Would you pray for me?

May 30, 2012 in Uncategorized

Hey everyone,

This one is going to be different.  You know I usually write things in this one line format.  I don’t know why.  I just started doing it and it seemed to be an effective way to communicate lol.  But today I’m going to write to you in the same way I’d write to my best friend, Amanda.  I’m just going to write.  Consider this a personal email from me to you.  I’m not thinking before writing .I’m just writing to my friends.  I consider you my friends and I hope you consider yourself mine . It may be a strange friendship I admit.  We don’t know each other in real life.  We’ve never seen one another except in pictures but I love you anyway.  And today I just need your prayers.  So I hope it’s ok that today I just write you an email from me to you.  Most of you know I lost my mom not too long ago.  I’m going to share something personal with you . My family is small. Very small.  All that is left is me, my brother and my Nana (my mom’s Mom).  There is also my Dad and his wife who I have a great relationship with as well.  One day I’ll write to you about my father.  For a long time he wasn’t in my life.  That’s a story unto itself.  But for now, I want you to know that most of my life it was just me, mom, Lee (my brother) and my Nana.  That was it.  And I’ve lost my mom.

My Nana is 90.  She paid for my weight loss surgery.  In the last 10 months I’ve lost 160 pounds and regained my life.  So you can imagine that she is important to me.  But now she is in ICU.  And I don’t know what’s going to happen.  It was all so sudden and yet all too familiar.  Lee called me and left a voicemail saying “It’s important.  Call me right away”. I will never forget waking up to that same voicemail a  few days after Christmas when it was about my Mom.  I never imagined in my wildest dreams that any of them would die.  Could die.  It didn’t seem possible.  And we are not even done dealing with my Mom’s estate.  If my Nana dies too…you guys..it’s just too much.

I haven’t been posting every day for a few reasons.  I’ve been a bit swamped at work.  I can’t remember if I told you or not but I teach online.  Well mostly I assist in an online class. And I grade.  Writing.  So I spend a ton of time grading papers for people who are taking classes online.  And currently I have 43 papers to grade before Thursday.  You guys, I am SO blessed to work from home.  I prayed for that a LONG time.  So I’m happy but swamped at the same time.  Then I found this out about my Nana and it has me stressed.  Don’t worry—not eating stressed–but still stressed.  And a bit depressed.

Anyway, today I just wanted to write to you the way I would write Amanda.  Just write out an email and ask for your prayers.  I know God will not give me more than I can handle but in the last few years I’ve been feeling like He’s cutting it a bit close lol

I’ll keep you up to date if you want.  But I just wanted to tell you what’s up.  And I thank you in advance! You all have been such a beacon of light for me on this weight loss journey.  Sometimes I think without you I might still be 417 pounds. There is a lot to be said for encouragers!!

Love you all,

Holly

Kelly @CurvyFitGirl May 30, 2012 at 2:43 am

Holly – of course you have my thoughts & prayers! Please keep us updated when you can.
Kelly @CurvyFitGirl recently posted..Day 906 – A quick word about my BFF & Bikram.My Profile

Staci May 30, 2012 at 2:58 am

I’ve been missing your more regular posting, but I know life gets in the way of the cyber world sometime! I am SO SORRY about your Nana. 🙁 I will do my very best to remember to say a prayer for her, for you, and for the Lord’s will to be done in the situation overall and for grace for everyone involved in accepting whatever His will is. I can imagine this is especially tough on you! (((hugs)))
Staci recently posted..Well Just Forget ItMy Profile

sandie May 30, 2012 at 2:59 am

I will pray for you and I would like to be kept updated. sandie

Nikki Mohamed May 30, 2012 at 3:23 am

Praying, Holly!

Julia May 30, 2012 at 3:38 am

Lots of prayers! Every time you finish grading a paper- take a deep breath and say a prayer for your Nana and a prayer for the grace to survive this trial- you can do it by His grace.

Lynne May 30, 2012 at 3:40 am

Holly – Peace to you, Nana and your family. Lynne.

suzanne May 30, 2012 at 3:42 am

I am definitely keeping you and your family in my prayers. I am also dealing with the loss of 2 family members this week. “hugs”

sarah g May 30, 2012 at 3:48 am

(((HUGS))) and positive thoughts for your Nana and you!

Linda May 30, 2012 at 3:49 am

Holly,
My prayers are with you during this time. You are a strong woman who will get through whatever comes your way, but I truly hope and pray your nana is ok.
Linda recently posted..Reflections on past and present meMy Profile

Rae Rae J May 30, 2012 at 3:54 am

You are most definitely in my prayers. Love.

Trishajo May 30, 2012 at 4:23 am

you got it girl, prayers up. love and hugs, t

Trishajo May 30, 2012 at 4:23 am

you got it girl, prayers up!! love and hugs, t

Rachael May 30, 2012 at 5:22 am

You & your Nana are in my thoughts & prayers!

A May 30, 2012 at 11:09 am

Heavenly Father, I thank you for your protection and love for Holly. I thank you that you have kept her safe and in your arms as you continue to strengthen her and prepare her for the life you have already conceived for her. You are an amazing God.

I ask you right now Father that you squeeze her just a little tighter today and in the next few days. Let her FEEL you in a way that leaves no doubt that YOUR strength carries us when we have no more strength left. Comfort her and her kids as your will is done. Give them the wisdom to cling to you when it would be so easy to do the opposite. Protect them in a way that leaves no doubt that You are in control and that Your Love covers all.

In the precious name of Jesus, thank you.

(And Holly, thank you for the privilege of praying on your behalf. I agree that blogs give a “strange” sense of friendship–but friends we are.)
A recently posted..Living Fully in My LifeMy Profile

Liz May 30, 2012 at 11:14 am

I will absolutely keep you and your Nana in my thoughts and prayers. Hope she gets well soon!
Liz recently posted..Absolutely InsaneMy Profile

Diane, fit to the finish May 30, 2012 at 11:30 am

Just prayed and will keep doing so. Take care of yourself during this time.
Diane, fit to the finish recently posted..Do You Have a Weight Related Mantra?My Profile

Steph May 30, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Prayers coming your way sweetie

Anna Bana May 30, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Praying for you Holly! So sorry about Nana, I’m sure this is so tough to deal with, especially being far away from her, but remember that God never gives us more than we can handle. Hang in there! Love you!

Amanda May 30, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I’m praying for you and your family. Please keep us updated. ((HUGS))

Trish @I_am_Succeeding May 30, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Absolutely!! {{HUGS}}

Remember to take care of you as well!
Trish @I_am_Succeeding recently posted..MotivationMy Profile

Angie Mizzell May 30, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Hi Holly, I loved your mothers day post and just spent some time this morning catching up on your blog. I’m glad we’ve gotten to know one another through our blogs and am thankful you are allowing your readers to support you through this very tough time in your life. It will be hard, but you will make it! We’re rooting for you and praying for you.
Angie Mizzell recently posted..Comment on Who am I supposed to be… now? by Holly from 300 Pounds DownMy Profile

Mike TheFatGuy Campbell May 30, 2012 at 1:50 pm

HOLLY,
A friend of mine, Angie Mizzell, passed your website on to me.
First, prayers are done! Prayers are one way to support anyone at anytime.
Second, take care of you so you can be the best you for your loved ones and the people in your life. Sometimes that is a hard thing to do, but it is important. I learned that the hard way.
Last, my wish for you is that your prayers are always heard and answered. And, that you continue your amazing journey!
TheFatGuyTheFitGuyTheBEAST

Eleanor May 30, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Oh sweetie. I am so sorry. Remember that you are not alone. You are a strong amazing woman who has inspired and given strength to many others. I am here to give it back when you need it. Whatever happens and however this resolves, you have my shoulder and my prayers. She must be an amazing woman to have helped raise someone as awesome as you.
Eleanor recently posted..My Thoughts on AnimationMy Profile

Deb May 30, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Just remember what you told me: exercise is anti-venom. So make sure you get your walk on, and your sunshine in. And know that there are thousands of us out here sending positive thought and energy your way, hoping to give you strength to endure this next challenge of life being sent your way. XOXOXO

Kelliann May 30, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I am praying for you. The Lord will give you the strength you need to get through anything. Love to you and your family
Kelliann
Kelliann recently posted..Wow, what a mistake!My Profile

Lynn May 30, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Holly, I’ll be keeping you in my prayers. I know how tough losing a parent or a grandparent is. It’s never easy. But just know that God will be there for you as will all of us….if not in body but in spirit. Prayers to you and your family and especially for healing for your grandmother.
Lynn recently posted..A Trip to Remember Part 2 – Libby’s ViewMy Profile

Beth May 30, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Holly, I’m praying for both you and your Nana. Stay strong and please keep us updated.

Beth

Amanda May 30, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Consider it done. <3
Amanda recently posted..jurassic park: the only possible wedding themeMy Profile

Laryssa (Mrs. O) May 30, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I’ll definitely be praying for your grandmother and your whole family, my friend.

Tess May 30, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Holly–Prayers coming your way, my friend. Please keep us posted when you can. You are never given too much to handle, but I think God sometimes pushes us to make us see how far we can push ourselves. Does that make sense? Prayers to you and Nana. ~tess

WishfulShrinking May 30, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Holly,
I have prayed for you and your family. I have prayed for the Doctor’s taking care of Nana. I have prayed that healing light and hope surround you all.
I feel you are my friend as well. I am grateful for the strength you bring into my daily life.
WishfulShrinking recently posted..Find someone that has what you want and ask them how they got it.My Profile

Musharooni May 30, 2012 at 6:13 pm

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Holly. I know how tough it is to lose your mom–I just lost my own mother in October–and I can’t imagine losing someone else so important this soon after. God Bless you and keep you.

Lissa May 30, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Holly,
This was so amazing to read today not because it was a different type of post, but because you said things that ring true even to me. I’m praying for you right now. I’m praying that you feel less stressed. I’m praying for your Nana, and I’m praying that you’ll see HIS comfort, HIS love, and HIS adorations through all of this as you move forward. I know I only read your blog, but if you would ever need anything – just email!

Fellow WLS patient,
Lissa
Lissa recently posted..Reuse, Reduce, Recycle YOUR BRASMy Profile

Sheila May 31, 2012 at 1:35 am

Absolutely Holly. Prayers have been sent. And sending you a hug too.
Sheila recently posted..She Blinded Me With….WHITE!!!My Profile

darlene May 31, 2012 at 1:52 am

Prayers are being sent your way! Hang in there!

patricia May 31, 2012 at 1:53 am

Hi holly,
I can totally relate to you, I lost my mother,father and son in 4 years time and I will be praying for you…

Dawn May 31, 2012 at 11:13 am

Oh I’m so sorry I’ve been AWOL – I am praying for you. This IS so difficult. A phonecall also changed my life, so I do understand. ((( hugs )))
Dawn
Dawn recently posted..Characterized by What?My Profile

Kaitlyn May 31, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Hi you!
I know how difficult it is when the people we love are ill or ailing and death is never easy. which was why I wanted to share this video with you: http://youtu.be/d2SGzI4e5OA
As long as you remember someone they will always be with you.
Kaitlyn recently posted..Illuminating Blogger AwardMy Profile

Chandra May 31, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Holly, I will be praying for you and for your Nana. I’m so glad I picked today to get back on the computer and check in, so I can be part of praying for your family.

Please, keep us updated. I know I can speak for all of your reader friends in saying that we would appreciate knowing what is going on and how you and your Nana are doing.

XXOO
Chandra
Chandra recently posted..Thing About Thursday: What happened to Wednesday?My Profile

Jane June 2, 2012 at 2:22 am

Holly:

You’re in my thoughts all the time. Sending you my best warm wishes and best energy. Hope all is well with you and I know you’ll find the strength to face what comes next in your life. You’re a rock and a hero, you’ll find your way!

Hugs,
Jane

Faith June 3, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Thinking of you Holly during this time…many hugs, sweet lady.

Tina June 9, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Sorry I am just getting this one. You have my prayers for your Nana. I will also pray for your peace of mind and clarity of thought when you are teaching/grading. You are a blessing, my friend.
Tina recently posted..Consult, baby!My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down June 10, 2012 at 1:35 am

Thank you so much Tina!

Prudy January 11, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Sometime when you get a chance I would really like to talk to you. I am struggling with my weight. I was heavier than you and not too far from it now. I am going to have the sleeve done. You have been an inspiration to me. I will be praying for you and your nana. Thank you for sharing your story.