Whatcha Doin’ Wednesday: March 28, 2012

March 27, 2012 in Uncategorized

Whatcha Doin’ Wednesday is me giving you a snapshot of a week in my life. From last Wednesday to this Wednesday.

So this week Savannah had a brilliant idea.  She decided to make popsicles out of Crystal Light.  And they were pretty good!  The kids really liked them too!

When I wrote my post the other day about “What I Eat” I failed to also include sugar free popsicles.  I do buy these and occasionally eat them but not very often because while they dont have sugar they do have a lot of carbs.  And if I eat too many this can stall my weight loss.

I’ve had this discussion a few times with Savannah.  Rather I’ve lamented over my inability to eat the sugar free popsicles from the grocery store regularly because of the carbs so she decided to make some out of Chrystal Light.  I’m kind of surprised now that Chrystal Light hasn’t done this on their own.   I think I will buy more flavors and experiment.

popsicles

I won’t mention that the popsicles were really hard to get out for some reason and CJ may or may not have shot one across the room when he was trying to force it out!

And it may have shattered against the wall which was luckily already yellow. So a little Crystal Light lemonade popsicle didn’t do tremendous damage

But we won’t discuss that one any further 🙂

And now I interrupt this post to bring you yet another random picture of me sitting in a chair.

I had to take Savannah to the doctor this week and this was in the waiting room. It was definitely one of the smaller waiting room chairs I’ve had to deal with.

As you can see, I’m crammed in there BUT I’m in!!

And now on to the really big news of the week.

CJ had his first baseball game…EVER!!!

Prior to the game, Savannah and I had found this pitching machine for him to practice with.

It shoots out tiny soft baseballs. I mean TINY. I suppose if you can hit something that small then hitting the real thing should become even easier.

Naturally, Savannah put it together because as I previously mentioned she is the putter-togetherer of most things in this house.

Our boxer, Brownie, was ready to assist.

CJ and Charlotte both ended up having a lot of fun with this little pitching machine. I do like that the balls are small and soft. So not a whole lot of damage can be done if it pegs them in the head.

I’m not saying that happened (it totally did) but if it were to happen then it wouldn’t really hurt that much.

Now before the first game, they had an opening day ceremony. Let me explain what this involved. It involved showing up at a muddy baseball field with hundreds of families. We stood in a crowd (literally shoulder to shoulder) for about 30 minutes. Then we walked over to the field where we stood for about 45 minutes watching the ceremony.

I can gaurantee you there is no possible way I could ever have survived that situation 143 pounds ago. NEVER.

After this, we walked over to the north baseball field to watch his game.

So just to recap….

I stood for 30 minutes in a packed crowd meaning I first maneuvered my way into the center of the crowd to find his team.

Then I stood for another 45 minutes during the ceremony

Then I walked all the way back to the north baseball field to watch his game.

Sometimes I can’t even believe the things I’m doing. I often feel like that man in the Bible who couldn’t walk and then Jesus healed him and said “Now get up and walk!”

Yup that’s me!

So here’s my little man at his first game!!

One thing we learned from our first game was that you have to be fast when it’s time to switch back to the outfield. One minute he’s sitting on the bench with with his helmet and bat and the next minute they’re calling the boys to quickly take off the helmet and put your baseball hat on and get your glove. Several of the parents were trying to help their sons get that done quickly. In the past, I would have either been not there at all or I would have been sitting helplessly hoping he figured it out on his own because it would have been impossible for me to get up and go over there.

I know he would have figured it out but it was kind of nice that I could hop up and walk over there to help him out.

Here I am STILL STANDING!!

Not only did CJ hit the ball when he was up at bat but he also managed to get one in the outfield and throw it back in! I was really proud of him.

Czesia March 27, 2012 at 8:30 pm

LOOK HOW CUTE HE IS IN HIS LITTLE OUTFIT!! I love it so much! I was waiting on pins and needles to find out how it went, and I am amazed by you! After reading this all I want to do is have a crystal light popsicle and pet brownie AWWW! You made me laugh out loud at the part where the ball hit them in the head…but no, no you would never imply that LOL!

Staci's Slimdown March 27, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Could I have a brownie and pet the Crystal Light popsicle? LOL Okay, okay, sorry. Sassy me (wink, wink). Your son looks absolutely ADORABLE in his uniform! Love it! Love that he is so proud and happy and getting to live out a "dream" and that Momma made it happen and was there for EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF IT. You go girl! I'm so proud of Savannah for being the puter togetherer. She is going to have a very happy husband one day if her husband puts together like mine does. LOL

Caron March 27, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Your kids are adorable but that uniform is the best! I didn't have boys so I never got into the sports things. You're doing great taking those chairs on one at a time and winning. Yea. 🙂

Tales from a Misfit Housewife March 28, 2012 at 12:02 am

wow I can't wait to look around your page some more! you are totally an inspiration! I am also on MFP my user is jdaley09. I found your site from North Idaho Weekend Warrior.

mommykinz March 28, 2012 at 3:46 am

Love the little baseball man!! My son is a baseball nut too!
Can't wait to keep hearing all the ways you're conquering your past!!! Way to go Holly.

Lady Amanda March 28, 2012 at 4:24 am

Loved all of the pictures. That is soo awesome you were able to go and be a part of everything. I am thrilled he had such a great experience at his first game.

Sheila March 28, 2012 at 4:34 am

Wonderful pictures of a wonderful thing (and something that most people take for granted!) I'm thinking that after where you have come from you will never again take simple things for granted. 🙂

LuckyEight16 March 28, 2012 at 4:35 am

That is so awesome! My son starts t-ball on Saturday, I can't wait! Those popsicles look so yummy, I will have to try those for my kids! Thanks for the idea =)

Diane Fit to the Finish March 28, 2012 at 4:44 am

What a wonderful recap! So glad that you found a popscicle that you love and that you are able to stand and sit easily!! Your kids are adorable!

Amanda March 28, 2012 at 6:35 am

I can't wait to try making those popsicles when the weather warms up here! They sound delicious.

And congrats on making it through the ceremony. 🙂 There's no feeling quite like those little triumphs in weight loss.

MandaPanda March 28, 2012 at 6:39 am

Too cute! And bravo to you…this losing weight business has turned you into an involved, awesome mommy!

Joy March 28, 2012 at 7:19 am

Your kids are ADORABLE!!! Cherish every minute, they grow up FAST!!

Way to go on all of your accomplishments!! You are getting there!!
Keep up the great work and stay focused!!

Katie March 28, 2012 at 7:42 am

I was actually thinking about making ice cubes out of crystal light. I think that the crystal light packets are too strong so I was going to make ice cubes out of it to put in my water. Now popsicle is a good idea too!!

YAY for standing!! So many people take being able to stand or walk for granted! You're son is adorable also! He looks very happy!

And Brownie what an adorable doggie! I would say I'd take her, but one boxer is enough! haha talk about energy!

Steelers6 March 28, 2012 at 8:16 am

Omw this is adorable. I think I grinned through the whole post. 🙂 I am SO proud of you and how this day was so different from what it could have been. You are livin' girl! I'm so excited!

Your whole little 'team' out back playing was cute too.

Keep up the good work, Chrissy

Ronnie March 28, 2012 at 9:42 am

The kiddos are growing up too fast! What a great bunch of kids you have. Going to have to give this Crystal Light popsicle thing a whirl! 🙂

Eleanor March 28, 2012 at 9:43 am

I am cheap, so I have been making my own popcicles for years. The key to getting them out is to hold your hand around the ice part for a minute or so to unfreeze the outer layer and help it release easier. I never thought about using Crystal Light though. I am going to have to try that. Way better than the Koolaid I usually use.

Bring Pretty Back March 28, 2012 at 11:07 am

Ok! Lets start with the popsicles -brilliant! Cheaper – no carbs – no sugar – on and on about how great this is I could go!
You in that chair in the waiting room – awesome! what a great feeling that must be!
AHHHHHHHHH! The baseball! Our three sons are all grown up and I miss the days of the baseball and football so very much! Enjoy every minute! And look at you partcipating because you CAN now! That is awesome!!!!!!!
There will not be regret when he is grown that you were on the sidelines in the car or on the bleachers. You were there and INVOLVED! Rock on!
THANK YOU so much for your comments on my blog!!! And thank you for listening to hte show!
I am working up the courage to do he you tube show!
I got the pic of the woman in that awful blue outfit online – possibly from the walmart people! oh boy!
I really do have so much to say on marriage-romance- relationships … I am no expert, I have just learned some lessons the hard way!
You are an inspiration to me!
Have a PRETTY day!
Kristin

~TMcGee~ March 28, 2012 at 11:49 am

Sounds like an amazing day! 🙂 So glad you are able to make such wonderful memories with your kiddos. Keep it up, Holly!

bbubblyb March 28, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I had to laugh about the popsicle "episode" I so know about that stuff around my house lol. For us though it's usually the cats knocking over glasses of liquid 🙂 Looks like a terrific first game 🙂

Andrea March 28, 2012 at 12:48 pm

So glad your son is playing baseball now and that you were able to go watch!

Kody at Skinny Sized March 28, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I saw these at Wal-Mart the other day http://www.crystallightfrozen.com/

Stephanie March 28, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I came across your blog from your comment on mine and I am so glad! I applaud your success and look forward to following your journey!

Mom to the Fourth Power March 28, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Hi Holly!!
Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!
It's a pleasure to find your blog… WOW! You are amazing. I love the way you are able to share your journey and feelings in your posts. I will be following you girl. 🙂

Take care and God bless!
~Margene

Lucy March 28, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Run the popsicle under warm water for a couple seconds – they'll pop right out 🙂

You know, the smiles on your children's faces is a testimony of how powerful your love & care has been for your children. Keep up the good work!

Gi March 28, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I recently found your blog and may I say you are such a wonderful inspiration to me! You are with out a doubt my favorite blogger! I look forward to reading your blog more and more.
Btw you have such beautiful children, I want to start a family with my fiance so badly and its pictures like those of your son at his baseball game that make me want children so much more 🙂
Looking forward to reading more inspirational posts 🙂
Gi xx

Cee March 28, 2012 at 4:59 pm

You totally fit in that chair! Great NSV! Looks like a nice week :).

Carrie - ASassyRedhead.com March 28, 2012 at 5:05 pm

First game ever! How exciting.

And sister, you look FABULOUS! And crammed in that chair my ass. You were NOT crammed in it. I am just so excited and proud of you.

I'm gonna have to try the Crystal Light pops, too. That's one of those "why didn't I think of that" things!!

Alicia@ eco driendly homemaking March 28, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Oh what a sweet adorable family you have!! What a blessing!

Andrea (ace1028) March 28, 2012 at 7:59 pm

First, I know I only just *met* you but I have to say I'm almost near tears reading about you sitting in the chairs and standing for so long. Yahoo for you!!! I'm so happy for you. 🙂

And those pop makers look fantastic. I have so many old ones that are awful, so I really want to find better ones. Where did those come from, do you remember?

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 28, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Andrea!! I think we got them off of Amazon! I'm pretty sure on world according to website. she has a list of things off amazon and I bought most of her list from the Meatloaf pans to Popsicles makers!!

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 March 29, 2012 at 5:21 am

I have a Boxer/Great Dane named Molly. She looks like Brownie but with the snout of a GD. She's a bit bigger, too, weighing around 90 pounds. Her mom was the boxer, dad was the gd. They couldn't keep the 160 lb Scooby away from 60 lb Belle!

Sweety Darlin March 29, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I found your blog through a different blog, and I have to say that coming to those moments are so rewarding. I am happy for you standing for so long! yeah mommy!

Ali March 31, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Does Land O' Frost sponsor EVERY league? We live in California and my kids shirts have the same thing on the backs!

Jessie Martinez April 24, 2012 at 2:56 am

I love the color of that Popsicle.I haven’t seen a Popsicle that has a cute handle/case like that. And also, your son looks adorable and cute in that baseball costume. Good thing he is into sports at a young age and were able to join in competitions. 🙂
Jessie Martinez recently posted..4 Chic Ways to Celebrate Earth DayMy Profile