Whatcha Doin’ Wednesday: May 8,2012

May 9, 2012 in Uncategorized

Whatcha  Doin’ Wednesday is me giving you a snapshot of a week in my life. From last  Wednesday to this Wednesday.

So here’s what we’ve been doing this week.

My daughter, Savannah, and her boyfriend, Tanner, went to a big dance

She wanted to put hair extensions in her hair for fun

But she needed my help

It involved standing on my feet for over 30 minutes as we created this hairstyle

Something I could not have done before

It would have been too physically exhausting

It doesn’t seem that it would be that tiring, right?

You can always sit in a chair

But trust me…it’s harder than you think when you weigh over 400 pounds

And have no energy left to give

So I didn’t have to pull up a chair

I could run back and forth

I could just be “MOM”

Helping my daughter do her hair for the dance

That’s a memory I never would have had

Except for the journey that’s brought me here

Untitled
But it’s been a busy week

If you’ll remember, my daughter Annabelle became very sick with tonsillitis this past Sunday

I had to rush her to the Emergency Room.

She felt like her throat was closing up

And the Urgent Care clinic thought she might have an abcess

We had to race from one end of the hospital to the other to get a CAT scan

And I was so grateful that I had the energy and stamina to run with them

Because 10 months ago that was an impossibility

So here we are a week or so later

And she is doing so much better!

We had our follow up today with the ENT

And it was pouring down rain

We had to park far away

And walk in the rain

That can be a potentially slippery situation for anyone

But when you’re over 400 pounds it can be impossible

You can barely walk and IF you fall

You know you will NOT be able to get up again without help

Because you literally don’t have the ability to pull your own body weight back up off the ground

Kind of like when I got stuck in the tub

But instead of cancelling her appointment because it was raining

WE WENT!

And it didn’t matter that we had to walk half a mile from the parking lot to the building

In the rain

Or that we had to walk down 2 long hallways to get to the office

Because when we got there

I FIT IN THE CHAIR

It is SO amazing to take my children to the doctor and FIT in the chair

In the past I had to stand

They would always say “Have a seat!”

And I’d say “No it’s ok. I like to stand”

Because I didn’t want to say “I can’t fit in your chair”

When in reality I was dying to get off my feet

But on this day I FIT

Savannah (my oldest) still came with me

Because she wasn’t about to let me go out in the rain without her

Too afraid I might fall and not be able to get up again without help

It’s still taking us both time to get used to the idea that I can actually handle things

Pretty soon Mom will be all grown up!

Able to maneuver and go places without assistance!!

But she’s not ready for that yet….

I’m still the child going out past curfew in her eyes

Going out without a chaperone

Because I need constant assistance

But things are changing

Annabelle had an excellent follow up

She’s 100 times better!

And for now she gets to keep her tonsils!

Untitled

But now on for the exciting news of the day!

After we left the doctor, we walked down to the restroom

No big deal, right?

Except that it was a VERY big deal

Because in every restroom there is ONE handicapped stall

It’s always oversized and large

But there is only ONE

And this is mine

The one I have to go in

Because as much as I hate to admit it

I couldn’t fit in a normal stall

It’s not glamorous I know

Talking about toilets!

But it is what it is

And if it is full then you wait

Because there may be 10 normal stalls free

But there is only ONE that fits me

The handicapped stall

Untitled
And to be perfectly honest

Only the stall gets bigger

NOT the toilet seat

But you take what you can get

Except today

On this very day

I FIT IN A REGULAR STALL

I could walk through the door that was normal sized

Untitled

AND I FIT

Untitled
YES–ME!

Walking into a NORMAL bathroom stall and fitting

AMAZING

It’s been at least 4 years since I’ve done that

I can’t even describe what it’s like to walk into a bathroom and NOT have to wait for the only stall you need to open up

To have your choice available!

If there are 10 regular sized stalls…well I can take my pick!!

I know it’s weird to be this excited over a toilet

But pop the cork

This is cause for celebration!!

My girls and I were giggling and cheering

Giving each other Hi-5’s

Because Mama can fit in the stall !!

Don’t you know right about then someone walked in the door

As we were having a group hug and almost crying

I’m sure they wondered what was wrong

When in reality

It was what was…RIGHT….SO RIGHT!!

If that wasn’t enough to already make my week

My kids gave me an early Mother’s Day Present

A  necklace they picked up at a craft fair

And they said it reminded them of us

Savannah said I’m the big heart in the center

And they are the 4 hearts surrounding it

Untitled

Does it get any better than that?

Trish @I_am_Succeeding May 9, 2012 at 1:08 am

Awe! Awesome. What beautiful kids you have! XOXO
Trish @I_am_Succeeding recently posted..The Bariatric BibleMy Profile

Zoey May 9, 2012 at 1:16 am

I read your earlier post, and I’m looking at the picture you posted at the end of this one… and you are so beautiful!! Don’t let anyone get you down, you are doing amazing things- for yourself, for your kids, and for all your readers. You look fantastic, and I am looking forward to seeing you in another 10 months!!

And I know I said it before, your beautiful daughter is the image of her beautiful momma!!

Laryssa May 9, 2012 at 1:16 am

I loved this! Your daughter looked beautiful for her dance. And I know what you mean about celebrating when you’re able to fit into the regular toilet stalls. 🙂
Laryssa recently posted..Taking RisksMy Profile

Linda Kuil May 9, 2012 at 1:48 am

It’s all of those little non-scale victories that make losing every pound worth it!!! I will never take going into a bathroom stall for granted again! Can’t wait to hear what else is next for you!
Linda Kuil recently posted..A Picture Is Worth 1200+ WordsMy Profile

Linda Sherwood May 9, 2012 at 1:52 am

Your Savannah reminds me of me and my dad. I used to have to put his shoes and socks on for him. I was his legs whenever we were out and about. He’d sit in the car and direct me where to go and what to bring back to him.

But I really posted because I wanted to say that in that picture showing off your new necklace, I don’t see any double chins. You look great!
Linda Sherwood recently posted..Cone of SilenceMy Profile

Staci May 9, 2012 at 2:01 am

So is Savannah gonna go with you on your upcoming DATES in the future, because honey you look GOOD! 🙂 That is so hilarious about the bathroom stall group hug/celebration and the person walking in. My daughter, a couple years ago in her innocence, was in a handicap stall and thoughtfully said “Mom, do you need this one? I know it’s a lot bigger than the one you’re in.” Ugh. LOL
Staci recently posted..WI Results and Sheer JoyMy Profile

Faith May 9, 2012 at 2:05 am

Holy Moly! Holly, you are gonna have to beat the boys off when college rolls around. LOL Seriously though, Savannah takes after her Mama 🙂 Beautimous!
And the stall thing is a huge NS Victory, hi5’s all around.

P.S. No, it doesn’t get better than that…what a treasure you have in those precious kiddos of yours.

lori May 9, 2012 at 2:37 am

I am so glad you have such a good relationship with your daughters. I’m sure their support has helped you a lot.
Lori
lori recently posted..MeetingsMy Profile

Debbie May 9, 2012 at 10:59 am

Love the necklace!!!
Thanks for not showing us how you fit on that seat!!! 🙂

Holly from 300 Pounds Down May 9, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Hahahaaaa

Lady Amanda May 9, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Thrilled at the new things you have accomplished this past week. Love the necklace. Loved all of the pictures.

Joyce May 9, 2012 at 12:43 pm

I have just about bawled alllll over my desk. whew!!! First, I too love all the “new” things I can do. That is one of the things that keep us going….it’s like a never ending reward system for all our hard work. Second…..I love your children. Well done mama…..well done!!!

Brenda May 9, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I hope you know how beautiful you are….inside and out! Great NSV’s.
Brenda recently posted..Words Can Be WeaponsMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down May 9, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Thanks Brenda!

Lynn May 9, 2012 at 2:33 pm

That is awesome!! I probably would have done the same thing…taken pictures and such, lol. Great job on your daughter’s hair and so glad the other is feeling better.
Lynn recently posted..The Proverbial WallMy Profile

Tess May 9, 2012 at 3:00 pm

What a great week!!! Thanks for sharing, your post made me smile wider than ever! 😀

Terrie May 9, 2012 at 4:06 pm

your daughters are beautiful, just like their mother.

Andthencameforty May 9, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I think you are amazing: I love your spirit, and I think I am in love with your parenting as well, as your kids seem extraordinary. Keep writing your story please!

Courtney C May 9, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I love the way you’ve trained yourself to look at all your victories. I feel like you must have consciously decided to do that, because I don’t think that is something that comes naturally to those who’ve spent a lot of time feeling defeated. Keep celebrating and showing us all how to celebrate what we achieve!
Courtney C recently posted.."Where’s Gracie’s Keys?"My Profile

Bill Dameron May 9, 2012 at 5:23 pm

You are so beautiful in every sense of the word. It really touches me.
Bill Dameron recently posted..My Brother, My EnemyMy Profile

Reggie May 9, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I love reading your blog Holly. You are so strong and I am always cheering you on from my PC :o)
You did a great job on your daughter’s hair by the way.

Samantha May 9, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Your daughters are absolutely gorgeous!! I love the older ones hair for her dance! So cute!!
Each week, each post you have a NSV! You are rocking and rolling!!
<3 Sam
Samantha recently posted..Maternity Pics!My Profile

Heidi Bryan May 10, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I am so happy for you 🙂 You are making incredible progress in the right direction. You are an incredible inspiration to everyone out there trying to be an awesome mom, and lose weight. Thanks for sharing your story
Heidi Bryan recently posted..Reasons Monkey Joe’s should have a margarita machine…My Profile

Vivian May 10, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Holly you are such an inspiration. I was reading my daughter some of your past posts. She agrees is also very impressed with how far you have come.
Vivian recently posted..What happens in Jail stays in Jail.My Profile

Andrea May 10, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Love the necklace and your daughters look so beautiful!
Andrea recently posted..Chicago!My Profile

Girl Child May 11, 2012 at 2:03 am

You are so amazing.. Your happy spirit comes through in your writing! I”m so happy that your life is filled with accomplishments.. You go girl!!!

Ronnie May 11, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Honestly, I don’t think it does get any better than that week! 🙂
Ronnie recently posted..Weekly Weigh-In #10My Profile

Maren May 11, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Congratulations on your amazing NSVs!
Also, you look absolutely beautiful. You do!
Maren recently posted..A letter to my old self.My Profile