, ALIVE AND KICKING!!
Linda Kuil recently posted..Honoring Sandy HookMy Profile

Lee Ann December 17, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Way to go Holly! I knew you could do it! You are an inspiration to me. Love you lots and cant wait to hear about your adventures as you lose the next 100!

Adelyn December 17, 2012 at 12:41 pm

So. Proud. Of. You. and even more thrilled for your precious family!! Congrats! and as you say….on to the next 100!!! Imagine all that lies ahead!! God is Good. All. The. Time.
Adelyn recently posted..That’s Big, That’s SmallMy Profile

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh December 17, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Congrats and welcome to “the club!” LOL No doubt it’s a club we wish we didn’t have to be members of to begin with but what an accomplishment to get there! Keep up the great work!
Anele @ Success Along the Weigh recently posted..For real? – Weigh InMy Profile

Donna December 17, 2012 at 1:05 pm

WOW!!!!! What an inspiration you are, I am so happy for you and your family. I hope you know how many people you are helping. Donna

Lisa Minkert December 17, 2012 at 1:19 pm

I will say it again and again, you Ms. Holly, are an amazing lady and one hott Momma!! I am so proud of all of your accomplishments and really appreciate you sharing your story to help motivate everyone else. You will always have a special place in my heart and I’m so glad I can call you my sleeve sister!

Lauren December 17, 2012 at 1:31 pm

What an accomplishment! I think 10 lbs seems like a daunting amount at the moment, so I can’t even begin to imagine losing 200! Keep up the good work. I know your story must motivate many others!
Lauren recently posted..Meet Lola the Crocheted DollMy Profile

Lady Amanda December 17, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Soo proud of you and sooo excited for you! Loved the video. Love all of the new pictures! Congrats! You Rock! Sending hugs your way!

Courtney December 17, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Sharing in your joy today! It’s a privilege to follow along on your journey, share in your hope for a new future, and find that hope for ourselves. πŸ™‚
Courtney recently posted..The Cookie Doesn’t LieMy Profile

Lindsey December 17, 2012 at 1:57 pm

you’re such a beautiful inspiration!

annamarie December 17, 2012 at 2:03 pm

What an accomplishment you have acheived. So many of your readers are so proud including me but you and your children, well must be estatic with joy.
With God’s love and support from so many there is nothing sweeter.
May you enjoy all the happiness that you so much deserve.
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your happiness.

Many hugs
annamarie recently posted..Day 266 So appreciativeMy Profile

Shannon Ramos December 17, 2012 at 2:08 pm

You are amazing. The look on your face in your before picture is just so sad. You are so unhappy. The after picture is really a life well lived. I am so happy for you. I hope you will continue to spread your message and reach more people who will be inspired to get help! You can really change lives with your beautiful transformation!

Fee December 17, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Congrats Holly!! You look amazing and inspire me everyday!! I am so happy for you and your family!!!

Pam December 17, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Congratulations on hitting yet another milepost! Holly you are gorgeous, but then you have always been gorgeous, it’s just now it’s more readily apparent! People don’t have to look beyond the obese exterior to see that beautiful person inside, cause she’s smiling right back at them when they look at her now!

I never grow tired of before and after pictures. I still look for some obscure “before” picture I had forgotten about and want to make a comparison montage with a picture from “after.” I like to look at other people’s before and after pictures too. And your pictures are some of the best I’ve ever seen. I love following your journey. It inspires me and motivates me. Can you imagine all the people out there who have started their own journeys because of what you have done and are writing so beautifully about? Pat yourself on the back Holly, not only have you changed your own life, you are helping so many others change their lives too!

I felt a little guilty when I got to go to New York and “brag” about my transformation on TV. What did I have to be so proud of? I LET MYSELF get MORBIDLY OBESE! It was all me, totally my own doing. I was responsible for the fix I got myself into. But then I thought, “Maybe I can inspire someone else, perhaps someone older like me, to change their life.” That’s why I said at the end of the video of “before” pictures they showed of me, “It’s never too late to change your life.” Like you say, even if you fall along the way, pick yourself up and try again. It’s worth it. YOU are worth it! Thank you for inspiring me and so many others!
Pam recently posted..Three Years and 178 Pounds Later….My Profile

Angela @ Honey, I Shrunk the Mom December 17, 2012 at 2:48 pm

So, so proud of you!!!
Angela @ Honey, I Shrunk the Mom recently posted..Green Bean FriesMy Profile

mariam December 17, 2012 at 2:52 pm

You are an amazing person with great inner strength keep up the great work you look wonderful πŸ™‚ congrats and stay strong

stafsi December 17, 2012 at 3:10 pm

you are a winner! well done and keep it up! you are an inspiration to all of us reading about your journey towards self love and acceptance so thank you for being you and showing us there is hope and love and strength in everyone

Joyce December 17, 2012 at 3:24 pm

SO happy for you! Well done.

J.D. December 17, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Your life is bringing some hope to this guy right here! Thank You

Karen Sanders December 17, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Wooohoooo!!!!!! You’re absolutely amazing and inspirational. Now that I follow you on FB, I see your posts regularly. I’m so happy and proud for you. Keep it up!
Karen Sanders recently posted..Happy Happy Joy JoyMy Profile

Lori December 17, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Congratulations!!!

Melissa D December 17, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Congratulations from Utah!! What an amazing accomplishment!! You continue to inspire me daily!! Thanks for sharing your life!
Melissa D recently posted..So much emotion…not sure where to begin…My Profile

Ronda December 17, 2012 at 4:35 pm

OH. MY. GOSH!
You are absolutely amazing. You are such an inspiration to me and I’m sure, many others.
Keep up the fantastic work.
It’s hard for me to look at those pictures and think they’re of the same person!
I think you lost 30 pounds in your face alone!
Ronda recently posted..How is it Even Possible…My Profile

Lisa December 17, 2012 at 5:03 pm

May these lost pounds leave you and end up on those that need them!

Congratulations and have the Happiest of Holidays!
Lisa

Paula December 17, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Wonderful video, loved it! That was a great gift from your brother, he sounds like a gem. Soon you will be in the 100’s!

Caron December 17, 2012 at 6:03 pm

You’re officially awesome. Loved the video. πŸ™‚
Caron recently posted..Rainy FridayMy Profile

LezzieLez December 17, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Congrats Holly!!! I have read your entire site and you are such a GREAT person and inspiration to all. Any person who comes to me for motivation is directed to your site.

Keep up the good work!! I know you can get the next 100 off.

Hugs!

Lez

Heather December 17, 2012 at 6:37 pm

I read your blog all the time but very rarely comment. Today I had to. Congratulations on such a huge milestone. Looking at the pictures I see how it was so hard for you to smile at 417 lbs. What would there be to smile about, except for the fact that you were alive. Now look at you, lots to smile about. You must be so proud of yourself. Good luck with the rest of your journey and I’ll continue to follow along.

Staci December 17, 2012 at 6:51 pm

It worked now! Yayyyyyy!!!!! CONGRATS!
Staci recently posted..Take a Hint, SistaMy Profile

Amanda December 17, 2012 at 8:01 pm

What an amazing Christmas gift to yourself! A picture truly is worth 1000 words and I think yours tells double that. So proud of you!
Amanda recently posted..7th Day of ChristmasMy Profile

Sunny December 17, 2012 at 8:16 pm

what an amazing transformation. You are doing awesome!! I am now 13 days out from my RNY and I enjoying eating my 2Tbls of food now!!

Crystal H December 17, 2012 at 8:39 pm

You are truly an inspiration and you look great! I’ve lost 116 so far since May and it ain’t easy.

trisha December 17, 2012 at 9:29 pm

you’re absolutely beautiful!! CONGRATS on your 200 lbs loss!!!

Kate December 17, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Congratulations!

Chubarella December 17, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Wow! You had an awesome journey! Thank God for your success!!! You look so healthy and pretty, congrats!!!

elizabeth December 17, 2012 at 10:52 pm

that is AMAZING!!!! you are truly an inspiration! xo

Debby H December 17, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeanette December 18, 2012 at 12:50 am

Holly, thanks for putting together that wonderful video. I am so happy for you and so proud of you. I am in that trapped obese body and can relate to so many things you write about. The best part of your testimony is the fact that you give God the glory for what He has achieved through and in you. I have been crying after looking at your video and I especially loved the part about this miracle was brought by Jesus Christ. Thank you for using your life, struggles and victories to help so many of us. May you continue on and God richly bless you.

Moriah December 18, 2012 at 1:28 am

You look like a completely different person! You are such an inspiration! My starting weight was not much less than yours, I am having a really hard time and feel like giving up, your video has given me hope.

Marcia December 18, 2012 at 1:53 am

Amazing and courageous journey! God bless you!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down December 18, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Thank you Marcia! I really appreciate this! God bless you too!!

Carrie Bond December 18, 2012 at 3:22 am

congratulations!!! I had RNY gastric bypass on May 2, 2012 and just hit 101 pounds lost. You are an inspiration!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down December 18, 2012 at 9:36 pm

101 pounds!! Carrie, you are awesome!!! I am so happy for you!! This is just amazing. You inspire ME!!!

Katrin December 18, 2012 at 5:00 am

Truly amazing accomplishment. Congratulations!
Katrin recently posted..Sleep in Heavenly Peace….My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down December 18, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Thank you so much Katrin!!

Jill December 18, 2012 at 6:00 am

Congratulations!! So happy for you. You inspire me, and I am so very proud of you! – Jill

Holly from 300 Pounds Down December 18, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Thank you so much Jill!

Kelly @CurvyFitGirl December 18, 2012 at 12:12 pm

You.Are.Incredible. I wish I could hug you right now and tell you how much you inspire me. Love you, and I am so proud of you!
Kelly @CurvyFitGirl recently posted..About Personal Responsibility.My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down December 18, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Thanks Kelly!! You know how much I love you and how much your encouragement has meant to me. You kick major butt every single day and you point the way for many in making fitness and exercise a key part of the plan. One day I hope to be the yoga master that you are!! If I can ever make it out of child’s pose hahaha. You rock!

Amanda December 18, 2012 at 5:03 pm

See, girl, you got it!!!! I am so happy for you, so inspired by you, so proud of you, and I can’t wait to follow in your footsteps!

Loved the video, and the looks on your kids faces. That really says it all. You are their hero, heck, you are my hero!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down December 18, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Thank you so much Amanda!!! Your words are so kind and sweet! You made me smile and I so appreciate your encouragement! I am cheering you on your journey. We will conquer this mountain!

Janette December 18, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Wow — what an inspiration! This is amazing –you are amazing. Thank yo for sharing your story. I really, really, really needed to be reminded of the hope and grace that only comes through God.

Blessings to you and your lovely family.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down December 18, 2012 at 9:30 pm

THank you so much Janette. And it is awesome that we have so much grace available to us! Many Blessings to you as well!

Daphne @ Daphne Alive December 18, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Wow, congratulations!! There are no words to express how amazing this is. Just know that you are strong, and amazing!
Daphne @ Daphne Alive recently posted..What to look for in a diet plan, especially to keep weight off for lifeMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down December 18, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Thank you Daphne! I truly appreciate this so much!

joy December 18, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I am so happy for you and your family!!! 200 pounds lost that is just nuts!! Wow! Great Video πŸ™‚ I am in awe of you.
joy recently posted..Good-byeMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down December 18, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Thanks Joy! Oh my goodness, do I ever LOVE your name!!!! Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. It brought “JOY” to me!!!

Lora December 19, 2012 at 1:33 am

You are such an AMAZING woman!! Thanks for being such a great inspiration and sharing your journey!

sandie December 19, 2012 at 2:11 am

I can’t believe you have 100 pounds to go – but you are doing GREAT! Way to go. sandie
sandie recently posted..A Day to Remember Newtown . . . with respect. . . .My Profile

JD @ Honest Mom December 19, 2012 at 2:28 am

Wow. Just, wow! Congratulations on all your hard work. You look fabulous!!!!
JD @ Honest Mom recently posted..Living life after tragedy interruptsMy Profile

Amy December 19, 2012 at 4:51 am

Congratulations! I can’t tell you how much your pictures and comments encouraged me tonight. I started my journey at 398. I had the gastric sleeve on 6/12/12 and I’m down 115 so far. I am stuck – and finding myself eating popcorn and rice cakes at night. I can’t seem to stop which is scary! I love the medal “30 seconds at a time”! I’d love to correspond and hear how you pushed yourself through the rough patches. I am so proud of you – and excited for you! Way to go, you courageous and strong woman! Thank you so, so much for sharing your story. God bless you!
Amy (Chicago)

Nicole December 20, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I have been following you for about the last year and your writing is wonderful, and you’re an inspiration. Congratulations.

Sheila December 20, 2012 at 1:12 pm

CONGRATULATIONS HOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and proud of your determination and committment because the surgery only takes you so far, the REST is on you. Remember that nurse who made you feel bad at your 6 month post-op visit for not losing “enough?” Wouldn’t you like to pop in and see her now (maybe you have…) But what an accomplishment! I’m behind on blogging and blog reading, but I’m so glad I got to catch this!! CONGRATS!
Sheila recently posted..Good News, Bad News, and Silver LiningsMy Profile

Rikki December 21, 2012 at 2:34 pm

You are one AMAZING person. I have given up on myself so many times and had half the journey that you have come from. We have no idea what we are capable of until we have no other choice. I do not know you, but I am so proud of you. You let me know that I can do this! I can fight my own battle and I can beat this. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Ni San December 21, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Love your website. You look amazing! Goes to prove you can do anything you set your mind to do. Thanks for sharing!

Vicky December 21, 2012 at 7:38 pm

You look awesome! Congratulations!!! Like tottally another person! So much younger!

Twix December 23, 2012 at 9:02 am

Congratulations!!!! πŸ˜€

Tiffanni December 23, 2012 at 7:22 pm

You look absolutly stunning,gorgous,beautiful! you dropped my jaw. You gave me inspiration! im at 73lbs weight loss and have 77lbs to go,seems alot but it starts with 30 secs? right. again congrats and keep up the great work!!!!

Brenda December 24, 2012 at 1:38 am

Holly, I have been reading for awhile, but never comment. You are amazing and such an inspiration! I have no doubt you will make to your goal. I hope you and your girls have a Merry Christmas.

Andrea December 27, 2012 at 2:06 am

Congratulations on all your hard work! You look AMAZING!
Andrea recently posted..Merry Christmas!My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down December 27, 2012 at 6:20 am

Thanks Andrea!

Kim December 31, 2012 at 11:29 am

I just found your blog via the myfitnesspal forums – and it’s truly inspiring. What an amazing transformation – you look so happy and healthy in the new picture. Congratulations on your hard work so far and good luck with the rest of your journey.

Alyssa January 3, 2013 at 2:07 am

You’re an inspiration! Thank you.

Laurie January 5, 2013 at 6:20 pm

What a powerful video and story!

Samantha @ 24 to 30 January 7, 2013 at 1:28 pm

You are so awesome and inspirational. Love your blog.
Samantha @ 24 to 30 recently posted..Sunday Night Food PrepMy Profile

Jacqui January 14, 2013 at 1:07 pm

You are such an inspiration. I have tears in my eyes from your video. I can’t wait to have my sleeve surgery!

CHRISTINE January 19, 2013 at 5:13 pm

OMG! YOU ARE SO PRETTY! Congrats on your loss! Good work!

celtic January 19, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Thank you for sharing your journey with me…….its amazing.

Norma July 20, 2013 at 1:10 am

I was just browsing the VST site and Somehow I ended up on your site! You are such an inspiration SPIRITUALLY, MENTALLY, AND PHYSICALLY!!! I needed to see this, THANK YOU!