The Dream

April 23, 2012 in Uncategorized

facetoface

Right after my Mom died I had this dream

And I’ve never told anyone about it

Partly because it was mine alone

Partly because they might think I’m crazy

But now I’m ready to share it and make of it what you will

I only know this

In my dream, I went up to heaven

But barely

And by that I mean I was peeking over

It was as if I had climbed a ladder and I was just barely at the top

And I was peering over

I could see things

But not clearly

I knew it was heaven

I could see  almost like an entrance

A path to the throne

And Mom was there

Wearing a khaki skirt

That’s funny, right?

But she wasn’t wearing her glasses

And she always wore those

On a chain around her neck

And she looked much younger, vibrant, healthy

HAPPY

She didn’t see me but I saw her

I saw her there in her khaki skirt looking beautiful with no glasses

But I was wearing mine

Because I can’t see a thing without them

So I peered over into heaven and tried to see her

But something was wrong

It was blurry

With my glasses on

So I kept lifting them up

And when my glasses were lifted off my eyes, I could see things clearly

My vision in heaven was perfect without the glasses

So this baffled me

Being able to see better without my glasses seemed strange

And in my dream I kept putting my glasses back down on my face and looking through them

Blurry

Then lifting them back up

And suddenly everything was clear

Confused, I thought, “Why can I see things so clearly without my glasses but when I put them on I can’t see a thing”

And then I woke up

With this verse rolling around in my head

For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.   1 Corinthians 13:12

I don’t mean I went and looked that verse up

I mean that laying on my pillow when I first woke up that verse was in my mind

So I went online and typed in the words

The words that filled my head

And there it was.  The verse.  The exact words that had been in my head.

And it explained everything

Why I couldn’t see anything clearly in heaven with my glasses on

But without them…it was crystal clear

Because on this earth…right here…we only see things in part…we don’t see the big picture

We can’t see everything clearly

But there our vision will be perfect

We will see things face to face

They will all make sense

And I don’t know if that was a dream or some God sent moment

I don’t know if my mom wears Khaki skirts in heaven

I just know this.

Now I know in part and then I will know fully

Even as I am fully known

And that is something to look forward to

Caron April 24, 2012 at 3:49 am

So beautiful, Holly. Thank you for sharing.
Caron recently posted..Holy Heat Wave, Batman!My Profile

Courtney C April 24, 2012 at 4:02 am

I have a friend who is a missionary in North Africa. She says in that culture dreams and visions are given great weight, and she is convinced that God uses those to reach out to the lost there. So, while only you and God have the total know on this one, I think there is nothing that says this is outside the realm of a God-given vision.

Thanks for sharing something so personal and special!
Courtney C recently posted..Over the WeekendMy Profile

Linda Kuil April 24, 2012 at 10:23 am

It almost sounds like an out of body/near death experience. Dreams are crazy! But what a beautiful picture you painted with your words!
Linda Kuil recently posted..Change…My Profile

Jacquie April 24, 2012 at 11:52 am

The timing of your post comes at the almost 2 year anniversary of the death of my dad and brother-in-law. At my dads funeral, someone told me when we die and look back on our lives here on earth, it will all make sense. Things we don’t understand now, like how someone can disregard others lives while texting and driving, will somehow make sense. I pray that they are right because, here on earth it just doesn’t!

Carrie April 24, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I’d like to think that was God sending you a little whisper.

This is a great read…thank you, Holly.
Carrie recently posted..You’d think I had solved a world issue or two by the way I talk about being so busy.My Profile

Lady Amanda April 24, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I loved hearing about your dream. Especially the part about your mom in a kaiki shirt. Too cool.

Margene April 24, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I love that! What an amazing dream and message. I can’t wait to see things clearer there.

I too, had a dream soon after my mom died. I dreamed she was laying on the couch and I ran up to her (why she was laying down, I don’t know) but I told her house much I missed her and asked her what it was like in the world of spirits. I can’t remember everything she told me, but one thing she said stuck out. She said “I never realized how beautiful I am”

Those words have stuck with me all these 19 years she’s been gone. My mom was obese and didn’t wear makeup – she was loved by everyone because of her spunk and love she had. But she was no beauty queen. But she was beautiful. She probably didn’t ever feel beautiful.

I wonder if we all are more beautiful than we ever realize… because we don’t really see ourselves as God see’s us. I think our character and actions contribute to our natural beauty and my mom was tops in that area.

Anyway, just wanted to share that with ya, as a fellow sister who’s mom also lives in heaven. 😉

Take care,
~Margene
Margene recently posted..Hard Lessons – Sweet RewardsMy Profile

Faith April 25, 2012 at 3:44 am

Beautiful post. 🙂

Kelly April 25, 2012 at 10:44 am

Wow. That was so beautiful, Holly. 🙂

EmDub April 25, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Holly my dad had a dream like that couple of months after my mom passed. He wrote it down right when he woke up. My mom’s grandparent’s and step father were there welcoming her with great big hugs. Her step father told her “Susie, we’re gonna have so much fun!”.

Of course I’m crying now! But yes we are fully known and that is such a beautiful thing. The unconditional love that knows our good and our bad and loves us through it all. Thanks for all of your posts, whether they are physical, emotion or spiritual health related!
EmDub recently posted..Oh Friday, BYOC!My Profile

Chandra April 26, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Amen, my friend! I am in a place of accepting the limited vision we have on earth and learning to trust Him more and more every day.

I feel like every time I comment I say, “I get it! I’m there!” but

I feel like you are inside my head sometimes!

xxoo