Crack the Confetti Eggs!

April 17, 2012 in Uncategorized

So last week my kids had their Spring Fling at school

Basically that’s a big event with games, activities, food, bouncy houses etc

Lots of fun for the kids

And a giant nightmare for ME

Why you ask?

Well let’s see…

It starts with parking the car most likely from a distance because it is packed

Then as soon as you get to the door there is a giant line where you buy tickets

A line where you stand endlessly before moving 2 inches and then standing endlessly some more….

You don’t stand anywhere endlessly when you’re over 400 pounds

And then there are the crowds that you can’t squeeze through

The entire thing starts from the front of the school, goes through the cafeteria, down the long hallway where you turn

And go down another long hallway

Through the gym

Out into the back playground and extends across the entire back of the school

There is NO POSSIBLE WAY I could have done this before

And that is why we never have gone before

NEVER

Annabelle is in her last year of elementary school

And yet THIS is her first year going to the Spring Fling

Finally I was able to make this happen

Finally I could take my kids without fear of the crowds, and the standing, and the walking

And we had a blast!

Me and my crew πŸ™‚

008

Untitled

Untitled

CJ using his baseball skills to dunk the principal!

Untitled

Charlotte peeking out over the top of the bouncy house!

Untitled

019

Amanda and my oldest daughter, Savannah

Untitled

Guess who got an MVP award at her school and was featured on the bulletin board at Spring Fling?

039

I never would have seen that bulletin board if I could not have walked the LONG hallway down to the gym!

And that is heartbreaking

But it will never happen again

Her pride in her accomplishments WILL be seen and acknowledged by me!

Because walking down that hallway is no longer like crossing the Red Sea

So toss the confetti because this is cause for celebration!

And out here Cascarones are a big deal!! Confetti eggs that you crack over someone’s head!

In the past, I couldn’t really participate in this kind of fun

After all I was either not there or I was “parked” somewhere by the front entrance on a bench waiting for everyone

But now I can be a part of the fun!

034

036

026

032

Donna April 17, 2012 at 2:45 am

Your blog makes me so happy and gives me such great hope! Continue on.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down April 17, 2012 at 4:34 am

Thanks Donna!!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Crack the Confetti Eggs!My Profile

Staci April 17, 2012 at 2:49 am

How sweet that your daughter is an MVP like her Mommy! πŸ™‚ Looks like a big day of fun! Soooo glad you could make this happen for your kids through your own hard work!
Staci recently posted..Why Do We Love WeekendsMy Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down April 17, 2012 at 4:34 am

awww thanks Staci!!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Crack the Confetti Eggs!My Profile

Steelers6 April 17, 2012 at 3:33 am

Looks like a blast! Aw, so glad you got to go. Interesting how you inform of the way things used to be. Some of us don’t know, and I feel it can make me more appreciative, as well as perhaps more sensitive toward others. We might take some of these things for granted. Thanks for sharing about the old lifestyle. I think the more that way of life is in your past, perhaps the more you will be glad you have it written down along the way.
Chrissy

Holly from 300 Pounds Down April 17, 2012 at 4:35 am

Thanks Chrissy!! I really appreciate you saying that!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Crack the Confetti Eggs!My Profile

Faith April 17, 2012 at 3:41 am

Love the photos! Sounds like a truly wonderful day πŸ™‚

Holly from 300 Pounds Down April 17, 2012 at 4:35 am

Thanks Faith!!!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Crack the Confetti Eggs!My Profile

Caron April 17, 2012 at 4:03 am

Fabulous. πŸ™‚
Caron recently posted..Time to Wear That Hairshirt? – 137.6My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down April 17, 2012 at 4:36 am

Thanks Caron!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Crack the Confetti Eggs!My Profile

Lori Bangasser April 17, 2012 at 4:17 am

I love you posts! I feel so much the same way! Its amazing now living life for you kids isn’t it? I had to sub coach for my sons soccer team last week. Panic attack! ME? I was 372 just a mere 4 1/2 months ago. I had a ball. My son made 5 goals, his teammates listened to me and they did awesome! My son asked me this weekend if I could coach again. I asked why. He said “I liked you being there” It wasn’t what he said, but how he said it. OMG! I might just have to help coach the fall session!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down April 17, 2012 at 4:37 am

Lori! This is awesome!! I am so excited for you and what your son said is precious. This makes me so happy. Thank you so much for sharing this. It makes the battle worth it. Saying no to those foods that taste sweet but steal away those moments from you later on. You are an inspiration!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Crack the Confetti Eggs!My Profile

Michelle April 17, 2012 at 4:50 am

Holly, I love, love, love your blog!! The pure joy you have in doing things with your children comes through so clearly!! I love the pictures and seeing all the smiles! Such genuine joy!! Keep up the great work…not only on your weight loss, but on being a great mom!!! And we get to do Cascarones next week at school! πŸ™‚ Our spring fling is Friday! Such a fun time of year! I’m so glad you got to experience it with your family!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down April 17, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Thanks for that kind comment!! I really appreciate it! Have fun at your spring fling!!

Trish @I_am_Succeeding April 17, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I can completely relate to this! So any things I have missed with my kids. I look forward to missing no more!

You are doing awesome and I am so inspired!
Trish @I_am_Succeeding recently posted..A Victory!My Profile

Vicky April 17, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I can so relate to this post…I didn’t attend many functions with my kids because I couldn’t physically do it. I feel very guilty about that but I think my kids are enjoying having a mom who can now do anything with them!

Nikki Mohamed April 17, 2012 at 2:02 pm

SO excited for you! And for your kids. That must be a huge boost in the pride department, as well as a continued motivator. Keep up the great work. This is my first visit to your blog site….but I’m going to add you to my list of daily reads now. You’ve inspired me to get my butt in gear and shed this extra 90 lbs I’ve been lugging around since I “passed” my first pregnancy test 17 years ago and started to eat 10 lb seafood and crab sandwiches from Subway. “I’m eating for 2! (what? football teams?)”

I’m jealous. Living in Egypt, we don’t get to have all those fun school-sponsored fun things. Frankly, we’re lucky if they get to have recess at this point. But that’s okay. We’ll just shove as much activity as possible into the summer break. (BTW, your kids are beautiful.;)
Nikki Mohamed recently posted..Pick Up Games in the Living RoomMy Profile

Ducky April 17, 2012 at 2:47 pm

YEAH!!! You all look amazing and SO happy! I love all those smiles and it does looks like a gigantic day of fun!!
Ducky recently posted..UGLee Pen -Review & GiveawayMy Profile

Linda Kuil April 17, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Holly, you look fantastic! And my gf always talked about the cascarones…I need to get back for a visit!
Linda Kuil recently posted..The Ball is Rolling!My Profile

spatters3 April 17, 2012 at 4:55 pm

your blogs always bring tears to my eyes whether they are heart wrenching or heart warming! I have avoided doing many things because of the pain or the physical inability (and normal sized people just do not get it so kudso to your friend Amanda!) and I am so so so SO looking forward to participating in life again.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down April 17, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Sheila, I know how you feel!! I really do. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment and you have no idea how much encouragement it gives me. I would love to encourage you in return!!

Free Julie April 17, 2012 at 4:57 pm

You are awesome. πŸ™‚ Great post and wonderful family! I am proud of you.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down April 17, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Thanks Julie!!

Free Julie April 17, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Coming back to comment on your comment on my blog, hehe, your account isn’t set up to email you back on comments. On the loose skin thing, I tried to email ya…

πŸ™‚ I hear ya, sister!! For what it’s worth, the loose skin…it’s the elephant in the room. It’s not like, “Oh, I’m 42, my body isn’t perfect,” or “I’m a little flabby there,” it’s more like OMG WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO YOU???? It’s a lot, and it’s uhhh, relevant discussion, haha. If it wasn’t so, umm, prevalent, I would be pretty cheesed at him bringing it up. But it’s enough that if he didn’t notice it, he’d be blind and maybe a little stoopid, hehe.

Regardless, it is a little damaging to the old self-esteem. πŸ™‚

Holly from 300 Pounds Down April 17, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Thanks for telling me that about the email will have to check that out! And what you’re saying does make sense. That loose skin is what we look like deflated hahhaa but I totally get what you’re saying! At least he’s not blind!! And he can cook!

Julie April 17, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I just got the most overwhelming happy feeling from reading this. You are glowing! What a fantastic occasion.

Those confetti eggs though. URGH.

Cindy April 17, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I read this post with the biggest smile on my face! Seeing the smile on your face, and the smiles on your children’s faces…the pride in your daughter’s eyes, getting to show you the bulletin board, etc. Just priceless! You are re-claiming your life!

Reading your posts today gives me the boost I’ve been needing to see the importance of living a healthy lifestyle, and not just a “good enough” lifestyle. Thank you for that!
Cindy recently posted..Back on the wagonMy Profile

suzanne April 17, 2012 at 6:51 pm

What a great way to have fun as a family!!
I think it’s important to remember how far you’ve come. Those are the memories that will help when you get a rough patch or plateau.
suzanne recently posted..Supposed to be a weekly update!My Profile

Holly from 300 Pounds Down April 17, 2012 at 7:00 pm

You’re so right Suzi!!!

Chetney April 18, 2012 at 2:07 am

I love your family!!

Dawn April 18, 2012 at 2:08 am

Am diggin’ the CascarΓ³n. Apparently, in Italy they were first used as a courting ritual, filled with perfume and then capped with wax. Men would throw them at women they found attractive. I think we need to bring this tradition back…ah ha ha.

Andrea April 23, 2012 at 4:45 am

Wow, you look really thin in the first picture!

FYI – for some reason I just had 5 of your blog posts show up in my reader today. Not sure why they are just now showing up.
Andrea recently posted..Weekly Weigh-In #47My Profile

nick0514 April 25, 2012 at 8:57 am

Hello Holly,
Great photos! It is a very wonderful day! I can see it on their smiles. πŸ™‚ one word to describe it, FUN!
nick0514 recently posted..Cheap Car Insurance QuotesMy Profile