9 month video update

March 23, 2012 in Uncategorized

Yesterday, I put up two videos that I had made.

One was made right before surgery.

The other was made at 7 months out.

I made this one today at 9 months out and 143 pounds down.

Now…I honestly feel like I still look the same in this video as the others. It is quite frustrating.  Sometimes I take pictures that make me look smaller than I do in the video.  I don’t know if my mind is playing tricks on me but I’m not going to let it bother me.

The point is that I am losing the weight and gaining back my life.

So here is my most recent video update and have an awesome weekend!!

PS.  Shout out in my video to Staci who told me I’m getting “sassy” now with that hand on the hip pose!! Go visit her on her blog.  She’s the bomb diggety as my son would say 🙂

oh_mg March 23, 2012 at 8:53 am

There is an incredible difference! I entirely understand, though – we're always the last to see our own progress. That's why having a support system (on- and/or off-line) is so crucial – they lend us their eyes when we can't see for ourselves. Keep up your terrific work!

Jane March 23, 2012 at 9:15 am

Great update! I don't blame you for posting photos of sitting in chairs, it's a huge deal. I've never considered what it would be like to not be able to sit anywhere you want. What a dilemma that must have been: 400 + pound, you stand and there is no where to sit. I can see why it would hard to leave the house. I'd loooooove to see more photos of you sitting in chairs of all kinds. 🙂 Keep up the good work, enjoy the baseball game!

Gilly March 23, 2012 at 9:58 am

Omg I can so totally relate to the chair thing!! I STILL do it! You should have seen me when I finally was able to go to the amusement park and fit in the rides with my sons! So far, it was the high point of this journey for me! I, for one, will never get tired of reading about your "moments"!

If you want, send me an email…I don't know what size you're in now, but I prolly have some stuff I can send you!

Lady Amanda March 23, 2012 at 10:08 am

I can tell you have sooo much energy now because you are walking easier and you are soo bubbly and happy. That is sooo awesome!! yay. Love the new video.

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 March 23, 2012 at 10:11 am

Congratulations on your successes! You KNOW you're losing weight and there's a difference because you are in need of smaller sizes. Let that be your proof, not a close-up video!!! I told you, I think it will always be a struggle for me to NOT focus on my "trouble" areas.

If Only She Were Thinner March 23, 2012 at 10:24 am

Can TOTALLY see the difference and not just in your shrinking body. You can see it in your eyes and the way you carry yourself. Even the tone in your voice. YAY!!!! So happy for you.

Laryssa March 23, 2012 at 11:01 am

Seriously, Holly, you can totally see that you've lost half the weight in this video. Your face is sooooooo skinny and your *ahem* bottom is obviously smaller than in your 7 months out video. Keep on taking those chair pictures …. just think, soon you'll be able to have a chair picture with one of your kids sharing the chair with you! That's gonna be an awesome picture! 🙂

Sarah March 23, 2012 at 11:35 am

Errr Holly, are you blind? Just from the 7 month video, you're face has changed shape and a huge chunk of your bum has disappeared. It's REALLY noticeable from the side or behind views. If you are talking about the first video, then you've lost inches around your neck and dropped at least 12 inches off your waist. You move more easily and your breathing isn't laboured anymore. You are doing so well.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 23, 2012 at 11:46 am

thanks everyone!! Phew!! So glad to hear there looks to be a difference. Wow I can't wait to get my new blog design up and running so I can reply underneath your comments but suffice it to say you all ROCK!!

Carrie - ASassyRedhead.com March 23, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I think you are simply friggin awesome and I am ridiculously excited to see you get closer and closer to where you want to be!

My life got happier after I found you! Love!

Katie March 23, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Oh I see the difference! And it's very inspiring! I'm giving you a virtual high five right now! lol

Staci's Slimdown March 23, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Ahhhh, I was sitting here watching your video with my husband and he's like "Did she just say Staci?" ROFL. You completely caught me off guard! Haha! See, I told you that you were getting sassy! 😉

Anonymous March 24, 2012 at 3:29 am

Dear Holly,
I admire you! Congratulations!
Lots of Love all the way from Germany
Heidi

spunkysuzi March 24, 2012 at 6:48 am

What a fantastic difference!! You look a lot happier and yes definitely Sassy with a capitol "s" 🙂

Lori March 24, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I can really see a difference. You are doing great?

Have you ever considered consigning your clothes? I did when I was zipping down the scales so quickly. You can buy clothes a lot cheaper and get a bit for the clothes that are too big.
Lori

Rebekah March 25, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Hi! Staci is a friend of mine, and she sent me the link to your blog, so I've been "lurking" out here, but just wanted to leave you a comment! Lol! I have enjoyed following along, and I think that you're doing awesome! 🙂

Czesia March 25, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Holly!!! I see SUCH a difference. I think you may not be seeing it because it's hard for us to comprehend how others see us?!? Your body structure has slimmed EVERYWHERE! I'm not just trying to toot your horn, I really mean it! I love following your journey!

Czesia March 25, 2012 at 8:37 pm

By the way, you are GORGEOUS!

Andrea March 27, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Love watching your videos and seeing how far you've already come. I love what you said in your first video about your faith. I've learned so much about myself and my faith through this process and saw how I really put food as an idol in my life. Good job Holly!