Be your own Super Hero

May 15, 2012 in Uncategorized

Annabelle a few years ago 🙂

Kids love a Super Hero

I know mine do!

We saw the Avengers this past weekend

And they all loved it

And have you ever noticed

That often the superhero started out as the underdog?

Like Captain America

Or Spider Man

They didn’t always have great power

But something happened

And a power was bestowed on them

That gave them the ability

To fight

To perservere

To survive

But those are superheroes right?

And what are we compared to that?

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

We’ve all heard it said a thousand times

But is this really true?

I’ve had bad days

And setbacks

I’ve been through divorce

And the loss of my mother

I’ve struggled with depression

And anxiety

And countless tearful nights as a single mom

I’ve been so obese I could barely walk

Or fit behind the wheel of a car

Or attend my own children’s events

I’ve been lonely

And scared

And so stricken with grief

That I thought I might die

But I didn’t

And since those things didn’t kill me

The question is

Did they make me stronger?

Well… the answer is YES

And while I may not be a superhero

I know what it’s like

To feel powerless

And then to survive some horrifying experience

Only to discover

That by the sheer act of surviving it

You were made stronger

Because you learned

That God in His power

Can give you the strength to sustain

Whatever comes your way

And I think if you will watch this video

You will find that truth to be more real than you could ever have known

Because if a child trying to face down a giant

Who could shrink in fear

And succumb to hopelessnes

Chooses instead to dance

Singing about strength and hope

And if in their circumstance they could find the faith to do that

Then certainly I can too

Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Staci May 16, 2012 at 3:04 am

I saw this video the other day. I was so happy to see the kids were able to have a good time, smiling in the face of adversity. Wow.
Staci recently posted..Frustrating DayMy Profile

betsyfromtennessee May 16, 2012 at 3:38 am

Hi Holly, WOW—am I proud of you!!!! I have been there… No–I was never as heavy as you were –but I’ve recently lost 80 pounds in a year. I have had weight problems since I had my first child –and he was born in 1963. I’ve yo-yo’d over and over. Every time I lose, I manage to gain it back. However, I’m going to be 70 in August –and finally decided that if I wanted to be able to walk and hike and not have so many aches and pains, that I needed to get the weight off and keep it off. SO—I’ve been working hard at it for a year now. I’m almost to goal —but as I said, that is when the hard part comes. People do not realize how HARD this is for us!!!! That is why I am so proud of you… God Bless You…

Thanks for coming to my blog. Please come back anytime I’d love to keep up with your progress…
Hugs,
Betsy

Julia May 16, 2012 at 3:51 am

This video is from the hospital where my daughter had her cleft lip repaired and will have other surgeries in the future. It is such a wonderful place of hope and love and yes, the message is so so true and inspiring!

Linda Kuil May 16, 2012 at 10:23 am

I can’t watch the video. I know it’ll make me sob, so right now, I’ll pass. You ARE strong- you’re a SURVIVOR.

Lady Amanda May 16, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I love that costume. It is really nice. I want one. I still have my wonder woman under-roo shirt. Wonder woman rocks.

joy May 16, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I needed read this today. I am hitting the treadmill!!!!

Keep up the great work and stay focused!

sandie May 16, 2012 at 7:18 pm

How do I follow your blog?

And I thank God for you – you go in my praise journal today.
I like you. I like your blog, I like your story, I like the music. I like the Bible Verse.
YOU ARE SUPERWOMAN!
YOU ARE STRONG!
I understand a lot more then you might think I do.
Love, sandie
sandie recently posted..Tuesdays TailsMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down May 16, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Hi there!! Thanks so much!! You can follow by clicking on that RSS Feed button that is to the top right beside the facebook and twitter links. I’m really glad to meet you Sandie!

Aimee May 17, 2012 at 12:57 am

I’ve heard a lot about this video, since it’s locally made, but I hadn’t yet watched it.

Today, we lost a beloved member of our community to cancer. It’s been a rough day. This video is just what I needed. Cancer sucks, but the people fighting it? They RULE. This is why I Relay.
Aimee recently posted..There Has Been StuffMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down May 17, 2012 at 2:30 am

I’m so sorry to hear that Aimee and I totally agree. Cancer sucks but the people fighting it rule. Couldn’t have said it better than that!! It is awesome you do the relay!

Dawn May 18, 2012 at 1:31 am

I so needed that right now. Got a lot going on in my head and I have a heavy heart. Thank you for posting this!!
Dawn recently posted..Towels and Gyms and Dancing, Oh MyMy Profile