My “Before” Video and 7 Month update video

March 22, 2012 in Uncategorized

Well when I started out on this journey I originally thought I would be making a lot of youtube videos.  However, admittedly videos aren’t so much my thing.  I prefer to write.

I do LOVE to watch the videos though that others make.  I just found blogging to be more my outlet.

However I did make a few videos and thought I would share them with you.

This is the video I made two days before my surgery

And this is a video I made 2 months ago…..for my 7 months update after losing 131 pounds.

I’ve lost a little bit more weight since I made this video and I’m now 9 months out.

I’ll make an updated video soon that is current.

To be honest, I don’t think I look all that different in the second video. In fact, I was kind of disappointed that I did not look significantly smaller.

But it takes time. The truth is when you get to be very large you could easily lose 100 pounds and still not see an actual difference. I have spoken with a lot of super obese individuals who have had the same experience.

I’m just now getting to the point where people can actually tell I have lost weight

But regardless, I could feel the difference long before anyone could see it.

So I’m not big on making videos but I’m trying to get better!!

It’s kind of hard to go from being behind the camera (you moms know what I’m talking about!) to being the one in front of it.

In fact when Amanda comes out for Easter she is going to take a picture of us as a family.

It will be the first family photo that I have EVER taken with me actually in it because before now I was too ashamed to actually be in that photo.

Which now I think of as really sad. Because no matter what I weighed I still deserved to be in the picture, right?

But I will be this time.

Pretty awesome, right?

Czesia March 22, 2012 at 6:39 pm

I have virtually no pictures from my heaviest weight. There is no way I would let someone take my picture. Nobody noticed my weight loss until very recently and I've lost 90 some pounds! LOL! Thank you for sharing your videos, I love a mix of video and blogging. I have been trying to make videos once or twice a month 🙂

~TMcGee~ March 22, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Maybe it's just me but I see a crazy awesome difference between your before and your 7 month post op video. Perhaps it is because you see you every day in the mirror so it's hard to see the changes like everyone else does (especially if we don't see you in person or on a daily basis). Keep up the great work, Holly…trust me..the difference is there and it is astounding. 🙂

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 22, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Czesia that is awesome!!!! I need to read more of your blog b/c I did not realize you had lost so much weight. WOW!! That is just totally awesome!!

Thanks TMcGee!! I appreciate that. And I appreciate YOU b/c you have been so supportive throughout the process.

Brenda March 22, 2012 at 7:07 pm

I agree with you. We deserved to be the pictures. Sadly, I was like you. I hid. I guess I was too ashamed of my lack of self control. Plus, it is no fun seeing yourself as you truly are. It was way too raw for me.

Carrie - ASassyRedhead.com March 22, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Oh, wow. I can totally see a difference between the two. Absolutely!

And to hear your voice?!? Heaven!

And yes…it is totally and completely pretty awesome for you to be in the pics. And I can't WAIT to see them!!

Staci's Slimdown March 22, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Since the first time I found your blog, I just couldn't believe the "now" pic was even the same person as the "before" pic, okay? There, I said it. I am worried that will come off mean because you were the same awesome, wonderful person when you were 400s. BUT you was beaten down with all that weight and couldn't shine at the capacity you does now. 🙂 You feel better, so you are more upbeat and loving life for the first time in forever. YOU LOOK TOTALLY DIFFERENT! It's amazing! You have a way slimmer face! You glow. I see your side-by-side pics of before and now. You look so sad and miserable before. In the after pic, you are a sassy thing with your hand on your HIP… that can now be located! LOL Keep going. It's only gonna get better!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 22, 2012 at 7:56 pm

hahahhaah Staci!!! you're right I do like to put my hand on my hip in pictures now!! I did that in the other one too LOL oh girl you're calling me out. But now I can find my hip I gotta use it!!

Czesia March 22, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Also, I was just thinking that I can see physical changes, AND feel a difference about you and your overall attitude! You seem so much more full of life and full of vigor! Thank you for shedding light on what it must be like for someone to be trapped in their own skin, even people like me who were obese need to be reminded of what it's like to live in our old shoes, and our own lives! You are so encouraging and are such a wonderful inspiration!

Czesia March 22, 2012 at 8:32 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

Czesia March 22, 2012 at 8:33 pm

http://czesialives.blogspot.com/2012/03/old-me.html Here is a link to some of my heavier pics. I was about 220 in these pictures, my heaviest was 244.

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 March 23, 2012 at 3:24 am

Your face is completely different!!! There's plenty of difference in the width of your shoulders, especially! I totally understand that you don't see it though. There's times where even though I know my jeans are 8 sizes smaller, all I see is the fat on my stomach. I think we'll battle that forever, unfortunately.

Chandra March 23, 2012 at 5:10 am

Loved hearing your voice too! I might have to "copy" and do a video…I am NOT photo/video-genic though.

I'm so happy for you! You look amazing and you are gorgeous, inside and out.

I'm so thankful to have found your blog. It blesses me more than you will ever know.

Tina @ The Bandit Girl March 23, 2012 at 5:37 am

So inspiring! That is what I am constantly hit with when I read your blog. You rock! You are a great mother, a brave soul and my hero. Also, I've been meaning to ask if your brother blogs.

APE March 23, 2012 at 6:51 am

Holly, you are doing awesome. I just found your blog about a month ago. AND your kids are the best! You are very blessed. Keep it up!!
April

MandaPanda March 23, 2012 at 6:57 am

Of course you still deserve to be in the picture you silly woman! I can't watch the videos from work so I'll have to check them out later but I wanted to tell you I know what you mean about people not being able to tell. My husband topped out at around 500 lbs and even 100 lbs down, people couldn't really tell. You're doing great!

Lady Amanda March 23, 2012 at 7:48 am

I can totally tell the difference. For one, you can now see more of the chair because your shoulders have thinned out. Two, in the first video you were leaning over on the desk and seemed exhausted- but in the second one you were sitting there perky and happy. Three, the shape of your face in the second video is totally different than in the first one. Four, you started getting soo excited in the second video and seem soo happy and joyful. Five- when you stand up in the full body shots you don't even look like the same person. You are doing it- and I am really super duper proud of you. I loved watching the videos- and am thrilled that you posted them- because the excitement in the second video is quite contagious. I am now soo hyped up I feel like I could knock out a few more chores before wild baby wakes up. Can't wait to see the future videos that you will make. Also- congrats on the weight loss this week- I saw that the counter has gone up even higher! Woo-hoo!!!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell March 23, 2012 at 8:26 am

I think you DO look a lot different. It's harder to see it in ourselves. Also, your tone is much more upbeat in the more recent video – yay!!! I'm so happy that you're getting your life back and you're able to get out and do the things you weren't able to do before. So very happy that you can truly live life again! Woohoo!

JC March 23, 2012 at 9:03 am

Holly, you look great. I celebrate with you your accomplishment. You are so brave to undergo any WLS. I look forward to following your blog.

Laryssa March 23, 2012 at 10:53 am

You so deserve to be in those pictures with your family and it's a true blessing that you have a friend like Amanda that's going to make sure of it.

I think that the reason you don't see a different in the before and after videos is because in your mind you still see yourself as 417lbs. I've heard from so may people that have lost 150+ pounds that even with the smaller clothes and the increased stamina, they can't help but see the "old" them when they look in the mirror. Once we lose that self-confidence, the self-image that develops is very hard to get rid of. That's a big part of the reason anorexics still feel "fat" even when they have zero body fat; it's how we see ourselves in our mind. But there IS a big difference in those videos. And I'm sure you feel the difference and that's what counts. 🙂 Have a blessed day!

Reggie March 26, 2012 at 10:29 am

Holly there is absolutely a difference! You are doing great. I cannot wait to see your family pics.

Gen November 2, 2012 at 11:18 pm

In just the videos, close up your face; in the full-body shot, I can tell in your waist. One thing I noticed was your voice had changed as well….it’s gotten higher…octave that is. Well done for having the courage to make a video…it’s something I would cringe if even asked to do so. Well done 🙂
Gen recently posted..Thankfulness Day 2My Profile