I can see!

May 4, 2012 in Uncategorized

I’ve been wearing the same glasses for about 3 years

It was WAY past time for a new prescription

My glasses had scratches and chips which made it hard to see out of them

Untitled

But by the time I got to 417, I could barely walk

And I definitely could not fit in the chair at the eye doctor’s office

And if you can’t fit in the chair–then you can’t get an eye exam

And you can’t get new glasses

I could have used the old prescription to get new ones

But that would have involved going to Lenscrafters

And sitting in more chairs–that ROLL

Chairs have been my enemy for a very long time now

It’s bad enough that most of them have arms which makes it impossible for me to fit in them

But wheels??

It takes a tremendous amount of effort to get yourself into a chair at 417 pounds

Putting wheels on it so that it moves while you’re trying to sit down is just asking for trouble

Because ending up on the floor at 417 pounds is going to be a lot more than just embarrassing

It’s going to involve a team to get you up again

Besides it takes energy to walk from the car to Lenscrafters

Energy I didn’t have

So I wore the glasses I had

Even though they gave me horrible headaches from not being strong enough

And having to look through the scratches and chips

But not anymore!

I was finally able to fit in the chair at the eye doctor’s office!

My first new pair of glasses in 3 years!

Here’s the chair in the waiting room

Untitled

And here I am FITTING in it!

Untitled

How about this tiny one??

Untitled

I can fit on this one too!! WOO HOO!

Untitled

Here I am finally getting my eyes examined!!

Untitled

There is something just amazing about being able to finally see clearly again

And that’s a lot like my life

For so long things seemed blurry and painful

I wanted so badly to see the way

But something was clouding my vision

The “prescription” I was using was all wrong

And the scratches and chips of my life were blinding me to the way I needed to go

But sometimes with a new perspective, things can become clear again

And now I have that chance

I can view life without the same “headache” that I did 150 pounds ago

And trust me–it’s a great view!

And those wheels on the chairs?

You will not defeat me!!

150 pounds lighter makes it far easier to maneuver this thing

No longer is this like a mechanical bull waiting to throw me off!

Untitled

I cannot tell you the insurmountable JOY it brings to me to finally be able to see again without the headaches involved with a weak prescription and looking through chips and scratches.

I can see!

Untitled

I was blind but now I see–John 9:25

Lady Amanda May 4, 2012 at 2:47 am

Love that last picture- you look soo pretty!

Staci May 4, 2012 at 5:06 am

I wear contacts, but I just got my first glasses this Febrary since I was 18 years old!!! Isn’t that crazy? I’m 33, btw. I just don’t have vision insurance and we were broke and I had contacts so glasses always was last on the list. LOL But still, I know what you mean. I love taking my contacts out at night now and wearing my glasses. Cool! Your mechanical bull statement cracked. me. up. 🙂
Staci recently posted..Trucking AlongMy Profile

Caron May 4, 2012 at 5:45 am

I was smiling as I read this. Being able to sit in those chairs is kind of like slaying dragons that have been holding you back. Your new glasses are very attractive in addition to being useful. Love, love, love all the beautiful smiles in your pictures. 🙂
Caron recently posted..I Probably Worry Too MuchMy Profile

Joanna May 4, 2012 at 10:56 am

I love how you’re able to take ordinary things from life and apply them to your journey – it really makes me stop and say “huh”.

Just an FYI – only for money saving purposes – but have you checked out eyebuydirect.com. That’s where I order my glasses. They cost me about $15-$20 – and that’s WITH lenses! They also send great coupons for buy one get one free. Just something you might want to check out if you want to order a back up pair. 🙂
Joanna recently posted..Finally FridayMy Profile

Linda Kuil May 4, 2012 at 12:21 pm

LOVE your new pair!
Linda Kuil recently posted..A Picture Is Worth 1200+ WordsMy Profile

Ronda May 4, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Love the new look. Congrats to you!
Ronda recently posted..What Better Way to Catch Up..My Profile

Lisa May 4, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Doesn’t it feel great! WAY TO GO!!!! Btw, I LOVe your shoes! 🙂

– Lisa
Lisa recently posted..Updated Comparison Face picMy Profile

Trish @I_am_Succeeding May 4, 2012 at 1:23 pm

LOVE the new glasses and oh yes I totally can relate!
Trish @I_am_Succeeding recently posted..Many Roads Lead to SuccessMy Profile

Faith May 4, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I love your new glasses, so cute! I’m glad you were able to get in there and get the new ones…headaches and blurry vision would drive me bonkers.

Tess May 4, 2012 at 2:49 pm

AWWWESOOOOME!!!!! 😀 Good for you for taking care of your SELF!!

Theresa May 4, 2012 at 2:57 pm

This makes me so happy to read! You have broken free from the prison that held you, in soooo many ways. I keep saying it, because it’s true, you are such an inspiration. I’m 31 pounds from my goal and I keep thinkinig I can’t get there. Then I read your courageous story and you make me want to do better. Thank you!
Theresa recently posted..Finding inspiration…My Profile

sandra May 4, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Love the glasses. Very complimentary.

Sandra

Nikki Mohamed May 4, 2012 at 4:17 pm

LoVe the new spectacles! You are beautiful!
So do you still feel like you’re drunk or walking underwater with the new prescription? I am lazy when I live in the US about getting my eyes examined. Here in Egypt, it’s just nuts to go get new glasses that I really like. Frames for guys are easy to find but I hate the women’s selection. And people here give their opinions as though they are facts in the Library of Congress and give you crap for picking what YOU want instead of what they want to sell you. (Don’t get me wrong….I’ve got big ovaries! So I tell them off. But not everyone is me and end up with some horrible pair of glasses because someone humiliated them into buying overpriced crap!)

YOU are a rock star anyway. And now, you LOOK like one with the new glasses. 😉
Nikki Mohamed recently posted..I KNOW That It’s Wrong, But…My Profile

Carrie May 4, 2012 at 5:16 pm

FABULOUS! Love the new look!

And this is a great reminder that I need to stop putting off getting my glasses updated.

Old habits are hard to break!
Carrie recently posted..I apparently now like the word ‘bountiful’ and well…I’ve always liked moonpies.My Profile

Steelers6 May 4, 2012 at 5:42 pm

They look great! Interesting post, bc I did not really realize how *chairs* are the enemy for some ppl. Or furthermore, chairs with WHEELS! (But now you have your strong core, thanks to working out!)

Cute outfit in the exam chair. (pedi & all)

I am so happy for you, and proud of you for taking care of YOU. Something that does not come easily for all Moms.

Happy Mothers Day! Early, yes, but we get to celebrate for the month I think.
Chrissy

Kimberlynn May 4, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Love the glasses…you look great in them!
Kimberlynn recently posted..You Might Need a Personal Trainer If…My Profile

Carly May 5, 2012 at 1:01 am

I always like to get a new pair, I like the trying on and the picking but no matter what I do and how much advice I take I always feel dizzy in new glasses for the first few hours, which is the perfect excuse to take things easy!
Carly recently posted..quick insurance quoteMy Profile

Jane May 5, 2012 at 1:42 am

Love the new glasses. And look at all those evil chairs, you are having a total A$$ kicking week. First the marathon at the hospital and now all those evil tiny chairs! Woot Woot… happy dance, happy dance!!! 🙂

Joy May 5, 2012 at 4:26 am

What a great story!! People who are not over weight to not understand the worry we go through with those damn arm chairs!! So happy for you 🙂 I remember the first time I didn’t have to squeeze myself in a movie chair it was such a great feeling 🙂
Joy recently posted..I see a difference!My Profile

Sheila May 5, 2012 at 1:48 pm

LOVE THIS POST!!!!

Kara May 5, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Congratulations! Must feel great!
Kara recently posted..I want something special to eatMy Profile

Ronnie May 8, 2012 at 12:51 am

Ah, I missed my daily dose of Holly!

So glad you can finally see once more. 🙂

Trece Wyman May 10, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Hooray for new glasses!! We just got vision insurance, so I’ll be getting an exam and new glasses soon!
Trece Wyman recently posted..More PagesMy Profile

Sam May 14, 2012 at 3:52 am

That is such an awesome day!! Great job on the new glasses and the new outlook on life! How fitting that you got new glasses and new eyes on life 🙂
<3 Sam