Weekly Round Up

June 8, 2012 in Uncategorized

Here’s what we’ve been up to lately

A few weeks ago I bought a rocking chair for the porch

Because I was so darn excited about fitting in that rocking chair at Cracker Barrel

That I had to buy a rocking chair for the porch

So I can go out there every morning, drink my coffee, and scream

“Hey world! Look at me!! I fit in a rocking chair!”

I ordered it from Target and it arrived in pieces

Savannah the official putter-togetherer of the house was none too thrilled…lol

But she put it together anyway!

Here it is

And CJ officially completed his first season EVER of baseball

This was SO exciting for us as a family

I was finally able to give CJ this chance

Because physically I could not get him there before

He totally loved baseball and for having never played before he did great!

Untitled

The cake was the one someone brought for their end of the season party.

You know I was NOT touching it!

Last week we went to Outback for lunch and I …

Sat in a booth!  I’ve been able to do that for several months now

And it never gets old!!

Untitled

I ordered the petite filet mignon with 4 grilled shrimp and grilled asparagus.

When I go out to eat, I bring most of it home in a take out box.

In case you’re wondering how much I can eat at 1 year out from my surgery

This is what my plate looked like when I was done

Untitled

A lot of weight loss surgery patients worry about their stomach stretching out

I can eat more than I could in the beginning

But I still have excellent restriction

Yes–I can force it or cheat my way around it by eating “slider” foods

But that’s where you have to fight to stay on track

And I’m still amazed at what a great job my sleeve does to help me on this path

Now here is something I did this week

That I haven’t done in years

I pulled my hair UP and wore it that way in public

Untitled

I don’t know about the rest of you

But as I started gaining lots of weight

I developed this lovely “hump” on the back of my neck

I even went to the doctor once because I thought I had scoliosis

They told me that I did have some curvature of my spine

Mostly from my BOOBS weighing me down!!

But mostly it was FAT

Yeah..that’s attractive, right?

Well it bothered me…A LOT

And so I refused to pull my hair up

Even in the Texas heat

But the other day

I did it anyway

The curve, lump, hump….whatever you call it

Is not that bad anymore

And on the other hand, I thought

Even if it is…who cares…

So I pulled it up and wore it that way

And guess what else I’m wearing in that picture?

A SEATBELT! It’s been YEARS since I could wear one and now it’s no big deal

For me that was a non scale victory

Something else this week…the kids got out of school!

Annabelle won the big Virtue award for 5th grade

Along with a few more

I was so proud of her!

Untitled

I had to take Charlotte to the doctor this week

And while we were there I noticed the scales they have!

Untitled

Here was one they had in the room next door

Untitled

Now if I had a scale that looked like that

Maybe I wouldn’t mind standing on it!!

I think they need to re-think the way they market scales

Because I definitely want a princess one

But the train theme could work too

Especially for those weeks you get derailed!

Savannah started Driver’s Ed this week

I can’t believe my baby is going to be driving a car

While we were waiting for her

We headed to Luby’s

Where I ate this

Untitled

Another example of the sleeve’s restriction still holding up one year out

Although choosing the fish over some of the other not so healthy choices was ALL ME !!!

I took the kids to the library to sign them up for Summer Reading

This is the tiny chair they had in the kids area

Untitled

And this is me sitting in it!!!!

Untitled

Lego Kits have been keeping my little ones entertained. Some of those are pretty complicated so I’m impressed!

Untitled

Another amazing thing about losing weight is fitting in the hairdresser’s chair!

For several years this has been a virtual impossibility for me

Every time I get my hair done it’s a thrill

The great part about losing your ability to do things

Is that gaining them back makes the menial things suddenly meaningful

I will never take getting my hair done for granted AGAIN!

Untitled

And that rounds out my week!

How was yours?

Liz June 9, 2012 at 12:09 am

I love the pic of you after getting your hair done, so pretty! Portion control is not a friend of mine when I go out to eat. I almost always will clean my plate, especially if it’s something I really really wanted and haven’t had in a while so good for you!
Liz recently posted..Fake It Til You Make ItMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 9, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Thanks Liz!! I totally know what you mean about the clean plate club. I used to be a card carrying member of that! maybe even the President! lol
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Weekly Round UpMy Profile

Chetney June 9, 2012 at 12:31 am

O my goodness I love your hair!! Plus I’m jealous of your perfect teeth! I’m so proud of your portion control, I think I would have a really hard time with that part. I try not to eat out so much because I have a problem/ obsession with cleaning my plate. At home, I make this work by making sure my plate has the right portions on it so I can clean my plate without issue. I could ask the waitress to bag half my food before I eat it, but sometimes I feel too embaressed to ask 🙁 Must work on!
Chetney recently posted..Where I’ve Been/ Redecorating Video!My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 9, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Thanks you so much! But I have to admit I do not have perfect teeth! In fact when I looked at this picture the first thing I noticed was the tooth that has moved backward on the right side of my face (left side when you’re seeing the pic) and to me that stands out. Another example of how hard we can be on ourselves?! I saw messed up teeth and you saw perfect teeth! Ok I’m going with YOUR vision!!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Weekly Round UpMy Profile

Mari June 9, 2012 at 1:31 am

I know the trill of fitting easily into a booth! Hooray for you – you really are an inspiration!
PS – love the haircut!
Mari recently posted..Global Warming?My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 9, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Thanks Mari!! And way to go on fitting in the booth too. You are right. It is a thrill!!!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Weekly Round UpMy Profile

Jill June 9, 2012 at 2:05 am

WOW! Thats a beautiful picture. I love hearing about all of your milestones. Thanks again for the inspiration.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 9, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Thanks Jill!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Weekly Round UpMy Profile

Caron June 9, 2012 at 2:42 am

You are so beautiful in that last picture. Your kids are great posing for pictures and I especially love the little guy holding his trophy. So sweet. Keep up the great work Holly. I love your blog. 🙂
Caron recently posted..MultitaskingMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 9, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Thanks Caron!! I guess my kids are so used to having pictures taken. They know I’m the crazzy mommy with the camera and if you don’t smile we’ll be taking 500 more until you do!! lol..my poor kids 🙂
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Weekly Round UpMy Profile

Lady Amanda June 9, 2012 at 4:20 am

Loved all of the pictures- am soo excited about the awesome rocking chairs!!!! Can’t wait to rock in them sometime. The kids all look adorable- as usual. And the last pic of you is incredibly awesome! You look fab!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 9, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Thanks Amanda!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Weekly Round UpMy Profile

Sarah June 9, 2012 at 8:53 am

I love your hair Holly.
You obviously have a lot of restriction and will power. I find it really hard not to keep picking at my food after I am done. How do you manage it?
Sarah recently posted..BYOCMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 9, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Thanks Sarah! Well I will say that the restriction from my sleeve really helps. At the same time, I have learned that you can push the restriction by eating the wrong things or eating too much too often etc. I have good weeks and bad weeks. But one of my main tricks to not cleaning my plate is not ordering what I really want. That’s the truth. I don’t really care for fish that much . It was good but it’s not my first choice. I like steak too but I would much rather have the Onion Mum from Outback!! I make a point to eat things that are not my top choice. Then I’m not tempted to overeat them. I know it’s a strange way to live but I have to do it. If I eat things I looove, I could end up in real trouble!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Weekly Round UpMy Profile

Leigh Costa June 9, 2012 at 12:11 pm

So many nsv:-) You are so inspirational…and so beautiful too!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 9, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Thanks Leigh!!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Weekly Round UpMy Profile

Trish @I_am_Succeeding June 9, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Beautiful! That’s what you are!!
My week had some aha moments…so good!
Trish @I_am_Succeeding recently posted..The BreakwaterMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 9, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Thanks Trish!!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Weekly Round UpMy Profile

Lynn June 9, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Love the hair and your daughter’s dress is beautiful! I had a pretty good week….totally back on track with my workouts and such and it feels great. Having a great support system helps…a lot. Went this morning and got some more tennis balls, disck golf fisbees and a new tennis racket for my daughter. 🙂
Lynn recently posted..So, when you skip weight lifting for 3 weeksMy Profile

Trece Wyman June 9, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Girl, you are BEAUTIFUL!! I mean, WOW!! Congrats on all of the NSVs this week. I had a pretty big moment last night, as I got into bed. I was realizing that it is easier to do, and rolling over is easier, since I’ve lost some weight. But the thing that made me sit up and take notice was that I said, out loud to myself, “This time I’m going all the way”! I mean, all the way to goal. I have NEVER said that, in all of the many years I’ve dieted. WOW!!
Trece Wyman recently posted..More PagesMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 10, 2012 at 1:37 am

Trece! That is SO AWESOME!! I am so glad you shared this too b/c it is so empowering and awesome. I am so happy for you! It is such an amazing moment to realize that YES you are going ALL THE WAY this time!! I totally relate!

Eleanor June 9, 2012 at 6:08 pm

So all in all a good week. I love it when I have those. Then they are there to hold on to when the week is going to great.

I understand the hair thing. For me, though, it is my face. My face naturally is short and round. When I gain weight it gets worse, so I want to leave my hair down around it to hide that fact. Maybe I think it will make it look longer that way? It must be freeing to be able to do what you want with your hair and not have the second thoughts about it.
Eleanor recently posted..Il est arrive! Yeay! My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 10, 2012 at 1:36 am

I totally know what you mean Eleanor. I have been wearing my hair long for a long time b/c of that. I’m glad to know I’m not the only one with that hair issue! lol

Tina June 9, 2012 at 10:34 pm

lookin’ good, girl!
Tina recently posted..Consult, baby!My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 10, 2012 at 1:34 am

Thanks Tina!

Tracy aka MyTinyTank.net June 10, 2012 at 12:57 am

You look so lovely! I love reading your blog everyday. You inspire me.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 10, 2012 at 1:34 am

Thanks Tracy!!

Courtney C June 10, 2012 at 12:58 am

You mentioned in an answer to a comment above that you don’t really choose to eat the foods you love when out and that that might seem strange to some. After thinking about it for a moment though it makes perfect sense. You ARE making decisions for things you love, i.e. hair cuts, pony tails, rocking chairs, your children’s happiness, they just aren’t things you can eat.

Thanks once again for another encouraging post! You look absolutely beautiful and joyful in your pictures, and your children all do as well!
Courtney C recently posted..The New RoutineMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 10, 2012 at 1:34 am

Courtney–I LOVE THIS! I mean I really really love it. You have put it into words perfectly!!

Christina June 10, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Such a great post and you look fabulous! How do you like the rocking chair? We need two for our front porch but am having a hard time finding ones I like.
Christina recently posted..HOME – New OfficeMy Profile

cee June 10, 2012 at 7:14 pm

All good things! So happy for you, you deserve it all!
cee recently posted..Sunny SundayMy Profile

Julie Rayner June 11, 2012 at 4:12 pm

You are such an inspiration! And you are beautiful!!!!

Julie

Nikki Nicholas Mohamed June 11, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I’m trying like crazy to make the right choices with food. Not easy since my hubby yelled at me for spending too much last week and I’ve had to increase the carbs to make the veggies stretch and we’re trying to go down to only twice a week of meat or chicken. *sigh* Dieting is NOT easy when you’re on a tight budget. But I’m managing to do the “push-backs” from the table instead of continuing to eat because it tastes good or I’m bored. I think I’m grateful that I’ve managed to wake up everyday with diarrhea due to nervous stomach for the last 7 days. (Still waiting to find out if Mohamed’s exam results were high enough to get him into the regular high school or if he’ll be stuck in a trade school.) Only 3 more days of water-weight loss to go before I know.

ABSOLUTELY ADORE the hair cut. (I finally went back to red hair. Blonde just looks ridiculous on me.) This is going to be an awesome summer. I can feel it.
Nikki Nicholas Mohamed recently posted..Summer SchedulesMy Profile

Mike Adams June 11, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Incredible!

I just found your site because of Zoey.

I’m so impressed. I have gone from just under 300 to 240ish, but what you’ve lost is amazing and inspiring. Thanks!

Kudos to you!

Adelyn June 12, 2012 at 12:35 am

I hope all is well with you!
Adelyn recently posted..Friend Makin’ MondayMy Profile

Angie Mizzell June 12, 2012 at 1:44 am

I enjoy you showing us all the milestones that aren’t related to the scale… things we often take for granted. And thanks for showing us pictures of you… you have beautiful eyes and a beautiful smile. I’m so glad you are discovering so many reasons to smile these days!
Angie Mizzell recently posted..Comment on This is my brain on sticky notes by Stacy S. JensenMy Profile

Elizabeth June 12, 2012 at 2:18 am

I loved reading about your week and all your accomplishments! 🙂 I have to admit though, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the last picture of you! Isn’t awesome how after we get our hair done we feel pretty even if we don’t normally feel that way (at least I do!) You Look Just BEAUTIFUL!! 🙂
Elizabeth recently posted..Not So Fat Friday- StandStillMy Profile

Holly June 12, 2012 at 5:17 am

Congrats on all of your victories! You’re right, we totally have matching hairdos and I have the exact same eyeglasses and sunglasses. We are twinsies! I recently fit my toosh into a patio chair at Starbucks and I was so excited I almost did a cartwheel. It’s such a good feeling to not feel like a prisoner of my body. It looks like you had a fantastic week with so many exciting events. And girl…no ponytail in the heat? I don’t know how you did it, enjoy your swishing tail every day now! 🙂 XOXO
Holly recently posted..Eating the Rainbow and The McCully Heritage ProjectMy Profile

jennxaz June 12, 2012 at 3:31 pm

love your nsv’s and dang you look so pretty with your new haircut…looking good girl!!!!

Kara June 13, 2012 at 3:17 am

Love the hair and that rocking chair!!
Kara recently posted..Walk TrainingMy Profile

Caryn Caldwell June 13, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Wow! You are such an inspiration! I loved all these photos, and how you talked about the choices you made (fish over some other things on the menu, no cake). Way to go! (And what a great example you’re making for your children.)
Caryn Caldwell recently posted..Snack EnvyMy Profile

joy June 14, 2012 at 4:34 am

Wow you have a lot going on. Love the pictures of your kids. they are adorable!! You are looking really good. So proud of you!! Keep up the great work and stay focused!!!

Aimee June 14, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Your new haircut is gorgeous – but of course, it’s just a frame for the true beauty.

Congrats on all those NSV’s!! I’ve been mostly offline for the past month (or more), but I’m trying to find my motivation. It’s been in hiding,and although I’m working out semi-regularly, my eating has gone down the tubes. I found some of that missing motivation this morning and knew a visit to Holly’s would help keep it in place for the day! You are, as always, an inspiration. Thank you!
Aimee recently posted..My Last Relay Post…For NowMy Profile

Jessie June 14, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Love the last picture! You’re beaming! Awesome on all of your accomplishments!

Mary June 15, 2012 at 1:15 pm

It sure sounds like you have had some awesome accomplishments to celebrate. Your children are definitely adorable. I remember when my son was younger and put a few of those Lego sets together. I wouldn’t have the patience or the skill. Kids rock, don’t they?!
Your new haircut is great. You look really happy. 🙂

Bill Dameron June 15, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Look at you all cute sitting in that little chair! Purple is definitely your color!
Bill Dameron recently posted..My Father, MyselfMy Profile

Sheila June 17, 2012 at 1:13 am

LOVE your hair Holly! And I love that you posted so many pictures. Your kids are darling as usual. 🙂
Sheila recently posted..Still Alive…Really!My Profile

Banded with Favor June 22, 2012 at 4:00 am

Love the hair length… Looks great!!! And as always, I love your chair posts!!!! Love them… I think of them all the time especially when I go to a place where my booty didn’t fit and now it does… ” I always say to myself, Holly would appreciate this!!!”xoxox Kristin