Pictures of 150 pounds later…

May 5, 2012 in Uncategorized

I found this picture of me, CJ and Charlotte

Takenย 10 months ago

On my way out the door to the hospital

To have weight loss surgery

I’ll admit

It pains me to see the sad look on their faces

I thought it was time to update it!

Here we are today

Just 10 months later

And much happier

I’m a work in progress

But the kids said they can get their arms around me now!

And I can’t tell you how happy this makes me

Because if there is anything on this journey that makes it worth the cost

It’s your children being able to wrap their arms around you

And give you a hug

Hugs are better than chocolate on any day of the week

So here you go——>((((( HUGS)))))

Those hugs are for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Sarah May 5, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Looking fantastic Holly and your kids look happier too!
Sarah recently posted..Ten Things ThursdayMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down May 5, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Thanks Sarah!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Pictures of 150 pounds later…My Profile

Amanda May 5, 2012 at 8:41 pm

I love hugs! ๐Ÿ˜€ The best difference in those pictures is how lit up your face is in the second one!
Amanda recently posted..my London goal, or accidental stalkingMy Profile

Linda Kuil May 5, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Your daughter does look so worried in the first shot, but I LOVE the second shot! You’ve SHRUNK and they’ve grown! So sweet!
Linda Kuil recently posted..A Picture Is Worth 1200+ WordsMy Profile

kristi May 5, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Great job!

Brenda May 5, 2012 at 9:45 pm

You and your kids look so much happier! Congratulations on your success so far! You are an amazing woman.
Brenda recently posted..Zumba………….againMy Profile

Tina May 5, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Nothing makes this mother’s heart happier than seeing another mother succeed in her job of raising wonderful kids! I hope I get to meet you one day, even more than I want to meet Julia Roberts just to make her laugh that awesome laugh.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down May 5, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Awwww that’s so sweet!!

Amy May 5, 2012 at 10:49 pm

looking good ๐Ÿ™‚ keep up the great work!

Carly May 5, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Thats massive progress, well done!
Carly recently posted..Best Internet TV SoftwareMy Profile

Trish @I_am_Succeeding May 5, 2012 at 11:40 pm

I LOVE it!! You all look so much happier. AND 10 months! Holy cow!!
Trish @I_am_Succeeding recently posted..The Bariatric BibleMy Profile

Lady Amanda May 6, 2012 at 1:06 am

Loved looking at the before and after pictures. You look soo happy and pretty and the kids look soo cute in the pic from today. Love it!

Kristin@Bring Pretty Back May 6, 2012 at 1:21 am

YES! That makes it al worth it doesn’t it! You inspire me to keep working at my weight loss – I WILL get this 80 pounds off!!
WE CAN DO THIS!!
Hugs & have a pretty day!!
Kristin

Laurie May 6, 2012 at 2:36 am

I have to say I love how your honest about what you ate before. It bothers me when people say. Oh I got to 400lbs but I really didn’t eat much. I really dont believe that. As a human who has always struggled with my wieght I know when I gain its because I CANT STOP EATING CRAP. Anyway, it’s just refreshing. Thanks.

Eleanor May 6, 2012 at 5:27 am

I can appreciate your point of view, but is it really fair to judge other people’s experiences like that? I am overweight, and it isn’t because I eat a lot of crap. It is because I hate to exercise. As I have spent my life yo yo dieting, my body shuts down if I don’t eat enough, and the first sign it is doing that is gaining weight. We each have our own battles to fight, and everybody’s body is different. We all have enough crap to deal with without be judged by others with the same problem.

I am glad Holly’s story inspires you. It should. She is an awesome woman who has overcome a lot and fights the good fight.

I pray that your battle is as successful as hers.
Eleanor recently posted..Why is it so hard to brag about yourself?My Profile

Laurie May 7, 2012 at 2:15 am

I’m not judging, but scientifically, most people who are obese, eat too much food. And it is very difficult to admit that for anybody. Just like a drug addict. It’s hard to admit.
I’m sure there are a few people who have some kind of medical issue and actually just gain weight. I don’t judge. I just love her honesty. So many times I’ve been stressed out and wanted to eat a comfort food instead of deal with the problem. And there are times that is what I do. Good luck in your journey. And again. Not judging just observing.

Faith May 6, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Holly, the difference in your photos STILL gets me every.single.time.!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Love the smiles and HOPE in all 3 of your faces and you are right, hugs from your kiddos are better than chocolate any day of the week. Keep it up! Can’t wait to see what the next 10 months brings for you, my friend.

Kimberlynn May 6, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Besides them being able to wrap their arms around you, I also noticed their smile! They’re big, happy smiles. They must be proud of their mama!!!
Kimberlynn recently posted..Weekly Review & Weigh In (5-05-12)My Profile

Andrea May 6, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Love it!
Andrea recently posted..Happy Cinco de Mayo!My Profile

Lindsay May 6, 2012 at 8:10 pm

xo
that makes my heart happy!

Dawn May 7, 2012 at 12:01 am

Love it! Keep up the good work. You are doing an amazing job and your happiness is shown through the eyes of your children. YAY for you!!

Holly May 7, 2012 at 2:17 am

Love love love this post!! Their faces are priceless!!
Holly recently posted..Crab Salsa!My Profile

Sam May 7, 2012 at 2:18 am

Love love love this post! Their faces are priceless!!
Sam recently posted..Crab Salsa!My Profile

Amanda May 7, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Aaawww…I think you ALL look much happier. ๐Ÿ™‚

Andrea May 7, 2012 at 8:58 pm

How amazing for you. And for them. For all of you. How beautiful and happy you look. Hooray!
Andrea recently posted..Where I’m atMy Profile

Staci May 7, 2012 at 9:06 pm

The first thing I noticed was the kids’ arms not even reaching around you in the first pic but then comfortably around you in the second one. That says it all! Well, that and the 3 happy smiley faces.
Staci recently posted..So Here’s My SurpriseMy Profile

Kara May 8, 2012 at 4:11 am

Love the photo comparison! You are doing such amazing work. Your children must be so proud of you.
Kara recently posted..Deck nearly complete!My Profile

Reggie May 9, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Wonderful before and after pics Holly!

Julie May 10, 2012 at 2:09 am

One of my daycare wee ones is keeping check on my progress on how far her arms go around me. They didn’t at first and now her arms meet at the wrists. She gets so excited and I love that she loves me no matter but she’s proud of me and it is awesome. I’ve had this wee one since she was 5 weeks old, she just turned 12. I am loving this.
Take care Holly. Blessings!

Alana Jo @ Not.So.Big.Jo May 10, 2012 at 2:30 am

You look happy, healthy, amazing. Congrats on your success.
Alana Jo @ Not.So.Big.Jo recently posted..Day 129My Profile

Joy May 17, 2012 at 10:05 pm

You look amazing!! WOW! You don’t even look like the same person, your face looks so happy and bright in the second picture! I am really impressed with your determination and hard work. Keep it up!!

KLG May 18, 2012 at 1:17 am

The changes, in both your weight and your children’s smile, is amazing and wonderful to see! My hubby notices when I lose weight when he hugs me and he can get more of his arms around me ๐Ÿ™‚
KLG recently posted..How Do You Explain?My Profile