Charlotte’s Chicken Salad Recipe

March 19, 2012 in Uncategorized

Since CJ shared his recipe on how to make bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed jalapenos,  Charlotte decided to share her recipe on chicken salad.

This is something I eat fairly frequently and it’s quick and easy to make.

I tend to use the canned chicken over the tuna fish for some reason but you can use either.

These are the ingredients we use

And here is Charlotte (never one to let her brother show her up) showing off her expert chef skills!

You will hear her brother, CJ, in the background attempting to be the “Director” by whispering things at her.  And her occasionally shooting him the evil glare to be quiet!  And our chihuahua Coco in the background barking because she desperately wanted to be in on the show but instead was temporarily relegated to the bedroom.

I may have mentioned previously that I have an odd love for cucumbers now that I never had before. And I use them in place of crackers.

Cucumbers are crunchy which make them a good substitute for crackers. I buy the regular sized ones as well as the mini baby size ones.

Hope you like it!

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 March 20, 2012 at 3:18 am

We just had chicken salad for dinner last night! We just do chicken, mayo and chopped yellow onion. I may have to try the Greek yogurt now that I know it has Charlotte's approval! Too cute!

Linda Sherwood March 20, 2012 at 3:49 am

I love the idea of using cucumbers for crackers! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing, and this video is just more proof that you have adorable kids. Love the glares and whispers. 🙂

Lady Amanda March 20, 2012 at 5:15 am

Oh my gosh- that was hilarious! That was the biggest bite ever! The look on her face was priceless. Tooo funny. Love it!

Ducky March 20, 2012 at 6:48 am

I am a HUGE cucumber fan!!! Can't wait to use it in chicken salad. Not sure why I didn't think of that 🙂 I can not wait for them to start growing in the garden. They always taste so much better.

Carrie March 20, 2012 at 8:00 am

AWESOME!

I do believe I just met the next Martha Stewart! Only cuter.

(And that finger?!? I cracked up on the big bite! Be glad THAT'S the finger she's using, too.)

=)

I love cucumbers and have never thought to use them in place of crackers. That is sheer brilliance.

Samantha March 20, 2012 at 8:08 am

Love.it!! Love that you use.cucumbers.instead.of crackers too! It tastes so much better that way!

Ronnie March 20, 2012 at 8:45 am

Hmm, I've never had a mini cuke! Didn't even know they existed, really. 🙂 I have a strange new love for them as well. Funny how our taste in foods can change after WLS.

Super cute, thanks for sharing.

greenie March 20, 2012 at 9:59 am

Aww Holly. Thanks so much for your comment. I wish I had your email so I could reply directly. We can form a mutual admiration club, because I'm so inspired by you and what you have ( and are) overcome. You are just the sweetest. I think you are just great.
I agree, I have been brave. Sometimes it's easier to stay in an unhappy relationship because the fear of the unknown is worse. I've done that for many years. I finally got to the point where I just needed to do it. Lose weight AND my husband. YOU also are BRAVE! Maybe it took you a few years longer, but I'm also older than you. Your kids were little, mine are almost grown…that makes a big difference. It was also MY choice. Even though I didn't really want him anymore, I think I would have been devastated if I found out he was cheating on me.

Thanks again for your support. XOXO

speck March 20, 2012 at 10:00 am

Well crap I'm websensed from work from seeing video! lol(how wrong of my employer)

I'll check it out when I get home tonight.

I've enjoyed getting to know you better by reading your blog! 🙂

Sandra

mommykinz March 20, 2012 at 10:49 am

Fun!! She's fabulous! Love the healthy tips!!

Sheila March 20, 2012 at 12:50 pm

such adorable children!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell March 20, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I'd use the chicken rather than tuna as well. She is so cute and she did a great job. I loved her expression over the mustard stubbornness!

Sheila March 20, 2012 at 3:15 pm

She is darling Holly! I love the video!

Czesia March 20, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I loved this video!!! What a great idea to use the cucumbers!!