Be Inspired Sunday: AndersonFamilyZoo

March 31, 2012 in Uncategorized

So I found out about this blog last week and ever since I’ve been keeping up with her posts.

It’s about a Mom who just found out she has cancer.

And it’s serious.

She’s settling in for a fight and she’s sharing it with the world

Sharing her resolve to never give up

And that inspires me

Because I know how easy it would be for her to give up

To just stay in bed all day and cry

Instead she’s choosing to fight

If you read her blog you might want to go through the archives a few days to see how it all started

She’s right at the beginning and I hope to follow along her journey

Here you go:  Anderson Family Zoo Blog

RockBand Barbie March 31, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Thank you Holly for posting this link. My mother battled breast cancer 3 years ago. It was the most difficult challenge our family had ever faced. My heart completely goes out to her and her entire family…it will have a huge impact on all of them. I will pray for her health and healing. Again, thank you for posting this.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down April 1, 2012 at 10:43 am

Hey barbie!! My mom had breast cancer as well. I totally agree that it is a huge challenge.

If Only She Were Thinner April 1, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Thank you for sharing. This subject, next to obesity, is very close to my heart. My step-mom, son's grandma (didn't marry my sons dad so can't call her mother in law), and my grandma all had various forms of breast cancer at the same time. My step-mom had a lumpectomy, had her lymph nodes removed from her armpit and neck, and had radiation. She survived. My grandma had a double mastectomy, chemo, and radiation. At 76 (then), she survived. She is 80 now and still cancer free. Sadly, my "not legal" mother-in-law passed after having breast cancer for the third time.

I will pray for her and her family. – Dawn

~TMcGee~ April 1, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Thank you for posting this, Holly..it sure does put a LOT of things into perspective for me. I think I've cried all my mascara off and now I'm going to go hug my kids.

Overhauling-Me April 1, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Thank you for sharing! I've had several loved ones impacted with cancer. We always need reminders of our own personal blessings and reach out to others who could use our love, support and service!

Czesia April 1, 2012 at 4:40 pm

I just found out a week ago that my grandmother past away from breast cancer.. I didn't think we even had cancer in our family. It's very sad and so scary. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down April 1, 2012 at 4:51 pm