One Year Update–Videos (Before/After)

October 12, 2012 in Uncategorized

When I started this journey

My intention was to do videos

To document my progress

Somewhere along the way

I discovered that I prefer to write

Apparently one sentence at a time

🙂

I still will do videos on occasion

And hitting the one year mark

Is certainly an occasion for that!

I have included the video I made

Before I had the surgery

I do stand up during this video

(No not a comedy routine..)

But it will give you an idea of where I was physically

I’ve also included my current video

What a difference a year makes!

Sorry the ‘after’ one is a little lengthy

Feel free to fast forward me…

Now you know why I write instead!

So much easier to edit 🙂

Before Video

One Year later (15 months to be exact 🙂

Mari October 12, 2012 at 2:25 am

Holly – you are truly an inspiration! Thanks for posting the before and after!
Mari recently posted..Fall in West MichiganMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:48 am

Thank you Mari!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..One Year Update–Videos (Before/After)My Profile

Marc October 12, 2012 at 2:54 am

What an amazing journey! I’m pretty good with accents – Texas ?
Marc recently posted..ObesogensMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 12, 2012 at 3:10 am

Hey that’s pretty good!! Yes I am in Texas and I’ve been here about 6 years now. I guess it must be rubbing off on me!! I’m originally from Washington DC but I went to college in North Carolina. I’m a Texan now though!

Marc October 12, 2012 at 3:14 am

The “God Bless” with a twang gave it away. I have tons (literally) of family members down there from south at San Antonio to north of Dallas to Denton and half a dozen towns inbetween. Your video reminded me of a niece in Richardson, TX.
Marc recently posted..ObesogensMy Profile

Lady Amanda October 12, 2012 at 3:00 am

I am soo excited about you going to Disney World! I can’t wait to see all of the awesome pictures that you take while you are there. You are going to have a blast!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:48 am

Thanks Manda!

Lisa M October 12, 2012 at 3:22 am

Beautiful Holly! I’ve said it many times before, but will say it again. I’m so glad we are on this journey together. Keep up the amazing work!!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:47 am

I am so glad too!! I draw strength from that and I really appreciate it!

Rockband Barbie October 12, 2012 at 3:24 am

Love this! You are so beautiful!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:47 am

Oh thank you so much! That means a lot. And thanks for being here from the start!!

Amy October 12, 2012 at 3:33 am

great video 🙂 you’ve come a long way, baby!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:47 am

Thanks Amy!!

Kendra Little October 12, 2012 at 3:45 am

I love the before and after. In both, you show such thoughtfulness, kindness and hope that it’s really inspirational.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:46 am

Wow thanks Kendra!! That is such a nice comment. It made my whole day. I really appreciate it so much!

Bre'anna Emmitt October 12, 2012 at 3:46 am

You are beautiful, Holly! Watched every second of both and you made me choke up. So glad you’re doing to Disney World! God’s doing great things though you, friend!
Bre’anna Emmitt recently posted..More than Singing: Part 2My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:45 am

Thanks Bre’anna!! I so appreciate that!!

Steph October 12, 2012 at 4:01 am

To see the difference from then to now is amazing. You are a strong woman Holly keep up the hard work!!! BTW 1 mile on the treadmill freaking awesome!!!!!!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:45 am

Thank you so much Steph!!

Tanya Doyle October 12, 2012 at 5:03 am

Congratulations on your milestone. You’re faith and perseverance are so inspiring.
Tanya Doyle recently posted..Random Photo Series: Charley and MeMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:42 am

Thank you so much Tanya!

joy October 12, 2012 at 5:10 am

Wow to lose almost two hundred pounds in just over a year is truly amazing. It blows my mind!! Thanks for sharing your video’s you don’t even look like the same person. Congrats on all your success I am in awe!
joy recently posted..One year anniversary and my 100th postMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:42 am

Oh thank you so much Joy!!! I love your name! Happy one year anniversary too!

Margene October 12, 2012 at 7:23 am

Wow… amazing journey! You are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

~Margene
Margene recently posted..It’s about the JourneyMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:41 am

Thank you so much Margene!! I hope everyone goes and reads your blog if they haven’t already. You have provided me with so much encouragement and inspiration. I loved the videos you made of you and your daughter dancing behind people!! LOL I just love your spirit. It is a blessing to all who come in contact with you!

Margene October 13, 2012 at 4:40 am

Thank You Holly!! You just totally made my day! YOU have come a LONG way and are a ROCKSTAR in my book!!! 🙂
~Margene
Margene recently posted..It’s about the JourneyMy Profile

Sheila October 12, 2012 at 11:10 am

Wonderful video Holly! I love your favorite shirt, you have come such a long way!!! Congrats.
Sheila recently posted..What I Ate TodayMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:40 am

Thank you so much Sheila! You have inspired me from the start!!

Tina October 12, 2012 at 12:31 pm

You are Awesome! I thank God for your progress and blog. I look forward to next year’s video.
Tina recently posted..TenThingsThursday! Maybe…My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:39 am

Thank you so much Tina!

Linda Kuil October 12, 2012 at 1:14 pm

I don’t know how you held it together for as long as you did! But once you mentioned Disney World, that was it for BOTH of us!! That will be a trip to remember forever! And look at that little spindly rocking chair you were sitting in!!!! CONGRATULATIONS and GOD BLESS!!! So happy for you!
Linda Kuil recently posted..Back To "Normal"My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:39 am

Oh thank you Linda!! That is hilarious about my spindly rocking chair. I’ve had that since my babies were actual babies!!! I can’t believe I can fit in the darn thing again!! Thanks for always encouraging me and inspiring me!

Anna October 12, 2012 at 1:37 pm

You ran a mile on the treadmill???? That is *SOO exciting*! You are such an inspiration!!!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:38 am

Crazy, right?? That just happened the past 2 weeks that I discovered I can actually do this. It is extremely slooow but I can do it! Thanks again Anna!!

Lee October 12, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Great job Holly! You are an inspiration to me. 🙂
Lee recently posted..Day 5 and still at it.My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:37 am

Thank you so much Lee!!

Caron October 12, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Fantastic. You are doing great. Keep it up. 🙂

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:37 am

Thanks Caron! I always appreciate your encouragement. You are a true inspiration to those of us who need to know that maintenance can happen!! You are there leading the way!

Courtney October 12, 2012 at 3:14 pm

You have a waist! I’ll have to wait to watch both videos all the way when I have a little more time so I forwarded ahead to the standing part, but the first thing I thought when I saw your one year video was, “she’s got a waist!!” Then I noticed how you move quickly and with confidence now as compared to before. It is really incredible to see what you’ve accomplished in a year! Congratulations 🙂
Courtney recently posted..Thoughts & HappeningsMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:36 am

I have a waist!! HALLELLUJAH!! LOL It is kind of crazy when your body starts becoming a shape other than apple! Thank you for noticing 🙂 And thanks for being here!!

Jack Sh*t October 12, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I generally like to leave silly-ish comments on the blogs I visit, but I have to say that your story is incredibly moving, Holly. Going from “too fat for the world” to where you currently are is a true inspiration. I’m happy for you and your family that you’ve been able to make such a positive change in your life. Now that you’re able to, give yourself a big pat on the back.

Keep up the great work!
Jack Sh*t recently posted..The Words of a BlogMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:35 am

You can resume the silly comments next time! LOL But thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I totally appreciate it and need to head over to your blog right now. I love your posts!

Lisa October 12, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Wow! Wow! Wow! Great job Holly! I just showed your videos to my students as they suffer sometimes from depression and other ills. YOU are an inspiration and God Bless You for having the courage to STAY THE PATH…
Lisa

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:31 am

Wow!! That is such an honor. This made my day. I so appreciate you leaving me this comment!

hopefulmother October 12, 2012 at 4:45 pm

You are amazing! Keep it up, awesome to see the Lord working through you and for you!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:30 am

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate that!

Tess October 12, 2012 at 4:59 pm

AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing the videos with us, Holly! And that’s exciting about Disney…woot!! 😀

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:30 am

Thanks Tess!

Holly October 12, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I’m glad I found you, what an inspiration!
Holly recently posted..10-12-12My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:29 am

I’m so glad I found you too! The two Holly’s!!

G Cottle October 12, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Congratulations on your courageous and amazing progress. I applaud your tenacity and especially your kind heart that has reached out to the rest of us to encourage us in our own journeys. Best of luck as you continue each step. You are amazing!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:29 am

Thank you so much! I”m glad we found each other. On twitter I think right? It is awesome that we all have found each other on the other side of the laptop!!

KarenS October 12, 2012 at 6:26 pm

You so inspire me. Such a beautiful heart, inside and out! Congratulations! You’re a warrior!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:28 am

My brother always says we are warriors fighting this battle so I loved that comment. Thank you so much for your kind comments!

Mercy October 12, 2012 at 8:04 pm

What a difference a year has made! Your desire for the change and all the effort you put into it have been worth it. Keep it up!
Mercy recently posted..Our Big NewsMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:28 am

Thank you Mercy!!

Paula October 12, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Watched them both, very inspiring

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:28 am

Thank you Paula!

Donna October 12, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Oh Holly girl!!!! Watched both videos, made me cry and then smile! God is so good, he is all we need. Have a wonderful time with the family on vacation.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 12:26 am

Thank you so much Donna!

Katie Anderson October 13, 2012 at 1:43 am

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you! You have inspired me (and a lot of family and friends) so much! So many times I have someone ask me.. have you read Holly’s blog lately and we talk about you ..lol. (in a good way of course)!

I actually have taken a bit of your advice (actually a lot, but this one has REALLY stuck with me). When you said that when you exercise to do what you can, even if it’s only 30 secs. You had mentioned it in another blog . And it has helped me greatly! Sometimes I want to push myself and then I remember what you said. And I back off!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 2:06 am

Katie,
This is awesome!! It makes me so happy and honored to hear that you all were talking about me!! Wish I was there to join in the conversation!! LOL Tell everyone I said Hi!! I love this wonderful circle of friends we have on here. And I’m so incredibly thrilled that the 30 seconds plan has worked for you too. It is so simple and yet so powerful!! Like you I have to remind myself to be consistent and build up slowly rather than try to take on too much. I actually had to relearn this all over again with jogging. I was trying to go too fast which is why I couldn’t withstand more than 2 minutes. Now that I slowed way down to a snail’s pace I can go 1 mile. It goes against what you imagine would work but in the end it really does get you there. Thanks so much for your comment. Made my whole day!!

Karen October 13, 2012 at 3:40 am

I read your blog from beginning to end, and am so inspired by your journey. I am waiting for the referral to my bariatric surgery center to begin a journey also, and I look forward to your future blogs. Thanks!
Karen recently posted..HOORAY!My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 13, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Wow Karen!! I know it took a long time to read all of it and I have to say I am so blessed and honored that you would do that!! Thank you so much for stepping into my world! I am so thrilled for you getting ready to take flight on this journey. I know wonderful things are coming your way. Will hop over to your blog now and check it out!!

Angie Mizzell October 14, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I adore you. One sentence at a time. One day at a time. 30 seconds at a time. A mustard seed. You rock.

Amanda October 15, 2012 at 12:51 pm

SO inspirational! I can’t wait to see what this next year brings!
Amanda recently posted..Back From DisneyMy Profile

Nikki Mohamed October 15, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I’m watching (well, listening to actually) the AFTER video right now and this, coincidentally, after watching the movie “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?” and torn between the LOVE ME AS I AM and OMG, REALLY? WHO THE HELL IS THAT IN THE MIRROR? feelings. I’m so happy for you that you are still on your journey. I think that we have so many things in common since we are mothers to a large family (I’ve got 5.) And I think my biggest fear is dying before my kids are grown AND what if it’s my autistic not-so-verbal kid that finds me?? (Flashing to Arnie finding his Mom dead in her own bed in the movie.)

I am ready to commit to this life change. Because this is forever….if I want a forever.
Nikki Mohamed recently posted..VulnerabililtyMy Profile

Fee October 18, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Holly,

You are my inspiration! You are truly beautiful inside and out!

Staci October 19, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I just today got around to watching these videos. I love them. This may sound really silly, but I noticed this. In the first video, when you sat back down in your chair, the camera shook. That didn’t happen in the 1-year video because you were able to sit instead of plop. 🙂 So keep plodding along like the tortoise so you don’t have to plop like the old Holly! LOL You look stunning, girl. You have the face of a beauty queen. Love ya!
Staci recently posted..Trying to PrepareMy Profile

Wendie October 25, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Finally got a chance to watch these. Thank you so much for sharing your journey.
When you tear up talking about your kids and Disneyland I teared up with you. That is something I truly understand!
Good job and keep on pushing on!!
Wendie recently posted..I Don’t Hate Myself TodayMy Profile

Angela January 15, 2013 at 4:28 am

Beautiful! Inside and out! Awesome!

Ruth June 19, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Holly, just found this (two years later!). Hope you are doing well. Love your advice, especially the thirty second “workout”. I was, at one time, a health coach and that is what I would tell people, start where you can. Also especially liked your talk about therapy, very important to work on the head, which is where we gain weight in the first place. Again, love this video, hope you are well. God bless you!